PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PI on Butler before Colts 4th TD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Can't find anyone talking about this, but I WAS FUMING over that penalty. My wife took my kid for a walk. :eek:

Anyone else think it was BS? They were facing, looking at, and GOING AFTER the ball. AND the receiver didn't even go back into him at all.

I really kind felt like the calls going to Indy in the past may be something that I really imagine, but it was CLEARLY favoring Indy last night. Bogus.

Welcome to Bill Polian's inner circle, would you like some Koolaid ?

From one Pats fan to another it was clearly pass intereference. I don't know how this has become an issue.

Yeah, it must be frustrating as a defender that you can be running with the receiver, turn around to spot the ball and the receiver instigate contact by jumping into you and be flagged for defensive PI.

I don't think it was pass interference and I was more stunned that the ref through the flag 5 minutes after the ball hit the turf.

However, it wasn't as bad as the call against Hobbs a few years ago or th non-call on Caldwell.

Yeah, it must be frustrating as a defender that you can be running with the receiver, turn around to spot the ball and the receiver instigate contact by jumping into you and be flagged for defensive PI.

I agree with you 100% and had Butler made a play for the ball it may not of been called.

Can't find anyone talking about this, but I WAS FUMING over that penalty. My wife took my kid for a walk. :eek:

Anyone else think it was BS? They were facing, looking at, and GOING AFTER the ball. AND the receiver didn't even go back into him at all.

I really kind felt like the calls going to Indy in the past may be something that I really imagine, but it was CLEARLY favoring Indy last night. Bogus.

I imagine the following conversation:

Kid: "Why did Daddy talk to the TV?"
Mother: "I'll explain someday. Just because he said those bad words doesn't mean you can do the same."
Kid: "Why not?"

I agree with you 100% and had Butler made a play for the ball it may not of been called.

What constitutes making a play on the ball? He was facing it, looking at it, and reaching for it?

Collie didn't think it was PI. He didn't even motion for it such is the in vogue nature of calling for flags atm. That spoke volumes to me about Collie.

Last edited:
I imagine the following conversation:

Kid: "Why did Daddy talk to the TV?"
Mother: "I'll explain someday. Just because he said those bad words doesn't mean you can do the same."
Kid: "Why not?"

The worst thing about it is that I saw it coming a mile away. Realizing we were up by 13. I just knew it. That is why I was cool with the call to go for it.

I'm not so sure that a case couldn't be made for offensive PI, both players were making a play for the ball, Butler was closest and would have had the better chance of making the play if the contact hadn't occurred. That's what makes these calls so frustrating, almost never are they without without some level of controversy.

The worst thing about it is that I saw it coming a mile away. Realizing we were up by 13. I just knew it. That is why I was cool with the call to go for it.
+1
10 chars..

NFL Videos: NFL GameDay: Patriots vs. Colts highlights

It is in there... I agree with you that it was a bad call, however... I heard a sports talk radio reporter say that these penalties are called every week. The rule just needs to be adjusted or another tool that takes the human element out of the decision. Colts will always get this call for them, ever since the 2003 AFC game.

it was a BS call, and just because it happens in other games does not make it ok, the NFL needs to do something about the way PI is called

it was a BS call, and just because it happens in other games does not make it ok, the NFL needs to do something about the way PI is called

No need to argue brotha... I am just saying that the way the current situation is set up the Colts will get that call 99 times out a of a 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back