Not open for further replies.

Dingleberry

A master debater and a cunning linguist
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A hypothetical for you, and a reality for me...

My uncle, who has season tickets, allows me to choose 2 games each year to attend. It is always a difficult decision, and this year is no exception. I consider the following criteria when making my decision:

1. A game against an elite team. Extra credit if not an AFCE team as I like to see different teams in person. But the bigger the game, the more fun

2. 4:15 or night game. I like to tailgate! And drinking in the lot in the morning for a 1:00 game is not my idea of fun. Since I will take the following day off from work, I have no fear of night games. In fact, more consideration is given to night games. I love the atmosphere at night.

3. Time of year. I have become more ****ified and hate the freezing cold. And for anyone who was at the Jet game in 2007, I can do without hail, freezing rain, and a 5 hour drive through a storm. September and October are always preferred.

Here are my thoughts on each game....

Sunday, Sept. 16 Arizona 1:00 p.m. Home opener is a plus. Opponent is ok. Time of year is great. 1:00 start is a big negative

Sunday, Oct. 7 Denver 4:25 p.m. LOVE time of year and game time. Brady/Manning? No brainer. However, if Manning's neck becomes an issue, game could be a dud.

Sunday, Oct. 21 New York Jets 4:25 p.m. Should be great game, lots of hatred, etc. Love October and late game. Kind of sick of the Jets though

Sunday, Nov. 11 Buffalo 1:00 p.m. Meh. 1:00, Bills, no gonna happen

Sunday, Nov. 18 Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. Nope

Monday, Dec. 10 Houston 8:30 p.m. Love the opponent and MNF! Could be really cold though

Sunday, Dec. 16 San Francisco 8:20 p.m. Again, love the opponent and love the night game. Why are both night games in December though?:mad:

Sunday, Dec. 30 Miami 1:00 p.m. NOT A CHANCE. Could mean nothing, Miami will suck, 1:00, will be cold, and it's my birthday!

I am really curious what others would choose for their 2 games. I am leaning toward 49ers and Broncos, but am considering Texans, Jets, Cardinals games.

Not even a question IMO

The hated Jets for sure and there won't be too many more Brady vs. Manning classics so Denver as the other....you have to assume Manning will be starting,he's a whiner but he is also as tough as nails.

Last edited:
Any 2 of Jets, Texans, 49ers and Broncos. Broncos is most questionable based on how well Manning does early on. The other three should almost definitely be great games.

I'm hoping to get good seats for the 10/7 game Vs. Denver. It's my wife and my anniversary AND a long weekend. Double win!

vs. Jets in October would be perfect.

Jets and Broncos are the first two that come to mind for me.

On the other hand you also have two really good games late against teams you don't see that often (SF and Houston). The 49ers game has the return of Moss and a great defense; Houston has Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and another good defense. But as you said considering the time of year and being night games, I think I would go for the first two.

Houston
San Francisco

Jets and 49ers. I'd say Broncos and Jets, but you don't want to blow both your games in 3 weeks.

Denver is a lock imo

Then it goes between Jets/Bills or Houston/49ers. It depends on if you want to see a good rivalry or a game between two playoff teams. Even that could change depending how teams do during the season. If I were to pick now I would take the Jets just based on pure hatred and the fact they are poised for a horrible year.

jets and denver

i only have 2 choices this year since i move to florida in november..so i will be going to the az and denver game...denver ones i will most likely have to get them on stubhub

Brady vs Manning, no brainer.
Pats vs Jets on my birthday, I'd do that one too.

(FWIW, I've been to about 15 games and have NEVER seen them lose in person...just sayin. If any season ticket holders need a friend or anything...)

If it were me, I'd go to the Broncos and Jets game

Brady vs Manning, no brainer.
Pats vs Jets on my birthday, I'd do that one too.

(FWIW, I've been to about 15 games and have NEVER seen them lose in person...just sayin. If any season ticket holders need a friend or anything...)
Why haven't you booked for 19 games this season then? :cool:

Broncos & Jets

Since I'm goin VS Jets on Thanksgiving Nite With my friend who is a season ticket holder, that Jet game is gonna be goin for a sweep for Pats.
Nuthin like having turkey during my day and more turkey at nite!

Last edited:
If my uncle would let me I'd always pick the last game of the year and then wait and see on the other. That would be helpful if the Pats decided to retire a former player at one of the games or to take a look at the importance of the game

If I had to choose right now I think I would choose the last game and the Texans game.

Last edited:
Safest bet would be Jets and Broncos. I have a feeling that the 49ers will regress and although I don't feel the same about Houston, it could easily happen. Even if the Broncos suck this year, you still have the whole Brady vs Manning thing, and Jets games are always worth attending in person.

Houston
San Francisco

This is what I was going to suggest as well. If either one of those two teams turns out to suck, substitute either one of the Jets or Broncos (whomever is playing better football, probably the Broncos).

Houston and San Fran are the 2 biggest games on there, the ones I'm personally looking forward to the most.
Jets game will have the best atmosphere, probably the most fun game to go to on there. Usually the bigger games I prefer to watch at home with full concentration, if you're like me you go to the Jets and Broncos games (or Jets and one of the night games just cuz primetime would be dope regardless).

I'd take the Jets and Houston unless you wanted to clap for Moss before the 49ers game. I don't think Manning will be quite himself this year, so Broncos wouldn't interest me as much as next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back