Welcome to PatsFans.com

PG and E quits Chamber of Commerce

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

PG&E Corp. (PCG) said Tuesday it is leaving the U.S. Chamber of Commerce over objections to what its top executive called the chamber’s “extreme position on climate change.”

In a letter to the U.S. Chamber published on PG&E’s blog, www next100.com, PG& E Chairman and Chief Executive Peter Darbee wrote that company employees “find it dismaying that the Chamber neglects the indisputable fact that a decisive majority of experts have said the data on global warming are compelling and point to a threat that cannot be ignored.”

This is the first I've ever heard the position of the Chamber of Commerce with regards to climate change, and global warming.

bets part of the story is the chamber's stance on evidence.

The Chamber of Commerce BELIEVES that Obama is withholding evidence that refutes the rglobal warming theory....

thats the stance of the chamer of COMMERCE!!!!????
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

You must not have got the memo.....They changed it to global climate change...

Global warming wasn't getting rid of the six foot snowbank in my yard this spring?
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

riiiiiiiiight.....

I'm sure the scientific community, scholars and researchers have yet to get to the 'snowbank' in your yard, they are too busy studying icecore samples from hundreds of thousands of years ago....

nice sidetrack, back to the iussue......

What evidence is OBAMA withholding? At what point have we gotten to where an energy company (a huge one at that) has decided to leave the chamber of commerce of their stance on science? What does it say about our industry, and the vision it has for the furture?

its just odd....
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Well since cap and trade is a tax on it's members and their customers they have a right to be concerned especially since Temps are declining worldwide over the past 10 years in spite of increasing levels of CO2 that should supposedly cause temps to rise.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think you're confusing that with "icecap" and trade...completely different...