PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Have read the "Ask PFW" stuff on the Pats site for years but I've never actually listened to one of their broadcasts. Was nothing on TV over here in the UK last night so I went to the Pats site and clicked the "PFW In Progress" link. What followed was a 2 hour show in which 4/5 hacks discussed all things Pats. They read out a few emails and took a couple of calls but in the main it was just the guys in the studio having a chat like blokes in a bar. Have to say it was an excellent show and I'll make a point of listening again.

Is this show listened to by many on here ? What do people think of the hacks in the studio ? One or two names rang a bell from clips on "Patriots Today" and they talked a lot of sense.

Have read the "Ask PFW" stuff on the Pats site for years but I've never actually listened to one of their broadcasts. Was nothing on TV over here in the UK last night so I went to the Pats site and clicked the "PFW In Progress" link. What followed was a 2 hour show in which 4/5 hacks discussed all things Pats. They read out a few emails and took a couple of calls but in the main it was just the guys in the studio having a chat like blokes in a bar. Have to say it was an excellent show and I'll make a point of listening again.

Is this show listened to by many on here ? What do people think of the hacks in the studio ? One or two names rang a bell from clips on "Patriots Today" and they talked a lot of sense.

Viist PFWinProgress.com

Last edited:
I haven't seen the show. I have subscribed to the paper for many years, but I'm having second thoughts about renewal. By the time it arrives, most, if not all, of what's in there is old news. I do like the format of the paper and think the writing's pretty good for football news. I do watch 3 of the staff members fairly regularly Tuesday nights on NECN's show and have not been overly-impressed. Fred Kirsch is the ulitimate homer, Andy Hart plays the contrarian and Paul Perillo (the voice of reason as much as one exists) plays it sort of down the middle. A lot of it seems contrived ahead of time to me. The Trash Talk segment is well-named. They seem like good enough guys, but it's hardly riveting viewing, at least to me.

I listen to the show on a regular basis. It's on for me from 1pm to 3pm which is before I have to go to work so it's a good time killer. I used to get the paper for a few years but they seem to have subscription problems. I live in Canada and for example, I would only get the issue that would of covered this past Dolphins game on sunday, early next week. I e-mailed the subscription person and the only option was for me to pay for a faster shipping, thanks but no thanks...

Last edited:
I never miss a podcast. I know he isn't a popular guy here...but, when Tom Casale was on the show is was much better. Andy Hart and Paul pretty much carry the show right now. Fred being the boss that eveyone makes fun of. Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just incredible. I like him as a person (seems like a real nice guy) But he is a clueless homer.

But what do I know right.....I like Felger:D

I listen to every podcast and love the show. I takes a little while to get used to as there are many inside jokes you won't get if you haven't been listening for a while.

THIS SHOW IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR HARDCORE FOOTBALL DISCUSSIONS!

They keep it light and they have a nice, diverse set of characters for the show.

Fred is the boss and ultimate homer, he is also the one of the comedians of the show. As Nordberg said, some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just incredible but I think that is part of his act.

Andy is also a jokester but more of the immature "fart joke" type. He has good insight and is much more objective than Fred. He calls it as he sees it.

Paul is more serious than the other two and is very objective. He is also the media whore of the group and appears on "The Big Show" and some other TV/actual radio gigs. He's another who calls it like he sees it.

Finally there is Erik, Erik is the whipping boy of the group and fans of the show. He was pretty sensitive to the verbal beatings he would get but has lightened up. Andy and Fred love to pick on him. Right now Fred is constantly on him about his sweaters.

All-in-all I think it is a great show that is worth a listen. In regards to football, they talk about what emailers send in and almost anything else too. Erik does practice reports towards the end of the show.

If you want a more serious (and boring) football discussion show that is email driven listen to the one after PFW in Progress. John Rook and Erik host that show and they have a lot of football "celebrity" guests who call in.

If you have trouble with the paper getting to you late then you can do the online thing; login to the website using your subscription info and download the paper. I listen to most every show as a podcast, I can't listen live while I'm at work. good stuff for the most part but every once in a while they'll get stuck on a useless argument that I have to fast-forward through. I especially like it when they slip and start to say something that isn't supposed to be public info and have to catch themselves....

Coincidently, I'm another UK listener named Paul. Maybe we could create the Worlds smallest club :D I've listened to the podcasts for years and they're a great listen imo, they go off on tangents and its not just dull radio listening to people breaking down tape etc for 2 hours.

I think they do there best shows during the off season as at the point there is zero UK coverage and most of the other podcasts go to one show a month if that, the boys still do a weekly show which is water to a thirsty man in the desert.

Last edited:
One of the questions posed on last nights show was whether Brady would play for another club before his career ends. To me it was a surprise when all in the studio said he would. Has Tom made any reference to wanting to end his career with another team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes