Welcome to PatsFans.com

PFW Blog. Paul talks about Crable at Wednesday OTA

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KDPPatsfan85, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog

Its good to hear that Crable is doing well!!

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. ALP

ALP Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

oh my my my....

my hopes for this guys production in the upcoming year are now VERY high

damn i hope he doesnt dissapoint

3. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,469 / 14 / -5

My response for any positive or negative reports from any minicamp or OTA is a resounding "Meh!".

I hope the positive things about Crable continue into training camp and the preseason, but I am not going to get too excited about any report either way about guys running around in no pads and no contact.

4. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +516 / 2 / -3

I have high hopes for Crable this year, but I agree. If his preseason last year didn't indicate much, his OTAs definitely don't.

Still, better than hearing he's the same old skinny-legs we saw when he was drafted :D

5. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Okay, he's added bulk to his legs but will he able to maintain his agility and speed?
    Dropping into coverage effectively would seem to be a good indication but can anyone testify from personal experience?

6. ALP

ALP Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

and hes dropping into coverage w/ WR's?

TE's and RB's i understand...but WR's? thats just crazy...

and they dont mention anything about pass rushing ability, just coverage ability

7. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

still...I'd rather hear positive reports than a ton of negative ones...

8. Kasmir

Kasmir Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah, the old "muscle bound" myth. A properly designed and supervised weight training program will increase strength, speed, and agility. In particular, you'd expect to see an improvement in "burst", i.e. acceleration from standstill, which is hugely important in football. Might slow him down a bit as a long distance runner because of the extra body mass, but a NFL-level weight training program for someone like Crable should be all positive as a football athlete.

9. TheBaronPatriot

TheBaronPatriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

He's listed @ 243, I wonder what his weight is with his added bulk, maybe 5-10 lbs heavier?

BB would probably not want to share that Crable's added weight.

10. borg

borg In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +272 / 19 / -18

He might even make the game day roster this year........

11. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +238 / 22 / -10

These particular OTAs are called "passing camp". Without pads the only thing they are doing is introducing passing and practicing routes and pass coverage defense.:D

12. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have said it before and I will say it again, this is the guy I will be rooting for to start at the other OLB spot. Also, he has become the most talked about player since Chad Jackson on this board.

13. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, but is there really such a thing as a resounding "Meh"? Sorta defeats the purpose of the meh, doesn't it? :D ;)

14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

On Gasper's video on the Globe blog he also said he thought Crable looked bigger and thicker. I'm not sure why some are poo pooing this, sure it doesn't mean he can play but it's the one thing we all hoped to see from Crable and, evidently, it's being seen. The fact that he's looking bigger is good - the fact that he took the offseason seriously is even better.

15. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

Does everyone here have that same feeling im having about this season? :D:singing: SUPERBOWL!!!! We have to many weapons on Offense and its looking like our defense will be better than last year!!

16. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Since 2003 I've had that Superbowl feeling every season, including last year even after Tommy went down. Pity NY and Favre was unable to take care of business against Miami, or those negative plays in the SD, Indy, and Pit games had been executed correctly, because it was pretty clear the AFCE team with the post-season momentum finished strong against Buffalo and went home.

17. Dirk3601215

Dirk3601215 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

nah, i think last year was just pittsburgs year. we got crushed by them at home so you got to give them some props.

18. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

NE was tied with Pit at halftime despite Moss having a bad case of the dropsies in the end zone. The game didn't get out of control until Slater muffed the KO and Pit recovered, I blame that on the coaches giving him his first KO in those conditions, old mudders like Faulk or Morris should have gotten the call in Hobbs absence - too much pressure on a SoCal rookie. With a lead Pit could get crazy off the edge, they did, the rest was history.

The three teams I listed were all playoff teams NE lost to, but if you looked at the games:
    -- SD, Moss was beaten by Jammer, once in the end zone and once on a deep sideline route that could have put NE in the end zone. People were crying about Cassel's deep ball, but he put the ball in Moss' hands - Jammer's a decent CB, but Moss should have owned him. Get those early scores and the game changes. Recall BB's press conference after he'd watched the tape? BB said the team was competitive, a couple plays go the other way and they're in the game.
    -- Indy, two chances to win, one dropped TD pass and one penalty to kill a drive.
    -- Pit was noted above.

Any one of those games could have come out differently if not for some key mistakes. NE ate Miami's lunch the second time around, that was another playoff team. Look what they did to Arizona. The Cassel-led Pats were playing well at the end of the season despite the loss of key starters, they would have been dangerous in the post-season and Pit was no juggernaut to fear.

19. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It was Pittsburgh's year because they were the only team left standing. They were fortunate that they didn't suffer major injuries besides losing their rookie running back. Had Brady played the entire year, Pittsburgh would have been eventually eliminated by the Pats.

Moss was beaten by Jammer? You mean Jammer was beaten by Moss. Yes, Cassel did struggle with the deep ball last year and also missed a wide open Moss beating Darrelle Revis deep in their loss against the Jets.

That game against Indy was a tough one. Indy was getting outplayed all game long getting run all over by New England's ground game. Had David Thomas kept his cool, the Pats would have drove far enough to tie the game. However, that Jabar Gaffney drop was pretty hard to get over.

In the rematch against Miami was actually pretty close until the fourth quarter. The Pats were letting Miami hang around until Pennington's interception which changed the game.

Now I have to ask, what does this have to do with Crable looking bigger at OTA's? I don't understand how these threads go from one topic like this to how Pittsburgh destroyed New England last year.

Anyways, it's good news that Crable appears stronger which will only help him get a lot of playing time.

20. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 2 / -1

Disable Jersey

Of course, this has nothing to do with Crable getting bigger, but, sir, I have to say that I like your style! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.