Welcome to PatsFans.com

Philadelphia Swim Club..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 10, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

You have a day camp in Philly who pays 1,950.00 to use the pool for their day camp, 60 black kids show up, the patrons complain and then they get their money refunded.. cries of Racism, will Jesse and Al make an appearance..

Philadelphia-Area Swim Club Accused of Racial Discrimination - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Of Course Storm Front will Echo some of the patterned responses on this board.. white and proud..

Swim Club Accused Of Discrimination over 60 black kids. - Stormfront

2. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course they don't go into depth at what the complaints were about...watch it turn out that the kids trashed the locker rooms, were acting wild and were verbally abusive towards the paying members of the pool :rolleyes:

But the first reaction has to immediately be racism because the kids happen to be black...heaven forbid it turn out to be something else :rolleyes:

This is just idiotic...it's a freaking white supremicist website- what the hell else would you expect those morons to say about the kids!

Trying to race bait again to get attention after NEPatriot and PFinV got it the last couple of days Darryl? :rolleyes:
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not quick to pull out the race card without all the facts and to me there is something going on that we don't know about that happened between the kids and the kids of the members :rolleyes:

Check your facts- straight from the article:

They did complain and it wasn't because of their race, the kids did something that pissed off the members' and their kids :rolleyes:

No I got it from reading the article.

I disagree with you therefor I must be a racist by your logic.

I knew you were race baiting, you are once again trying to get a rise out of people :rolleyes:
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't get into a name calling contest, you will lose.

That statement doesn't mean anything, the one I quoted from the referenced Fox report says more- it ain't race, it's something else going on there.

You've got your racism card out so no matter what the truth is you are going to go back to racism again :rolleyes:
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

"prejudicial statement" is not name calling so get your depends out of a bunch..

there is no good reason to have terminated that contract except it changed the "complexion" of the pool.. if you enter into a contract, for what about 7 weeks you should honor it..

Your assumption that they did something bad to the locker room is prejudicial as first of all there is nothing to indicate it except you assume that must be it.. maybe they said a bad word.. maybe they drank from the water fountain..
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bull crap.

I'll call you an idiot for your idiotic assumptions then. Idiot :rolleyes:

Bull crap. There are reasons but that shoots holes in your "they are racist" theory :rolleyes:

And it has to be honored by both sides. One side is being accused of wrongdoing when you don't know what the hell the other side did

And I doubt you even give a damn what the other side did at this point, you have drawn your assumptions already so no matter what facts surface about what happened for them to nullify the contract you will continue that assumption despite them :rolleyes:

Really, I'm prejudiced?

You are the one who is claiming it was due to racism when the director stated that it was not due to their race!

I'm prejudiced for trying to logically draw conclusions...OK then whatever you say :rolleyes:

Foul language would be a valid reason especially if it is in the contract they had signed that the kids refrain from using foul language :rolleyes:

Maybe the pissed or sh!t all over the place, you don't know- you are just jumping to conclusions :rolleyes:
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hey. Please tell us which of those responses on stormfront you are talking about. Please name names of those you think echoes those responses on stormfront. When you post a white supremacist forum and lump some of our members in with their’s then be a man and face your targets eye to eye. Sheesh do our members that may have some issues with affirmative action tie them to white supremacy or is there something specific you had in mind when you labeled them racists?

As far as the article went, there may very well be a racist element to it and if there was then rights were certainly violated and the appropriate legal actions should be taken. That said basically only one side of the trial by public opinion story has been told so far. Don't you think you should hear both sides before the predictable "see, I told you they were racists just like the people on this board are that didn't automatically jump to that conclusion as I did?"
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

You have made my point, nice temper tantrum, laced with name calling.. this is a classic exhibit of Racism 101... none of your rebuttal can be deduced from the article.. assumption, after assumption they are black ergo..... nothing else to say.

More Info from another article, maybe there is something between the lines that can help you figure it out and come to some really great assumptions...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...stigating_alleged_discrimination_at_pool.html
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He didn't say that. Are you saying he can't speculate that something other than blatant racism is the reason they were removed? How's this for ya?

This is classic race bating 101. They are white ergo.... nothing else to say.
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's being tame, you have yet to see a temper tantrum. :rolleyes:

And you call me not once but twice "prejudiced" and I'm the one name calling? Right, OK Darryl only in your little world can you call someone "prejudiced" and it not be name calling by you.

How so? I'm being racist for not assuming it's racism? Am I supposed to always assume it's racism and not actually believe that there is more to something that black and white?

Not from the parts you choose to ignore. You choose to ignore the words of the pool's director to continue your assumption that it's racism despite him stating clearly that it was not race that led to the decision to boot them :rolleyes:

I never once made reference to their race. I stated clearly that there was more to the story than racism.

You are the one assuming that because they are black it is racism.

You shouldn't have more to say, you don't have any facts than assumptions and claims.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

I believe all I said was "prejudicial statement".. that is quite different than what you claim.. but that seems to be a recurring issue, that you one thing is written, but somehow you see something else..

The rest is just mumbo jumbo to try to justify your assumptions, enough light work for today..
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No it is not.

As opposed to you ignoring parts of articles that you don't like and that directly contradict what you have claimed don't exist.

You can point out what is wrong with everyone else replies but when it's pointed out to you you run off. You bait threads but you don't like it when your threads turn on you.
  14. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Working about two miles from the incident which is all over the news, let me throw my two cents in. Depending on who you believe, it was either a case of racism where whites didn't want their kids swimming with 65 black kids or a swim club that didn't anticipate the number of swimmers that they got and was overwhelmed by the number of kids in the pool.......
    I think it's a combination of the two and probably there were inappropriate and racist comments made. The state Human Relations Commission is investigating and the pool has shut down in fear of protests...This story is not over by a long shot.....
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

No Comment
  16. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If race did have something to do with this, do you think the pool folks would admit it? Maybe it was or maybe it really wasn't, but you can't go by their word.
  17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

For that amount of money I wouldn't want a crowded pool either. That said, even if it were for racial reasons, we can't outlaw the feelings of an individual; right or wrong, if someone doesn't want his kid swimming with other groups of kids, whether black, hispanic, catholic, whatever, that's his choice.
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

setting 60 kids of any race loose on a private pool club would make the members cranky.......yes, I believe there is some racism involved, but it would not be far fetched to say that regardless of race, whoever at the pool club signed up the club for this did not know what they were getting themselves into .... just a thought

I would reserve judgement until all the facts are out...........crying racism ever time a minority doesn't get what they want will actually foster racism

and making a big stink out of this one event will simply cause clubs to add the amendment 'the pool club is for members and their guests only....no exception'

the stink could ruin it for other clubs who are enjoying such benefits
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

On the surface, it seams racially motivated to me, and if it is indeed so, then it's racist. The key here is to figure out if this place has ever rented out it's pool to other schools, and if so, whether or not those schools brought this many kids to the pool. If the club is saying they were overwhelmed with the quantity of swimmers, then those questions should be asked. Were they aware that 60 were coming, were they prepared, and are there safety issues, or fears with so many. Again though, on the surface, it doesn't look good to me.
  20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the economy is causing clubs such as these to seek $$$ in other ways..........up until this year, these kinds of clubs have typically had waiting lists that took a few years.......now there are no waiting lists and there are plenty of openings as well.......and to avoid the risk of losing even more members, instead of jacking the rent, they try things that sound like a good idea.........it sounds like it wasn't thought out........if I were in their spot, I would have recommended closing the pool to members for that time and make the members understand that it is either doing this or raising rates.....most people understand the current economic climate.....still sounds a little racist, but in reality, I think of what might be if 60 kids of any race suddenly showed up at my pool club during regular member hours........it would be bedlam....and my club is pretty big

it suddenly makes the situation look like a community pool, and that not what members are paying for.........

would it be any more acceptable if they were caucasians and got treated that way? the whole white trash thing and all?