Welcome to PatsFans.com

Phony Holiday For Liberals

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Dear Liberals:
    Before you start scratching yourselves and start screaming "Racism" I didn't write this, I just thought you might like to read it, you "hate" the Author but try and get through it, if your a "Flaming LIberal" it will make you sick.

More African-Americans spent this season reflecting on the birth of Christ than some phony non-Christian holiday invented a few decades ago by an FBI stooge. Kwanzaa is a holiday for white liberals, not blacks.
    http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
  2. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares? Why are you so threatened by Kwanzaa? Nearly every culture in the world has a mid-winter holiday/celebration. I'm with you, Kwanzaa seems a little silly and unnecessary at times but if people want to participate in it then let them. If people like yourself stopped Chicken-Littling over everything you don't/can't/refuse to understand then the world would be a quieter place.

It's not like Christmas is so great anyway, just a bunch of consumerism packaged as religion. I don't think Jesus' birth has anything to do with buying your wife a Lexus or a 52" TV. Kwanzaa, at its heart, is a time for family and friends to come together, relax, and enjoy each other's company. Some black people probably find it comforting and liberating because they might feel that Christianity was thrust on them, along with slavery, by white Europeans. I can't say I would blame them much for feeling that way...
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

DIDN'T FIND IT THREATING, FOUND IT INTERESTING.
  4. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

your thread title seemed like an indictment...

Interesting article on its origins. No wonder so many blacks didn't adopt it, it was an idea pushed by fringe groups that mainstream black society didn't want too much to do with.

Wish she would have dug a little deeper into FBI policies, though. Makes you wonder what operations they have underway these days and how they might be affecting us...
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

guy is a complete joke.... another yawner...
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

It's not a Holiday, it's more like a family cookout, it was dreamed up by a Racist, I find that interesting.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

of course you do... because it takes one to truly recognize one?
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Racists on the other side amaze me, the things they get away with is truly baffling :bricks:
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

not sure who you're talking about... i'm not the one routinely threatened by other races, or making inane rambling posts about how i wish "smelly muslims" would kill eachother, and their children, and all die... i mean, it's rather cut and dry who the racist is here between you and i...
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Talking about holidays, how about today, the Feds got another day off.. nice long weekend, sure they were all glued to their TV sets watching the funeral.

Screwed up my mail delivery again.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The other side means the "Harry Belafonte's and Cynthia McKinneys" NOT YOU.

Other races don't threaten me, it is the Politically Correct attitude that insists that I accept who the Liberal Do-Gooder insists that I SHOULD accept.

I don't like being told who I should bring home to dinner or sell my car to, this is America I am free to like and dislike whoever I please, I judge a person by their "Goodness" not the color of their skin or their religion, believe me there are some rotten White mother f-ckers out there.
    :rocker:
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

No More War
    Stay Out Of Africa
    War Is Hell
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The funny thing about this is that people have been decorating trees around this time of the year since long before Jesus Christ was supposedly born. Reaching way back into the mists of time, the pre-Christian pagans were convinced that the 'god' who had been stealing the sun from them all winter finally gave up in late December, and that's why the days would start to get longer and it would slowly get warmer (and that eventually they'd be able to play Baseball again:D)
    So they'd have a party and decorate a tree and give each other presents.

This is the actual reason for a late December holiday, Winter Solstice. The powers that be in Rome decided to just jump on that time of the year to upstage the Jews and the Pagans and maybe the Kwanzians too:confused: