Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3207105

I now have a new found respect for Philip Rivers. He had surgery on his knee so he could play in the AFC Championship game, and will need a second surgery before next year...all the while LT sat out with a sprain? Say what you want about Rivers, but he really earned my respect in the title game.

chnage title to another phillip rivers respect thread, plz.

A stud point or two? Yes.

Respect? He'd have to do much more than play hurt to earn even a little from me.

Enough already...this is the 5th or 6th thread on this topic. Good for him. Showed courage. Still, he is a jack arse.

I've always had mixed feelings on Rivers. I think he's too arrogant compared to what he's accomplished, but I think it's important for a QB to have confidence. As for the jawing with fans, I actually think he won me over with his defense of "it's all clean, no profanity or anything, good natured." He's right, fans try to get under players skin all the time, and I really have no problem with him talking to them (as long as it's not a detriment to his focus) as long as it's clean and not mean spirited. I'm sure feeling like they got under his skin was the thrill of a lifetime for those fans.

I will always respect Rivers more than I respect Eli because of the whole draft day fiasco. Rivers handled it well and I don't recall him complaining, even as he went from a major media market to a team where he was seemingly blocked at the time. Eli, on the other hand, well we all remember how he conducted himself. Say what you want about Peyton, but he wouldn't have done what Eli did.

And of course, he did show some grit this week, especially if you contrast it to Classy vonHelmethead over on the sidelines under his big coat.

Last edited:
Can we simultaneously bash LT for being the biggest crybaby biatch in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots