PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT Top 25 in 25 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot lifer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
pft is doing one of those top 25 players in the last 25 years (for those who don't know about it already).

They are totally putting Brady at number one. They haven't yet, but it'll come.

It was nearly impossible for us to whittle out the final two. Though many readers have lobbied for the inclusion of Tom Brady on the list, he hasn't even played in 100 regular-season games. By the time he's done, he very well might be the best quarterback, and possibly the best overall player, ever. But he has yet to do enough, in our opinion, to surpass Aikman, Elway, Favre, Manning, Marino, Montana, or Young.

Not this time, unfortunately.

http://profootballtalk.com/No21Young.htm

now that i glance at the list again, I realize that i don't see Jerry Rice...yet

Last edited:
now that i glance at the list again, I realize that i don't see Jerry Rice...yet

Yup, it's Rice but I'm surprised sweetness was not listed..
To leave TB off the list because he's only been playing for 6 years ( and on the roster for 7) is a disservice.
If he used that criteria for the last 50 years, he wouldn't include Gale Sayers because he only played 68 games.TB played 94 regular season games and 14 post-season.
Florio is dead wrong to not list TB as a top 25 player. To have accomplished as much with the surrounding cast on offense that he has had up to this point, compared to the All-Pro (especially on the O line) that Elway had or the receivers that MArino had ignores the obvious. ....

Last edited:
if you think florio is unbiased, you dont read him often... he ranked elway top 5? elway never really won anything; those last 2 were totally t davis... anyone can make up their list; you'd think florio could at least figure a way to put them on one page... im not sure #12 is #1 right now; but if you look at the teams he won with (particularly the first one), he's way above elway.

Florio really blew it by not including Brady somewhere, I mean come on - THREE TIME champion going on four and more??

Wow....:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye