PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Wifork to be fined, not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT - From Source: Wifork Fined, Not suspended

I know you are not a Patriots fan and may not follow the team that closely but you really don't know whose season Pollard end you really can't claim to follow the NFL at all.

The fact that I'm even on this board at all tells you I'm a fan of the NFL. Yes, leading with his helmet into Brady's knee was a dirty hit.

Google's a wonderful thing:rolleyes:

Google's a wonderful thing:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I'm not a Pats fan so I'm not a fan of the NFL. I can't get anything by you guys. I should have used the Wildcat formation.

I'm sorry, I'm not a Pats fan so I'm not a fan of the NFL. I can't get anything by you guys. I should have used the Wildcat formation.

:rolleyes: You claim to be a fan of the NFL when declaring a patriot player is "dirty", then have no idea who Bernard Pollard is. BYE

Bingo. He came down way too hard with Spygate in the first place and that's the precedent he set up; his mishandling caused derision within the league and by hammering the Patriots he set himself up for every team who plays them to come crying to him hoping for equal or even worse punishment everytime. Now every media pundit, suit-happy fan, and losing coach who needs to protect his job will come popping out of the woodwork until GODell finally unpaints the corner he's gotten himself into.

The New Sheriff came into town blasting away, set up all kinds of rules,and now the ramifications of those rules and memos keep coming across his desk and will until the end of his reign. When it comes to the Patriots, there are still plenty of teams,coaches and players out there who still want to see NE fail. BB getting ousted or fired probably remains a dream come true for most if not all of the league.

Goddell never saw all this coming which makes him incompetent, ego-driven, and very short-sighted.

Well put.

:agree::ditto:

Google's a wonderful thing :bye2:

I'm not sure, what has he done? I'm not a Colts fan.

Oh, goodness. Really? Not a KC fan either, obviously.

He effectively ruined the NFL's hopes of repeating record TV ratings.

Leave No Doubt
"My rant:D Anyways I'm happy Big Vince will take the field this Sunday, and I hope he kicks *. Discreetly;) "

DITTO

:rolleyes: You claim to be a fan of the NFL when declaring a patriot player is "dirty", then have no idea who Bernard Pollard is. BYE

Did you have any idea of who he was before TB got hurt?

Did you have any idea of who he was before TB got hurt?

Ah, That's an irrelevant question.

But, go ahead and try to argue or validate it - So, No - I (and most people on this board, along with most people in America) did not know who he was.

Ah, That's an irrelevant question.

But, go ahead and try to argue or validate it - So, No - I (and most people on this board, along with most people in America) did not know who he was.

It IS relevant because I'm being accused of NOT being a fan of the NFL because I did not know who he was. Now the fact that you also did not know who he was makes you not an NFL fan either according to emoney_33.

It IS relevant because I'm being accused of NOT being a fan of the NFL because I did not know who he was. Now the fact that you also did not know who he was makes you not an NFL fan either according to emoney_33.

Dude, Don't you get that NO ONE knew who he was prior to Sept. 7th and that EVERYONE knows who he is now?

Well....Everyone, except you. :)

Go get yourself a T-Shirt -

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1353512/Bernard-Pollard-Fan-Club

Last edited:

I do get it. Hopefully Wilfork will too. I know he wasn't suspended but he should have been. Part of an article from NFL.com....

Wilfork was fined a total of $35,000 last season for four different incidents. They included hits on Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman and Dallas tight end Jason Witten. He also was fined for putting a finger inside the facemask of New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs and grabbing the facemask of San Diego's Michael Turner during the AFC Championship Game.

ahh im glad his fine and not suspended. We need him come this Sunday.

Dude, Don't you get that NO ONE knew who he was prior to Sept. 7th and that EVERYONE knows who he is now?

Well....Everyone, except you. :)

Go get yourself a T-Shirt -

Bernard Pollard Fan Club

It'll be here in 3 business days.

A fine is MUCH preferable to a suspension. I'm glad that Wilfork got his act together and appeared contrite enough to convince Goodell to only levy a fine. It appears that Wilfork 'gets it', so hopefully he will dial it down a bit from now on. There's a line that you shouldn't step over Vince. Stay nasty, but keep it clean, especially after the play is dead. And obviously... stop elbowing the QBs in the head! :D

Nobody outside of KC knew who he was before he shredded Brady's knee. After he did, everyone who knows anything about the NFL knew exactly who he is. The comparison that you're trying to make is irrational on a level that your average fourth grader could probably pick it apart.

Nobody outside of KC knew who he was before he shredded Brady's knee. After he did, everyone who knows anything about the NFL knew exactly who he is. The comparison that you're trying to make is irrational on a level that your average fourth grader could probably pick it apart.

I get it. I now know who he is, as do we all. Move on, nothing to see here.

It'll be here in 3 business days.

Wear it with pride, and pray you never come across a Pats fan while wearing it. Take comfort in the fact that Tommy will be back in September destroying your favorite team, whomever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back