PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: "Write it down" that Pats select Harris with 28th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. How funny would it be if the Jets take David Harris with the 25th pick? I wouldn't be surprised if this happens because when Mangini finds out what players Belichick wants, Mangini will want to take him first.
You nailed it baby. Belichick is the source in his counter espionage misdirection plot :D

That's the funny thing, Belichick could give Reiss the Patriots' exact player rankings to publish before the draft and no-one, including the NFL teams, would believe they were real.

Just can't wait for the draft to be over....less than a week....Whoever BB&SP pick for their 1st round picks I will be excited....All what I have read about Harris he is a keeper....Who at 24:confused: GO PATS!!!:rocker:

You nailed it baby. Belichick is the source in his counter espionage misdirection plot :D

That's the funny thing, Belichick could give Reiss the Patriots' exact player rankings to publish before the draft and no-one, including the NFL teams, would believe they were real.

Brilliant. Maybe he thinks Harris is a great prospect, but has a fatal flaw which isn't easy to see. So he goads the unoriginal Mangina into drafting him. Mangina will think "gee I thought maybe I saw a flaw in this guy but.....nah, can't be". Or maybe it's even more subtle. BB knows Mangina is interested in him but SAYS he (BB) likes him to make Mangina think he doesn't. Kind of reverser psychology.

Remember the old days of the draft, when we picked up the paper on Sunday and Monday and read about a whole bunch of guys very few we knew about. There were a couple of draft pubs some of us bought, but did not mean much. Now everywhere there is a mock or pay for subscription info. This is intriguing, but by Friday we will be all guessed out.. and on Saturday be even more surprised. It is brilliant how they market the NFL and extend the season, something that used to be insignificant in the world of sports is now like christmas in April.

Remember the old days of the draft, when we picked up the paper on Sunday and Monday and read about a whole bunch of guys very few we knew about. There were a couple of draft pubs some of us bought, but did not mean much. Now everywhere there is a mock or pay for subscription info. This is intriguing, but by Friday we will be all guessed out.. and on Saturday be even more surprised. It is brilliant how they market the NFL and extend the season, something that used to be insignificant in the world of sports is now like christmas in April.

It didn't really become "Christmas in April" until Belioli took charge. After all, I don't quite think that Eugene Chung in the 1st round qualifies as a gift. :eek:

If is want we like , we pick up rather than complain about the whole he is 2nd round talent BS.I do not even understand the difference between lower 1st and 2nd now.Yes a little cheaper but in the first round you get him for 5 yrs in a rookie contract to 4 yrs in 2nd.does that not ofset the cost.

Translation: Harris is the one draft pick the Patriots have scratched off their board for some reason.

Maybe, they put it out there so everyone would think we were planning subterfuge, but actually the reverse is true.

See,we really want him, but by saying we do, people think we don't and we end up taking him.

Yes...love the pre draft day rumormill!! Love it.

I don't understand why all these mock drafts have him going in the second, anyways. Harris is rated by most to be the best 3-4 ILB in the entire draft, so he should have late first round value to the 3-4 teams in the draft.

I wish they could somehow get Woodley and Harris or Harris and Spencer.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with Harris at 28. But if this happens, the Pats will probably get a bad draft grade by the "experts" for reaching and then end up giving the pats a great draft grade in retrospect when Harris and the other picks play great! lol

Why can't it just be merely speculation instead of all these conspiracy theories? Just because I say I heard from an inside source close to the New England Patriots that they were to "Draft Jon Beason with their 24th overall pick. Pencil it in, the Pats love 'em." Doesnt mean ****. It's just me speculating. Whether someone states anything doesnt mean he is off the pats board. Thats ridiculous.

Maybe, they put it out there so everyone would think we were planning subterfuge, but actually the reverse is true.

See,we really want him, but by saying we do, people think we don't and we end up taking him.

Yes...love the pre draft day rumormill!! Love it.

I agree with you. BB/Pioli at their best. go Pats:rocker:

Why can't it just be merely speculation instead of all these conspiracy theories? Just because I say I heard from an inside source close to the New England Patriots that they were to "Draft Jon Beason with their 24th overall pick. Pencil it in, the Pats love 'em." Doesnt mean ****. It's just me speculating. Whether someone states anything doesnt mean he is off the pats board. Thats ridiculous.

Well, since the report was based on leauge source who follows the draft closely and not really a member of the patriots organization who might have sent the comment as a "stop being stupid with your mock" type of comment.

The more that I think about this, the more I think it is a ploy. The source seems to indicate that it is at the #28 spot that the Patriots will pick Harris, and not simply "the Patriots will take Harris". Why? The Patriots are hoping the Jets scoop him up at #25 so that they can get the real LB that they want at #28 - Beason or Poz. Just my hunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes