Welcome to PatsFans.com

Phantom Redux

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by upstater1, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +194 / 14 / -3

Sorry, the other threads from last week are locked, and I understand why. But if we only notice when Brady ducks without seeing someone and he looks foolish, then this becomes part of the narrative.

Yesterday Brady ducked without seeing someone and ended up eluding the tackler who fell over him after he ducked. Some of us said last week that Brady always does this and that for every time he looks foolish (when there isn't anyone there) there are 3x when the no-look Houdini escape works.

Yesterday was a case in point, and if I'm not mistaken, he actually had a completion on that play.

2. Onedaful

Onedaful PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

That was a sweet move. Couldn't help but think of all the threads from last week after I saw that.

3. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +192 / 1 / -3

#12 Jersey

He did complete a pass that went for a good gain. That play was vintage Brady. Unfortunately, the rest of the 2nd half was the Brady you see once or twice a season that stinks up the joint.

4. robbomango

robbomango In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

SSSShhhhhhhh, you'll kill the narrative that TB is scared to death, panic ridden and seeing all kinds of monsters out there. Other QB's are elusive but TB is running for his life of course.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +126 / 44 / -25

#12 Jersey

First of all, Tom Brady NEVER looks foolish. He is Super Cool.....looks super cool....there are kids in Pop Warner working hard to perfect the Brady dip, dodge, and dive technique....and he has a Super hot wife to boot. Secondly....He made an awesome play after the dip, dive, and dodge with a great completion. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be SUPER COOL...like Tom Brady!!!!

6. Hardboiled

Hardboiled Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not sure if the Houdini move works 3/4 times. I think it is more the other way around. I commented, "Hey, it worked!" I thought it faked out the defender so much that he pulled a Dennard. Did he trip over TB?

7. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +194 / 14 / -3

I was being generous.
    I've seen the phantom maybe 4 times in my life.
    I've seen the houdini maybe 30 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.