PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW in Progress -- horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Hart on April 26, 2009 – 6:41 pm -writes...

"Thanks for reading. Hope we made the weekend a little more enjoyable and informative.

By the way, the PFW in Progress Radio Show is getting torn to shreds on the PatsFans.com forum. Guess you can’t please everyone. Hey, at least they are talking about us. If you like us, head on over and defend us. If you hate us, head on over and shred us.
"

Yo Andy et. al.,
Perhaps we're a bit too stridently critical but it might be useful for PFW producers to realize that a segment of the potential listening audience doesn't care for sophomoric off topic in joke humor on and on. And secondly, fixation on one aspect of the draft e.g. Vollmer as developmental to the exclusion of other interesting topics may not be a ratings booster. Just a couple thoughts based on what I read here. I was not listening.

The only 2-3 times I ever heard their show was during the week in 2006 that Casale was using his fiancee's name here as a poster-name to advertise Casale and push an inside the stadium agenda on a public website.

The shows were 2 hours made up of twelve minutes of football talk and an hour forty eight of discussing the Sopranos, American Idol and sandwich condiments. Of course, there were the several snide comments about us (which was the only reason I listened that week - and for which Mr. Casale later threw himself on the ground in apology for us all to pity in this forum). It was brutally boring.

Last edited:
There were some very interesting stories this weekend. For example:

1) Drafting three d-linemen suggests the possibility that the Pats either see a need for depth and/or stocking the cupboard to improve leverage with soon-to-be free agents. I think that drafting a specific run-stopping Wilfork backup is a very smart move.

2) Drafting three o-linemen suggests that the Pats want to increase competition for some of these roster spots.

I don't know how you can hate these guys.

In the UK, you get little information from sources about the NFL.

I was so close to quitting on this game until I started listening to the show. I now know a lot about players ranging from Ray "Bubba" Ventrone to LeKevin Smith.

People moan that they didn't talk football enough.

Yesterday they talked football the whole show and discussed a new Patriot and you guys moaned.

I hope they talk more about Fred's homerism, Paul's Patriot hate, Andy's bowels and Erik's homosexuality so the shows can actually be fun.

You want 2 hours of football, go listen elsewhere. I'll take my hour of Patriots and an hour of laughing at everything else.

Again the show is for us die hard Pats fans, I was dissapointed in it maybee in 2006/2007 when casale was on it, because he was starting to use weei humor into the show, and brought the others down with him some times.. But they have a great , not a good , great beat writer in Paul Perillo, who is getting rewarded for his hard work by apperence on weei.. Andy Hart knows his college stuff, Eric gets ragged on way to much, has been a pleasent addition to the show.. Fred is fred, he is a company man, and does best for the company.. All in all , if your a fan you cant go wrong with the show.. I was worried how the show was going for a while,but glad the idiot who brought the show down is gone.. Its also entertaining, miss Gary though, but that is the sign of the times, and unfortunitly know them well.

I would have to agree. Having met Paul Perillo quite a while ago and seeing where he was to where is now, he's a very respectful person and has become one of the best in the business as a beat writer. On air, he's also extremely informative compared to most of the radio personalities out there. The radio show is very good and is one of the few places out there that you can turn on and be able to listen to informative Patriots discussion whenever you want.

If it's because of the Casale episode a couple of years ago, that's over and done with. Otherwise I don't understand the negativity toward them.

Last edited:
I would have to agree. Having met Paul Perillo quite a while ago and seeing where he was to where is now, he's a very respectful person and has become one of the best in the business as a beat writer. On air, he's also extremely informative compared to most of the radio personalities out there. The radio show is very good and is one of the few places out there that you can turn on and be able to listen to informative Patriots discussion whenever you want.

If it's because of the Casale episode a couple of years ago, that's over and done with. Otherwise I don't understand the negativity toward them.

Very well said Ian.. It doesnt hurt Im the president of the Paul Perillo fan club.. But seriously could not agree with you more..

Did you listen to their show Sunday? I voiced an opinion about that particular show being unlistenable after turning it off halfway through Sunday afternoon. It was horrible.

Did you listen to their show Sunday? I voiced an opinion about that particular show being unlistenable after turning it off halfway through Sunday afternoon. It was horrible.

Draft was pretty rough , and they had alot of dead air to play with.. No fault of thier own..

I haven't listened to it in at least a year. I believe my old quote was it sounded like a bunch of 5th graders had broken into a radio station.

If they've matured incredibly in that time, my humblest apologies.

I'm with RayClay. I storpped listening about this time last year. My recommendation is to get a Sirius internet account and listen to Sirius NFL radio and get some real information and knowledgeable opinions.

Last edited:
I voiced an opinion about that particular show being unlistenable after turning it off halfway through Sunday afternoon..

I know. You're the one who started this thread.

Last edited:
Why people readily equate criticism with knowledge is beyond me...

Um...when did we do THAT? Can we please try to be HONEST in our discussions here? This is a bit silly and an unfair, manipulative twisting of what was posted.

Do you have a disclosure you'd like to make?

That I'm a frequent caller and that I've written a column for the last two months but have felt this way, and POSTED this way, for going on over a decade? How's that? Good?

The only 2-3 times I ever heard their show was during the week in 2006 that Casale was using his fiancee's name here as a poster-name to advertise Casale and push an inside the stadium agenda on a public website.

The shows were 2 hours made up of twelve minutes of football talk and an hour forty eight of discussing the Sopranos, American Idol and sandwich condiments. Of course, there were the several snide comments about us (which was the only reason I listened that week - and for which Mr. Casale later threw himself on the ground in apology for us all to pity in this forum). It was brutally boring.

Well, by all means, base your judgment on "2-3 times I ever heard the show." You don't get to post about this topic with any sense of proportion when that's your opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes