PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phillies vs Yankees Series Thread

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well ... I'll start this one off with a Yankee forum post.

Embarrassing - It's Over Phillies will sweep these Bums

New York Yankees

Did not come prepared other then Sabathia and Jeter. The rest look completely lost. Hate to tell this team but they do not get the automatic win because they are the Yankees.
You will be shut out, in your house Game 1 of the WS. This is unacceptable!

Cliff Lee IS NOT THAT GOOD (regardless of is 07 season) but when you let him get ahead all night IT'S OVER.

NICE MOVE GIRARDI, HUGHES IS ON THE VERGE OF BACK TO BACK WALKS !

UMPS ARE PHILLIE FANS

New York Yankees

Once again, Yankees have to beat the opponent and the umps. Huge strike zone for Lee. Tiny one for Yankee pitcher.

Last edited:
I see no problem with the strike zone and Cliff Lee sure has looked pretty good to me for a guy who "isn't that good".

Phillies have simply outplayed the Yankees and at this point in time, look a far better side, both offensively and defensively.

And Yankee fans wonder why the rest of the baseball world thinks they are a pack of morons; Cliff Lee is not that good? 07 season? You mean the season he was hurt in Spring training and never got back to form and wasn't even on the ALCS roster vs the Red Sox?

What a brain dead cement head; guess the other mensa candidate who posted missed the Angels game when two runners were tagged out at third but one was allowed to hang around anyway.

And nice base running tonight by Shemp, standing there with his thumb up his ass allowing Howard to tag his ugly ass out.

Maybe he needed a translator to tell him to get his ugly ass back on the bag, it was a pop out you oysterbrain..............

A lot of yankee fans are morons. I don't know what game he was watching but by those comments it must not be the same one I was watching cuz cliff lee completely dominated that lineup except jeter and its because he IS THAT GOOD. The strike zone looked fine to me. I'm happy they changed who they were gona have call these WS games cuz the umps in the DS and CS were god awful and these umps did a great job.

I was impressed by the Phillies last night. Glad they beat the Skankees. Cliff Lee = fantastic! I was shocked.

Can't wait for tonight's game! I will be tweeting again the entire time if anyone wants to join me @nikkinicoleweb on twitter. :woot:

I see no problem with the strike zone and Cliff Lee sure has looked pretty good to me for a guy who "isn't that good".

Phillies have simply outplayed the Yankees and at this point in time, look a far better side, both offensively and defensively.

Lee has pitched this way through the entire playoffs, lights out. As for the strike zone, the ump was equally inconsistent. The time Utley got called out on strikes, of the 5 pitches thrown, , only one was in the strike zone per questtrek...Granted it's not perfect but it wasn't favoring one team only.
Phillies wanted to get one win in NYC, and anything beyond that is gravy. If they go up 2-0 coming home with the Yankees having pitched their #1 and #2 starters, it may be too big a hole to overcome.....

Last edited:
If they go up 2-0 coming home with the Yankees having pitched their #1 and #2 starters, it may be too big a hole to overcome.....

From your lips to Gods ears..............AJ Burnett is now the stopper............stew on that for awhile.

As I write this, the douchenozzle will now go out and pitch the game of his life...........

2ikxoq9.jpg

Pedro is keeping the ball down ... he's got the breaking ball working and he's catching the back edge. How long can the old man keep it up???

So far so good for DADDY!!!

EDIT: ... This is like old school pitching ... Pedro is using every trick in the book on the hitters.
I'm thinking if he gets through the order twice he'll have done well. Not sure if he can get through the order 3 times without a heater ... but I'll be glad to be wrong.

Last edited:
Oh well ... the Phillies were pathetic tonight.

Pedro looked pretty good for an old man. Burnett pitched a great game and Mariano has been pitching as great as ever. Howard needs to get it going or the Phillies are in trouble.

As I write this, the douchenozzle will now go out and pitch the game of his life...........

Have to tip my cap to Burnett, he pitched a great game considering the pressure he was under and the fact that he had a 10 pound dump in his pants the entire game.

Two of my favorite Yankees, Horseface and Shemp hit home runs, Shemps was a 301 foot pop up to right.

Howard had better get his head and his ass wired together or else the Phillies are toast, they looked content tonight to head home tied 1-1.

What an absolute joke that stadium is, they should move the LLWS there next year instead of playing it in Williamsport.

Pedro did ok considering he's 38 years old and his arm almost fell off; Charlie Little kept him in way too long, the guy is as clueless as they get, Lee pitched two innings too many last night, Pedro should have never been out there in the seventh, what a oysterbrain.................

These are the two best teams in baseball, and they are stacked from top to bottom. Either team could win, and it wouldn't be an upset, or shocking. The line ups are terrific, and the starters either have the stuff, or the experience, to pitch a gem every time out. Look at Howard and Arod tonight. Two guys who've been destroying pitching so far in the playoffs, have looked miserable so far. This is terrific baseball.

Two of my favorite Yankees, Horseface and Shemp hit home runs, Shemps was a 301 foot pop up to right.

You are :rofl: .

Does every Yankee player have a name? :rofl:

Shemp ... :rofl: I used to like Shemp it almost ruins it now.

Not looking so well for the Phillies - the Yankees are hitting, and possibly just getting warmed up. The Phillies big bats have been feeble, they have 1 more game to wake up or it's over IMO.

Hats off to the Yankees. They've come to play since game 1. Everything seems to be working for them, on both sides of the ball.

It's going to take a miracle for the Phillies to get up from here.

Hats off to the Yankees. They've come to play since game 1. Everything seems to be working for them, on both sides of the ball.

It's going to take a miracle for the Phillies to get up from here.

They are seriously playing the game ... in all 3 phases as Belichick would say.

The series isn't over by any stretch. Clearly the Phillies should win tonight with Lee on the mound, and the Yankees line up taking a hit with Molina in it. The bottom of the Yankee order is going to struggle tonight, nevermind the top as well. Also, remember that the Yankees are going with 3 straight starters on 3 days rest, with the last one, CC, doing it for a 2nd time in as many turns in the rotation. With the Phillies line up as good as it is, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Some are arguiing that the Yankees should start Chad Guadin tonight, and almost concede the game to Lee, and then go with Burnett and Pettitte on their regular rest, or CC on short if it goes to a Game 7. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. All Philly has to do is win tonight, and see what happens after. With Lee on the mound that should happen. The guy's been absolutely amazing.

You are :rofl: .

Does every Yankee player have a name? :rofl:

Shemp ... :rofl: I used to like Shemp it almost ruins it now.

Yeah, it kills me too, Shemp is my favorite stooge. Just look at the ballbag the next time he's in the dugout without his hat on and his hair is down all over his face, the spitting image of Shemp.

And yes, I have nicknames for all the fvkcing Yankees; Shemp, Captain Intangibles, Horseface, Fruitbat, payFraud, picklenose, beavis, Sherman Klump, on and on it goes.

Can't take credit for most of them, they were cooked up by someone else, but there you go.

Truly a great team, have to give them credit, but they are a bunch of hateable *******s..............

Truly a great team, have to give them credit, but they are a bunch of hateable *******s..............

That's why Frank loves them so ... that f#@$ing greaseball Joe GeeYahti and T'Shata. Yankee fans cannot even properly announce their players names.

Back to New York.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back