PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 2 Home Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hypothetical for you, and a reality for me...

My uncle, who has season tickets, allows me to choose 2 games each year to attend. It is always a difficult decision, and this year is no exception. I consider the following criteria when making my decision:

1. A game against an elite team. Extra credit if not an AFCE team as I like to see different teams in person. But the bigger the game, the more fun

2. 4:15 or night game. I like to tailgate! And drinking in the lot in the morning for a 1:00 game is not my idea of fun. Since I will take the following day off from work, I have no fear of night games. In fact, more consideration is given to night games. I love the atmosphere at night.

3. Time of year. I have become more ****ified and hate the freezing cold. And for anyone who was at the Jet game in 2007, I can do without hail, freezing rain, and a 5 hour drive through a storm. September and October are always preferred.

Here are my thoughts on each game....

Sunday, Sept. 16 Arizona 1:00 p.m. Home opener is a plus. Opponent is ok. Time of year is great. 1:00 start is a big negative

Sunday, Oct. 7 Denver 4:25 p.m. LOVE time of year and game time. Brady/Manning? No brainer. However, if Manning's neck becomes an issue, game could be a dud.

Sunday, Oct. 21 New York Jets 4:25 p.m. Should be great game, lots of hatred, etc. Love October and late game. Kind of sick of the Jets though

Sunday, Nov. 11 Buffalo 1:00 p.m. Meh. 1:00, Bills, no gonna happen

Sunday, Nov. 18 Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. Nope

Monday, Dec. 10 Houston 8:30 p.m. Love the opponent and MNF! Could be really cold though

Sunday, Dec. 16 San Francisco 8:20 p.m. Again, love the opponent and love the night game. Why are both night games in December though?:mad:

Sunday, Dec. 30 Miami 1:00 p.m. NOT A CHANCE. Could mean nothing, Miami will suck, 1:00, will be cold, and it's my birthday!

I am really curious what others would choose for their 2 games. I am leaning toward 49ers and Broncos, but am considering Texans, Jets, Cardinals games.

I think your first insticts are spot on, Denver & San Fran look to be two good games. I did not comprehend the two night games back-to-back on short notice in December. Ugh from an "old" fan standpoint, but could be exciting if we are in the thick of a real race. Home opener is always exciting too, even with the early start time. I would go 1) Denver; 2) San Fran; 3) Cardinals; 4) Jests; 5) Texans (I don't think they are that good); 6) Buffalo; 7) Miami (I would rather see a bad AFCE opponent than a bad non-AFCE opp.); 8) Indy. Have fun whichever you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down