PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick #27- you'll be very disappointed if Pats pass on whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill should've been all over Sean Jones during the '09 off-season, when he was a UFA who had played under the just-fired Romeo in Cleveland from '05-'08.

Hell, I really wanted BB to draft Sean Jones in the second round of '04 but that didn't turn out the way I wanted and in reality, I didn't complain too bitterly because at that time, I thought Marquise Hill was a great get. So count me in the Sean Jones camp.

Well, on second thought though, the Madam Cleos of this forum have me convinced. We need to keep drafting WRs with early picks year in and year out. Just imagine what this team could be if even our 5th receiver is an All-Pro. It's like specially configuring your amps to go to 11!!!

Last edited:
Bill Belichick must see something in Josh Barrett.

Funny, I wanted Bill to take Barrett (or Center Steven Justice from Wake Forest) in the '08 draft
with the 6th-rounder foolishly & predictably thrown away for the pile of crap named Bo Ruud.

4 years later, however, it should be obvious even to Bill that Barrett is deteriorating from injuries,
and has shown little instincts or even a willingness to tackle during the very few moments
whenever he has appeared on the field.

It was worth a shot to claim him from Denver, but 2011 has shown that it's time to move on.

The whole point of this thread is setting yourself up for disappointment. You really can't pinpoint who the Pats will take or how highly they value players unless you get a sneak peek at their draftboard. A better question would be who is your draft bink -- with the understanding that the Pats won't necessarily pick him?

Name the one player, that could be on the board, and you will be very disappointed if the Patriots pass on him.

My one player would be Hightower. To me he seems that he would be the perfect fit for the Patriots. Can play ILB/OLB and even DE in the 4-3.

Imagine a 3-4 with Spikes and Hightower inside- Mayo and Nick on the outside. Imagine a 4-3 with Spikes in the middle and Mayo and Hightower on the outside.

In fact I'd like to see the patriots move up to #20 to get him. Barron would take the sting off a little.

OK, who is the one player at #27 that you would cringe if the Patriots passed on.

Good question. The answer would be only if they see a future all-pro or pro-bowl quality center in the late 1st. Damien Woody/Pouncy level.

The New England Patriots currently have FOUR centers under contract for the 2012 NFL Season:

Dan Koppen
Dan Connolly
Ryan Wendell
Nick McDonald

Why would the New England Patriots even consider wasting a valuable draft selection on a center in the 2012 NFL Draft?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey