PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Simms and the Fumble that Wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branch wasnt changing hands, he was grabbing the ball with both hands, tucking his head, embracing for impact with his knee on the ground.... and he still lost the ball. good thing the defender tapped him on the shoulder before punching the ball out.

Branch's knee never left the ground as soon as he was touched the play ended, no possibility unless he dropped the ball without being touched. Obvious call.

god for bid, if the announcers or anybody is not a fan of the pats they are a fan boy of the other team.. simms is a big belichick fan for u newbees... the d is still scary.. but this was a good game plan called by belichick and O brien.. the d made some solid plays... a win is a win and against a division oppenent.. its a win.. too bad this didnt happen in jan sucks...

simms was absolutely terrible. i never noticed how much he loves the new york teams before. oh my god it was horrendous.

making comments after every jet penalty, praising revis after giving up a 60 yard catch to welker (but he caught him from behind!), and kissing Rex Ryan's ass all throughout the game.

it was sickening.

It is fun going to the Jets boards and watch them cry about how the refs are in the bag for the Pats. They are also crying there was no indisputable video evidence Burress was out of bounds even though there were several angles that showed he clearly was.

god for bid, if the announcers or anybody is not a fan of the pats they are a fan boy of the other team.. simms is a big belichick fan for u newbees... the d is still scary.. but this was a good game plan called by belichick and O brien.. the d made some solid plays... a win is a win and against a division oppenent.. its a win.. too bad this didnt happen in jan sucks...

Try watching the replay while sober, you may develop a reasonable opinion of him afterwards.

Branch was trying to flip phil simms the bird and the ball came free, I can't blame em.

Simms was awful today, like nails on a chalk board. I had to mute the damn game. The bias was so obvious. :mad:

Phil Simms is about as a big a Patriots butt-boy as there is so maybe let's cut it with the "he was rooting for the jets" nonsense. Just b/c he says things honestly about the Patriots that don't always shed a great light on them does not mean he's being partial to the other team.

And the idea that Rodney Harrison is anything even in the BALLPARK of "abysmal" as an analyst is just plain silly. He is, in my view, among the BEST analysts out there -- former player or not. Not sure what people are complaining about here. He's not RIGHT all the time, but nobody is. And he's a straight-shooter, articulate and passionate. What's not to like?

Phil Simms is about as a big a Patriots butt-boy as there is so maybe let's cut it with the "he was rooting for the jets" nonsense. Just b/c he says things honestly about the Patriots that don't always shed a great light on them does not mean he's being partial to the other team.

And the idea that Rodney Harrison is anything even in the BALLPARK of "abysmal" as an analyst is just plain silly. He is, in my view, among the BEST analysts out there -- former player or not. Not sure what people are complaining about here. He's not RIGHT all the time, but nobody is. And he's a straight-shooter, articulate and passionate. What's not to like?

john one of the smartest things u ever said... but then again u were ahead of the curve on this site before anybody else....

god for bid, if the announcers or anybody is not a fan of the pats they are a fan boy of the other team.. simms is a big belichick fan for u newbees...

Did you watch the game on mute?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Simms is usually very good. Today though not so much.

Agree on Simms. He doesn't have a horse in this race. I think he just got confused about the rule on the fumble.

Harrison in my opinion is awful, and it is just a matter of him not being a natural in front of the camera, which makes him nervious and unable to convey what might be otherwise on point analysis. The power trio of him, dungy and patrick is far and away the worst of all the NFL studio shows. I think they thought that him and Dungy might have like a fire and ice type chemistry but they are both basically devout, conservative guys and it just makes for boring tv, especially framing that stiff patrick.

simms was absolutely terrible. i never noticed how much he loves the new york teams before. oh my god it was horrendous.

making comments after every jet penalty, praising revis after giving up a 60 yard catch to welker (but he caught him from behind!), and kissing Rex Ryan's ass all throughout the game.

it was sickening.

Bitingly sarcastic or totally ******ed? You make the call!

Agree on Simms. He doesn't have a horse in this race. I think he just got confused about the rule on the fumble.

Harrison in my opinion is awful, and it is just a matter of him not being a natural in front of the camera, which makes him nervious and unable to convey what might be otherwise on point analysis. The power trio of him, dungy and patrick is far and away the worst of all the NFL studio shows. I think they thought that him and Dungy might have like a fire and ice type chemistry but they are both basically devout, conservative guys and it just makes for boring tv, especially framing that stiff patrick.

It was even worse when Olbermann was doing it. There is not a bigger douche on TV than Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann is just about the smartest, savviest, most articulate announcer out there. You may not like his politics, that's always my suspicion with cracks like this, but the idea that he's bad at his job -- as opposed to BRILLIANT at it, which is why so many people put up with his eccentricities and ego -- is as ridiculous as the idea that Rodney Harrison isn't comfortable on camera.

Honestly, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I'm AMAZED at these differences among us. In what world is Rodney AWKWARD in front of the camera???

Last edited:
Bitingly sarcastic or totally ******ed? You make the call!

Simms? maybe a little bit of both. I don't know him personally though.

You honestly think he didn't play favorites doing the commentary?

Welker burns Revis for a 60 yard catch and Simms then does his best to make it clear to the world that it couldn't have been Revis's fault but wow he caught him! even after someone else must have screwed up!

Branch is clearly down, i still don't get the debate/confusion and Simms continues to make comments after the play about how "this one is going to get debated all week".

Early in the game (the first time they start blowing Revis) they showed him hanging and pulling all over Welker while they take about how great he is. Then when there is a borderline call on Revis, Simms has to mention repeatedly how they can't call it.

Throughout the game he made comments and clearly seemed bitter. And i really have never seen this from him before. I have no idea where it came from.

If Simms is a pats fan, he's a bigger Jets supporter.

are you going to be ok? do you need a hug?

Are you a Simms?

Last edited:
Olbermann is just about the smartest, savviest, most articulate announcer out there. You may not like his politics, that's always my suspicion with cracks like this, but the idea that he's bad at his job -- as opposed to BRILLIANT at it, which is why so many people put up with his eccentricities and ego -- is as ridiculous as the idea that Rodney Harrison isn't comfortable on camera.

He is also the biggest douche bag. And one of the biggest pats haters. He would be a douche even if he was a pats fan though.

Honestly, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I'm AMAZED at these differences among us. In what world is Rodney AWKWARD in front of the camera???

I don't know what to tell you. I LIKE rodney. He is one of, if not my favorite players ever. I WANT TO like him. Every time he tries to make a point, I'm rooting for him, but it always comes out like a half-formed thought and his facial expressions are just not relaxed or natural. He has the deer in the headlights look just like that posterboard Dungy.

I guess we don't see eye to eye on commentators because Keith Olbermann, while savvy and articulate, is a raging douche.

Simms was pretty much an fan boy for the Jests during the game. It was really evident during the last few minutes when he sounded in denial of the Jests losing.

Not too sure about that, Demo. Simms is pretty good friends with Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes