PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW liked what they saw of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Dave Thomas and Willie Andrews in rookie camp, FWIW. I realize this might be a re-run thread, but if it is - at least it's not about Law, Branch or Graham. I would be VERY pleased if Andrews could make a contribution to this team. Getting anything out of 7th rounder would be fantastic - while we wait, I'll be the one in the corner praying that he's some kind of DB version of another quick-but-diminutive playmaker whose last name rhymes with Franch.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Dave Thomas and Willie Andrews in rookie camp, FWIW. I realize this might be a re-run thread, but if it is - at least it's not about Law, Branch or Graham. I would be VERY pleased if Andrews could make a contribution to this team. Getting anything out of 7th rounder would be fantastic - while we wait, I'll be the one in the corner praying that he's some kind of DB version of another quick-but-diminutive playmaker whose last name rhymes with Franch.

Wouldnt you be "very" pleased if any player makes a contribution to this team??

holyredeemer said:
Wouldnt you be "very" pleased if any player makes a contribution to this team??

Of course. Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

patsox23 said:

How much does the Press get to see of rookie camp? Not that I want to cast doubt on this -- a punt returner who can play some nickel/dime would be fantastic for a late-round pick.

I think he's our kick and punt returner and dime back. I think he's got a better chance to contribute than LeKeeeeevin or Stevenson.

patsox23 said:
Of course. Thanks for contributing to the discussion.
:rocker: Great response! Mind if I steal it now and then?

dryheat44 said:
I think he's our kick and punt returner and dime back. I think he's got a better chance to contribute than LeKeeeeevin or Stevenson.
LeKevin has a long hill to climb up to make it on this team. Stevenson on the other hand is said to be a Joe Andruzzi clone by Weis. Thats a big boost right there. I bet he stays on the team or the at least the PS for this year.

SeanBruschi54 said:
LeKevin has a long hill to climb up to make it on this team. Stevenson on the other hand is said to be a Joe Andruzzi clone by Weis. Thats a big boost right there. I bet he stays on the team or the at least the PS for this year.

I think they're both destined to the PS.

More importantly, are we going to get your old avatar back? Or one similar?

They seem to be looking at Stephenson at center - could be just seeing if he CAN do it, but it's a start.

patsox23 said:
They seem to be looking at Stephenson at center - could be just seeing if he CAN do it, but it's a start.

I was re-reading some draft material, and one site actually suggested that O'Callaghan would almost certainly be a guard in the NFL, and Stevenson would be better suited for center.

I'd be OK with that. They've got that UDFA from Virginia (Barthelmes?) taking snaps at center too.

dryheat44 said:
I was re-reading some draft material, and one site actually suggested that O'Callaghan would almost certainly be a guard in the NFL, and Stevenson would be better suited for center.

I'd be OK with that. They've got that UDFA from Virginia (Barthelmes?) taking snaps at center too.

yeah, but draft material also said that Matt Light would almost certainly be a guard in the NFL, so i'll just wait and see where the team thinks that these guys will best fit.

Getting back to Andrews and the KR situation for a minute.

Here is the timeline as I see it.

BB knows by the last game of the season that he wants to jettison Bethel .
BB knows if he does that, then we'll need return help.
BB does not try to sign a guy like Drummond in FA.
Instead BB would rather draft Andrews and trust our return game to a rookie.
PFW says Andrews looks good at mini camp in a tshirt and shorts.

All I can say is in BB I trust.

Ochmed Jones said:
Getting back to Andrews and the KR situation for a minute.

Here is the timeline as I see it.

BB knows by the last game of the season that he wants to jettison Bethel .
BB knows if he does that, then we'll need return help.
BB does not try to sign a guy like Drummond in FA.
Instead BB would rather draft Andrews and trust our return game to a rookie.
PFW says Andrews looks good at mini camp in a tshirt and shorts.

All I can say is in BB I trust.

So are you saying no one can look good in training camp because they're not wearing pads? Funny, I don't remember people pointing that out when the media was gushing over Chad Jackson at mini-camp. I'm shocked you haven't watched hours of film on Andrews like you claim to on every other player coming into the NFL. Also, I like it how you never answer anyone when they ask what film you are watching because it's the same Internet feed from Yahoo that we all see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back