PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT's takes on Gramatica's signing and a funny bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new wrinkle in the Broncos-Pats showdown on SNF in September. ;)

If this guy has to wear a ski mask in 37 degree weather, What's he going to do in 37 below wcf?

363839 said:
If this guy has to wear a ski mask in 37 degree weather, What's he going to do in 37 below wcf?

At least he is not like that ***** kicker on the Colts that only wants to kick inside in domes to "prolong" his career.
:eek:

fgssand said:
At least he is not like that ***** kicker on the Colts that only wants to kick inside in domes to "prolong" his career.

You're right. He's not like him. He's not as skilled. I guess this is one case where you really do get what you pay for.

Just watching the Gramatica brothers over the yrs, and now seeing him as a patriots makes me sick. These guys are an absolute joke. No toughness, no clutch ability. Simply put, he is camp fodder. No way BB allows this guy to start the season 4 us. Actually, I take that back. Maybe he does play until we have a rook kicker ready, or some type of situation like that.

re

I'm sorry, but a feud between a punter and a kicker has to be the weakest, funniest rivalry in all of sports.

This cracks me up. I hope those two get in some sort of fake brawl where no one gets hurt because it's impossible for either of them to inflict damage on each other.

holyredeemer said:
Just watching the Gramatica brothers over the yrs, and now seeing him as a patriots makes me sick. These guys are an absolute joke. No toughness, no clutch ability. Simply put, he is camp fodder. No way BB allows this guy to start the season 4 us. Actually, I take that back. Maybe he does play until we have a rook kicker ready, or some type of situation like that.

I'm kind of torn here. I don't know what to make of it. Obviously the prevailing wind on the board says it's a genius move. But he has kicked in an SB and he has 5 game winning kicks to his credit (AV had 20) and he also has the longest kick in NCAA history (65 yards), though it was probably in a meaningless game against Baylor. He has a great leg. The question is whether or not he can get it done in the snow, in a tight game at the last second.

Don't know about "genius" move; but compared to taking a risk ONLY on a rookie; I think it is a good move. You know BB doesnt like to let his game plans rest in rookies hands.

The "FEUD" is a joke. I mean NAME ME A SINGLE TIME WHEN A PUNTER and the OPPOSING TEAMS KICKER ARE ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME????

If they cant ever be on the field together to lay a legal lick on the other; IMO they cant have a legitimate 'FEUD'.

SoonerPatriot said:
You're right. He's not like him. He's not as skilled. I guess this is one case where you really do get what you pay for.
Don't they have to play the games first?

As far as not knowing what to make of it, it seems very obvious to me. For a few years at the top of this decade, he was amongst the highest scoring and most accurate kickers in the NFC. But, as occasionally happens in the NFL, he suffered an injury and lost his effectiveness. To the extent that he was completely out of the league in 05. Now, a team searching for a kicker signs him on for a reduced rate and sees (over the course of the next five months) whether or not he can regain his game. If he does, you get an experienced replacement at an affordable rate. If he doesn't, you keep looking.

To the dismay of many it seems, its WAY too early to proclaim this is a 'hit' or a 'miss'. Until there is something more sturdy than anecdotal evidence, you can't proclaim it as anything but 'Patriots sign K Martin Gramatica'. The rest is nonsensical fan chatter.

holyredeemer said:
He's somebody for the 'soon to be drafted rookie' to compete against. I have a feeling that they've grouped kickers ala Holley's value selection and the next to last one is selected, be it the 4th, 5th or 6th round, they'll trade up to get the last one. Just my $0.02,

Pats67 said:
To the dismay of many it seems, its WAY too early to proclaim this is a 'hit' or a 'miss'. Until there is something more sturdy than anecdotal evidence, you can't proclaim it as anything but 'Patriots sign K Martin Gramatica'. The rest is nonsensical fan chatter.
I agree it is way too early..but I think whether it's one or the other as far as making a difference, it is still a GOOD move to get a vet kicker here.

fgssand said:

ya mean Vinitraitor?

363839 said:

I think that's a very legitimate concern. Many people who have lived all their lives in warm climates are truly frightened of cold weather. Remember Michael Vick at Chicago late last season? The weather beat him before the game even started. He was more concerned about keeping warm on the bench.

maverick4 said:
I'm sorry, but a feud between a punter and a kicker has to be the weakest, funniest rivalry in all of sports.

This cracks me up. I hope those two get in some sort of fake brawl where no one gets hurt because it's impossible for either of them to inflict damage on each other.

Ya mean like professional rasslin'???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back