Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the latest from Nolan Nawrocki at Pro Football Weekly:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/mock2329.htm

I personally think Nawrocki is one of the sharper draftniks around, but was surprised by a few of his picks. If BJ Raji fall past Denver at #12 I would love to see the Pats trade up to get him, especially if they get a 1st round pick for Cassel.

He has Everett Brown going #3 to KC and Curry falling past Cleveland (Beanie Wells) to Jacksonville at #8. I've seen a few professional mocks recently with Brown rising into the top 5 and Curry falling to somewhere around 8-11. Does anyone know anything to suggest that either of these are reasonable things to happen?

I personally think Nawrocki is one of the sharper draftniks around, but was surprised by a few of his picks. If BJ Raji fall past Denver at #12 I would love to see the Pats trade up to get him, especially if they get a 1st round pick for Cassel.

He has Everett Brown going #3 to KC and Curry falling past Cleveland (Beanie Wells) to Jacksonville at #8. I've seen a few professional mocks recently with Brown rising into the top 5 and Curry falling to somewhere around 8-11. Does anyone know anything to suggest that either of these are reasonable things to happen?

If Curry ever made it to 11, I'd root hard for a trade up.

I think he's probably going off of old reports or did the work for this mock weeks/months ago. Curry's stock has been a steady rise, and he's top 3 material now. I imagine the combine will only help him.

Last edited:

That would make in interesting. With or without a Cassel trade, the Pats would have enough ammo to trade up to around the 10 spot (give or take) if Curry was to slip to there. A trade like that might cost them most of their picks in the 1st three rounds, maybe their higher 2nd and a 3rd. Buts its intruguing. And if the Pats do get a day 1 pick in any Cassel trade, I think a move up would be a definate. If a player like Curry falls. Which I dont see him doing as of yet. There is still the combine and pro day to make players rise and fall though. Another question would be is there any team in the 8-12 range that would want to trade out of their position to later in the 1st? I cant see one who would. At least not right now.

That would make in interesting. With or without a Cassel trade, the Pats would have enough ammo to trade up to around the 10 spot (give or take) if Curry was to slip to there. A trade like that might cost them most of their picks in the 1st three rounds, maybe their higher 2nd and a 3rd. Buts its intruguing. And if the Pats do get a day 1 pick in any Cassel trade, I think a move up would be a definate. If a player like Curry falls. Which I dont see him doing as of yet. There is still the combine and pro day to make players rise and fall though. Another question would be is there any team in the 8-12 range that would want to trade out of their position to later in the 1st? I cant see one who would. At least not right now.

Right - if you're sitting at 11 and Curry falls, why do BB a favor and let him move up there. Unless Curry screws up at the combine bad, we won't be in position to draft him.

Sintim did lead all college LBers in sacks in 2008 and he has experience in the 3-4.

I notice they have Mathews and A Smith on the board when we pick. Either would also be very tempting.

The thought of Pittsburgh gobbling up Maz Unger makes me sick with envy.

He switches 3 and 8 from some others. I can understand that pioli might want Smith instead of Curry. He also switches the RB's from other drafts. All in all, this seems a very competent draft and analysis.

I also expect Curry to have fine showing at the combine. That is not really the issue though, unless he passes Smith in Pioli's analysis or causes one of the teams in 4-7 to want another need other than one of their primary needs. It is not hard to pass on a stud like Curry if you are getting a stud at one of your primary spots of need.

Last edited:
This was published back on Jan 25 and was probably done the day before so it's just a bit out of date.

This was published back on Jan 25 and was probably done the day before so it's just a bit out of date.

Box, thanks so much for pointing this out. I stupidly found it listed as a mock from today and didn't check to make sure it was actually up to date. Mea culpa.

Box, thanks so much for pointing this out. I stupidly found it listed as a mock from today and didn't check to make sure it was actually up to date. Mea culpa.
I saw where Draft Daddy did that to you, I have to make a conscious effort to check dates too. In this case I pasted your link in and was reading it when some familiar phrasing came up causing me to pause and check the date - oops! :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes