PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT's Florio predicts Jets won't make the playoffs... Patriots will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sundays in late August are torturous tests of patience and endurance for me. Kontra, I can't friggin' take it much longer. I'm ravenously salivating for some smach mouth footbawl. Oh, but nooooo. I'm stuck with Tiger out of contention on C.B.S., The Little League World Series on A.B.C. (which is cool, but come on now), and god knows what else around the dial.

Kontra, I order you to take up the slack and happily fill up my otherwise empty Sunday feelings and do your best to amuse me over here between the hours of 1 'till 7.

I Thank You,
Pewsterbaby/Brookyln Matt

Just kidding.

The NFL owners are quite willing to jump into this vacuum and supply you with a few more weeks of football that counts.

Jes' observing...

Pewster's obsession with kontra is crossing the line into straight-up creepy.

Oh, yer just jealous. Hey, Kontra's the big cheese 'round here, so who tha heck else am i sasposta befriend? Certainly not that WhatUpBro goon. lol.

This is pretty much what Florio has done for a long time now. Whatever the general consensus is, he'll take the opposite position. It results in a huge debate - which is the whole intent as that is what drives the number of web hits and ad revenue.

It's a brilliant business plan but I would not give most anything he says, such as this, anything more than an indifferent shrug of my shoulders. That applies to anything past, present or future, as well as anything positive or negative about the Pats or any other NFL team.

His comments about the CBA negotiations are well worth reading, but in my opinion just about everything else has become nothing more than a launching pad for trolls that can't wait to disparage a rival.

I wouldn't say there's anything brilliant about it. People have been doing what he does since the days of Gutenberg. His "business plan" is to be controversial which is far from unique of brilliant.

Dare I say he is not the first nor will he be the last. Ten years from now they'll be someone new, just like him, and he will probably be forgotten completely or pushed into the background or total obscurity. It's the circle of life.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say there's anything brilliant about it. People have been doing what he does since the days of Gutenberg. His "business plan" is to be controversial which is far from unique of brilliant.

Dare I say he is not the first nor will he be the last. Ten years from now they'll be someone new, just like him, and he will probably be forgotten completely or pushed into the background or total obscurity. It's the circle of life.
I agree that the concept of being controversial is nothing new, in particular when it is in an attempt to increase the number of your readers, viewers and listeners.

Point I was making is that Florio's column has gone from one that was obscure and read by just a few dozen people to one that was popular enough to be purchased by a major network (NBC) for the purpose of its being their flagship electronic product.

The purpose of a business venture is to turn a profit, and though PFT does not come close to comparing to google, yahoo, amazon or ebay, PFT still has to be considered a big internet success as a viable and profitable business.

This is pretty much what Florio has done for a long time now. Whatever the general consensus is, he'll take the opposite position. It results in a huge debate - which is the whole intent as that is what drives the number of web hits and ad revenue.

It's a brilliant business plan but I would not give most anything he says, such as this, anything more than an indifferent shrug of my shoulders. That applies to anything past, present or future, as well as anything positive or negative about the Pats or any other NFL team.

His comments about the CBA negotiations are well worth reading, but in my opinion just about everything else has become nothing more than a launching pad for trolls that can't wait to disparage a rival.

After watching Sanchez the first 3 games, you really think this is all he is doing? If he doesn't get better fast, I don't think the jets will make the playoffs either. The Ravens are absolutely going to destroy this kid in week one.

After watching Sanchez the first 3 games, you really think this is all he is doing? If he doesn't get better fast, I don't think the jets will make the playoffs either. The Ravens are absolutely going to destroy this kid in week one.

They had better rely on Sanchez's inconsistencies to set in as well as their pass rush. That secondary of their's is pretty suspect right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back