PFT:Thomas signing has "uneasy" quality to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
POSTED 9:59 p.m. EST; UPDATED 10:10 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007
THOMAS DEAL COMING?
John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have struck a "preliminary deal" with free-agent linebacker Adalius Thomas.
But we sense a certain uneasy quality about the report, and it lacks the same unequivocal feel that most reports of player signings posses. If that makes any sense.
We're not saying it won't happen. But, for now, we're not completely convinced that it will.

THOMAS DEAL COMING?
John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have struck a "preliminary deal" with free-agent linebacker Adalius Thomas.
But we sense a certain uneasy quality about the report, and it lacks the same unequivocal feel that most reports of player signings posses. If that makes any sense.

We're not saying it won't happen. But, for now, we're not completely convinced that it will.

WTF....everyone trying to pee in our Cheerios.

THOMAS DEAL COMING?

Sooner, could you please let us know WHOM you are quoting? It would be much appreciated if you attributed. Your post means absolutely nothing without you informing us WHO is making that statement. I.E. "WE" could be Bill Polian for all we know. Thank you.

Bella* - it's just a reality check. Nothing is complete until the ink is on the paper.

(Please let the ink get on the paper soon! real soon!)

Last edited:
Bella* - it's just a reality check. Nothing is complete until the ink is on the paper.

(Please let the ink get on the paper soon! real soon!)

I know you're right....but the whole "uneasy" thing. That's an individual perception and an unnecessary one, IMO. Even the blurb admits it kind of doesn't make sense.

I wish this would become official so we can all breathe easier.

Last edited:

You said it Bella*chick. I opened patsfans this a.m. expecting to see unbridled happiness for at least a few hours and what to my astonished eyes appears but this thead, the Thomas' age thread, the Samuels (sic) is pissed thread; where's the joy??

It's in the thread title. PFT stands for profootballtalk.com, commonly cited here as such. Sorry for the confusion.

Sooner, could you please let us know WHOM you are quoting? It would be much appreciated if you attributed. Your post means absolutely nothing without you informing us WHO is making that statement. I.E. "WE" could be Bill Polian for all we know. Thank you.

If somehow this deal falls through after all of this hype and he takes a few more dollars to go to SF he will go from getting the key to the city to the most hated man in NE the quickest since A-Rod. :bricks:

Fans only have themselves to blame
Obviously, none here have ever worked on a farm

Just went on to the Herald website and Tomase is syaing its a deal in principle now. Supposedly the announcement will come later today/tonight.

If somehow this deal falls through after all of this hype and he takes a few more dollars to go to SF he will go from getting the key to the city to the most hated man in NE the quickest since A-Rod. :bricks:
Yeah but the A-Rod bull**** was dragged out for so long. This has only been a day.

Everyone is saying the same thing. Thomas is coming in today for a physical and it will be finalized after that.

This is a done deal. Stop second guessing. I'm going to buy an Adalius Thomas Jersey.

Uneasy..............

Actually, I get quite the opposite impression. I expected a "war" over his services and right from the jump, NE has seemed to be pushing this one through. Sure, SF is also being named as a contender, but to me, that is ringing hollow for some reason.

I'll feel better once pen has been put to paper but........ This thing has the feel that A.D. REALLY had made up his mind and he WANTED to be a Patriot, and the 2 sides are hammering out the details. I think the deal will be done, primarily because both sides WANT it to be done. That is the feeling I get.

.... and really, that makes a lot of sense for him. The Patriots are probably the one team that could utilize ALL of his skill and maximize his potential. oh yeah, AND CONTEND FOR A SB year in, year out.

Last edited:
I opened patsfans this a.m. expecting to see unbridled happiness for at least a few hours and what to my astonished eyes appears but this thead, the Thomas' age thread, the Samuels (sic) is pissed thread; where's the joy??
Ha ha. Look where you are. You came to the wrong place for optimism. Some terminal doom-and-gloomer is already complaining about Thomas's age. Adalius Thomas's image will be chipped away at over the off season, until when he plays in preeason and misses a tackle, we will all remember with fondness the glorius TBC, and catigate BB for not re-signing him and settlling with Thomas. Thomas will then be a chump until the day he leaves the team, at which time he will be the greatest ever. Don't you pay attention?

Said only half in jest...

Uneasy = wiggle room for PFT! Typical mediaronics.

PFT usually gets all types of sources from teams like the Raiders and 49ers, but did you expect the Patriots to leak this type of stuff out to PFT? All it means is that Florio has heard it from one of his sources, only from Tomase/Reiss.

You said it Bella*chick. I opened patsfans this a.m. expecting to see unbridled happiness for at least a few hours and what to my astonished eyes appears but this thead, the Thomas' age thread, the Samuels (sic) is pissed thread; where's the joy??
Remember you're probably dealing with a lot of Red Sox fans here... :rolleyes:

Exactly, there is a local loser mentality embodied in Red Sox fandom that Pats fans from outside the area cannot fathom. It's spread to the Patriots forums by baseball fans attempting to understand football but unable to comprehend just how totally different the Patriots management philosophy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back