Welcome to PatsFans.com

Phony Offended people

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 3, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

I watched "Borat" last night :singing: where the hell are the politically correct whiney solbbering liberal ding dongs, Adolph Hitler would have loved this movie.

Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat) has made Time Magazine as one of America's most influencial people "LOL", this guy publicly drags the Jews through the mud, he makes fun of them, he calls them names I would be fired for IF I WAS WORKING AND SAID THEM and he insults them all through his whacky movie, he does everything that we have been told is Anti Semetic, Bigoted And Racist and he is a f-cking hero.

How in the hell do you phony double standard looney vicious liberals explain this, don't give me that
    "he's a Jew bullsh!t so it's allright" if I was a Jew I would hunt this son of a b!tch down and tear his tongue out (like the muslims do).

POOR IMUS WHAT A SCREWING HE TOOK ALL BECAUSE OF THIS DOUBLE STANDARD PHONY POLITICALLY CORRECT CRAP THAT THE LIBERALS ARE RAMMING DOWN OUR THROATS

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You didn't understand Borat, did you? He's not making fun of Jews, not even a little. He's making fun of the fact that Americans think Khazaks are so ass-backwards, that they're really that way.

He's making fun of the fact that Americans will cheer when someone says "May George Bush drink the blood of every man, woman, and child in Iraq".

He's making fun of the fact that Americans will believe that Khazaks "worship the hawk".

But mostly, Borat isn't deep social commentary, but slapstick humor combined with observing peoples' reactions, in the spirit of Candid Camera or the Jerky Boys.

And it's damn funny.

3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

YUP................

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +595 / 24 / -19

C'mon Harry, whatever you might think of the message, you have to admit, Borat showed plenty of balls going to a rodeo and singing that "anthem," and screwing around with those rich southern folk. Also, the wrestling scene had nothing to do with politics, but was pretty hilarious. Sure, where there was politics it was more liberal than not, but his attitude towards the Khazaks was, if anything, pretty darn bigoted.

5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

what ruined the movie for me was learning these producers tricked a truly poor Romanian town into humiliating themselves, and didn't help or compensate them. I also liked the movie less after reading that many of the scenes were 'set up', so to speak, so the reality part of it is sometimes fake, sometimes real.

Personally, I found the film over-rated based on its huge hype and reviews.

6. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not many of the parts were set-up, the only people in on the joke (other than Borat and his producer) were Pamela Anderson, the woman who played the prostitute, and the antique store owner.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

I'd like to see Limbaugh and Imus produce a picture like that :singing: :singing:

8. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd like to see that too.

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +595 / 24 / -19

I wondered the same thing, and found this article:

http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2006/11/10/guide_to_borat/index_np.html

I think humor always tends to appeal to a fairly narrow demographic. Sure, there are certainly ethical problems with the film, but that aside, I thought it was very brave, and did provide some worthwhile commentary on how much we have in common with each other, regardless of class, culture, taste, etc.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

"Nappy Headed Ho's"
    Kill Him

11. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,004 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

Only Harry would confuse the message of the Borat movie and equate it with the intent of what Imus said.

Harry, I don't have to write it about you, but your self-definition comes flying through with each clueless post you make.

Keep it up!!!!!!!

On a much lower level, you're doing for the loony left what George Bush has done for Iran.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

:singing: Get a load of this one, this is one radio talk show host talking about another one's dead mother. Notice the "ethnic dialect".

"Mother Sykes, she dead. To me it's the vengeance of God. I ain't got no tears. Matter of fact a woman that would have a fool like that deserve whatever is coming her. She raised a sure enough idiot," McGee said on his radio show. "My instincts say Charlie Sykes killed his momma, cuz she live out in this big palace in Mequon all isolated. He got tired of waiting for her money."

McGee's comments came about 15 minutes into his show. He went on for about five minutes and then moved on to a different topic, but later in the show a caller asked about it.
    http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/13254969/detail.html

13. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Has that been a problem for you in the past?

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

That movie was half terrible. People in this country are always courteous at first. They cheer whatever, and when he started to not mince words, you could see, and hear, that most of the people had started to catch on to what he was saying. It was a tad disengenuous to me. To offend people as he does, and then make it a joke about how bad they are, is a little hypocritical to me. Showing up at a dinner where people are being hospitible, and then insulting them, or making them feel uncomfortable while you're there, is not my idea of funny. It had some funny scenes, but most of it was totally dumb. I was disappointed mostly. I thought it was gonna be funnier. That scene in the hotel room with him and that fat guy was just disgusting. It had some funny parts, but it sucked overall I thought. A waste of $4. :mad:

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Mav, you hit it on the head. I thought it was going to be a legit "reality" type movie. It was all BS. It was all staged. Movies like that only help to contribute to the dumbification of society. I love funny stuff, and i thought the movie pretty much sucked, save for a couple of funny scenes. Every 5 minutes someone was masturbating. It was gross.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

I understand what your saying, but they aren't as disimilar as you may beleive. Each, the movie, and the comments by Imus, were derogatory in nature, while being made in the name of humor. I found the movie very disapointing. I thought it was going to be based more on reality than a script. Sadly, it was scripted. It basically took advantage of people being good natured and curtious. Have you ever been around a friend of a friend per say, someone you really don't know, who moves to tell everyone a joke about something you find offensive? Do you chastize said person, confront him, or punch him in the mouth after he speaks? Or do you simply sit there, let them say his piece, and then walk away and let it be? I do the latter. Does my smile or giggle mean that I agree with the culprit, or does it mean I was simply being courtious and anti-inflamatory? I thought Borat took advantage of that in most cases. IMO anyway.

How does Iran get into a post about Borat? Wierd.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

The movie did have some funny parts, but lets face, did any of you ga ga liberals really make some popcorn and sit in your living room with gramma and the kids and watch this sh!t.
    Liberals loved it, it had all their favorite "suck and f-ck" crap in it and they also threw in a shot of this Borat creep jerking off in the street while he was looking at a manikin in a store window.

Messy,
    This guy Borat said far worse things and did far worse things in this 1 1/2 hour movie than Don Imus has done in his whole career, Politically Correct Bullsh!t did Imus in and you all know it.

Imus is suing CBS for 40 Million, they will have to Fire Cute Perky Katie to pay him off :singing:

18. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,004 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

1) Evidently, you don't know the difference between braodcast public airwaves which are regulated by the FCC and the movies which aren't.

2) Borat was a parody of racism, Imus was speaking as himself.

The fact that I have to explain this for you is kind of sad, Harry.

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

In the world of the Politically Correct freedom of speech all depends on who is giving the speech.

You say Borat was a "parody of racism", somewhere in the world there may have been a nice young Jewish girl out on her first date with the good looking christian boy next door, they went to the movies to see Borat, do you think she did a little squirming in her seat, do you think she enjoyed that sh!t up on the screen that was making fun of her people while she was sitting with her new boyfriend, liberals and Jews should be outraged at this movie, but it doesn't seem to bother them, so be it, who cares.

Borat
    Belafonte
    Hollywood
    Pus Ball Sharpton
    Jessie Jackoff
    Pig Face Rosie
    Rap Crap Snoopy Doggie
    These people, all good, say anything they want, freed0om of speech.

Coulter
    Limbaugh
    Hannity
    Fox News
    Imus
    These people should be destroyed and removed from public life, that is Liberalism for you.
    :bricks:

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree almost word for word with the above... I saw most of it on a personal in-flight movie system and when that scene came on, I was pretty damn embarrassed and shut the TV off right there...

But he made fun of Christians and southerners, so the liberal Hollywood elite embraced him as the greatest comic genius of our time...