Welcome to PatsFans.com

PFW rankings, Colts #1

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by OldEnglandPatriot, Sep 27, 2006.

1. OldEnglandPatriot

OldEnglandPatriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm really not one for constantly ripping the Colts, but I find myself scratching my head at Pro Football Weekly ranking them #1 this week.

They've won fairly narrowly at a Giants team who are looking porous (to say the least) on defense, blew out the Texans (big deal) and squeaked past the Jags at home thanks partly to a punt return TD.

Is that the performance of a #1 team?

2. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +135 / 4 / -1

No worries - the Colts are great at being #1 during the first 14 weeks of the regular season.

3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 37 / -7

The Colts were #1 last week. They beat a good team. They are still number 1. Seems better that picking Seattle.

4. edgecy

edgecy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At this point, I think every teams have had to squeak by some of their games, the Colts are no different. They beat a very very good Jags team, and a fairly good Giants team, imo.

5. OldEnglandPatriot

OldEnglandPatriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd say the Bengals: Went to KC and won, beat the Steelers.

I'm not saying the Colts aren't a good team, but they don't look as good as last season to me.

6. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I am frankly stunned by the Colts performance thus far. I fully expected them to be 1-2, and headed for mediocrity. The team isn't very good. If Manning leads them to a solid year I would have to give him credit for his best season. Stangely, his performance against Jacksonville, while statistically awful, earned him more respect from me (like he would care) than his usual fantasy football garbage. Up to this point, strangely enough, the Colts are my #1 surprise. Are they the number one team? Absolutely not, but if this continues they will start giving me the creeps. #1 IMO should be Chicago. Cincinnati, while talented, has too many issues with immaturity and a spotty defense, SD has a 1st year QB, Baltimore is old, NO is unproven and Seattle runs that sketchy west coast offense that has "playoff disaster" written all over it. Jacksonville plays tough but dumb... So Chicago is #1 for me until they lose.

7. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +278 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

There a top 3 team so far. Right now I'm considering where are team is at.