Welcome to PatsFans.com

Phew! Good news for some Republicans

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 10, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Wonder if someone promised him a generous gift after he serves his time? At any rate, if he got a plea bargain, then the judge should add a decade or two to his sentence unless he abides by the agreement.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/05/10/news/top_stories/21_35_485_9_06.txt

Cunningham said to be uncooperative

Randy Cunningham has not been helping federal authorities as they continue to probe the former North County congressman's web of corruption, a top Pentagon investigator said Tuesday.

Rick Gwin, special agent in charge of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service's western regional office, said he is troubled by the lack of assistance, particularly in light of Cunningham's plea agreement that calls for him to tell all that he knows.

"In my opinion, he has not been cooperative and I have not gotten any information from him to further develop other targets," Gwin said in a telephone interview from his office in Mission Viejo. "I was hoping that from a jail cell, he might become more cooperative, but we just don't have the cooperation that I think we should have."

Cunningham pleaded guilty in November to bribery and tax evasion, admitting he took more than $2.4 million in bribes from defense contractors.
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Almost as fortunate as the democrats were when Vince Foster "committed suicide".
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

At least he's not a rat bastid. Everyone has some good in them. I'm starting to like this Cunningham guy, but I liked him better when he played for the Iggles.