PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW rankings, Colts #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'm really not one for constantly ripping the Colts, but I find myself scratching my head at Pro Football Weekly ranking them #1 this week.

They've won fairly narrowly at a Giants team who are looking porous (to say the least) on defense, blew out the Texans (big deal) and squeaked past the Jags at home thanks partly to a punt return TD.

Is that the performance of a #1 team?

No worries - the Colts are great at being #1 during the first 14 weeks of the regular season.

The Colts were #1 last week. They beat a good team. They are still number 1. Seems better that picking Seattle.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I'm really not one for constantly ripping the Colts, but I find myself scratching my head at Pro Football Weekly ranking them #1 this week.

They've won fairly narrowly at a Giants team who are looking porous (to say the least) on defense, blew out the Texans (big deal) and squeaked past the Jags at home thanks partly to a punt return TD.

Is that the performance of a #1 team?

At this point, I think every teams have had to squeak by some of their games, the Colts are no different. They beat a very very good Jags team, and a fairly good Giants team, imo.

I'd say the Bengals: Went to KC and won, beat the Steelers.

I'm not saying the Colts aren't a good team, but they don't look as good as last season to me.

I am frankly stunned by the Colts performance thus far. I fully expected them to be 1-2, and headed for mediocrity. The team isn't very good. If Manning leads them to a solid year I would have to give him credit for his best season. Stangely, his performance against Jacksonville, while statistically awful, earned him more respect from me (like he would care) than his usual fantasy football garbage. Up to this point, strangely enough, the Colts are my #1 surprise. Are they the number one team? Absolutely not, but if this continues they will start giving me the creeps. #1 IMO should be Chicago. Cincinnati, while talented, has too many issues with immaturity and a spotty defense, SD has a 1st year QB, Baltimore is old, NO is unproven and Seattle runs that sketchy west coast offense that has "playoff disaster" written all over it. Jacksonville plays tough but dumb... So Chicago is #1 for me until they lose.

There a top 3 team so far. Right now I'm considering where are team is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back