PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: TFB could be the GOAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady wins this year he is at a tight tie with Joe Montana

If he wins one more after this year then the debate will be over and he is the GOAT without a doubt.

as of right now Montana has my vote but that can change soon.

If he gets his fourth SB ring could you not use his 5th SB appearance as a Tie Breaker?

IMO its simple there are two contexts to consider. Stats and Titles. Tom has the TD Record and Stats that show he is one of the most efficient of all time and he is one ring shy of tying the most by a QB.
So if he gets that fourth ring he will be the best combo of Stats and Titles around (you could argue he already owns this distinction but no questions will be had when he equals the 4 rings).

If he wins his fourth this year all that will remain for his GOAT distinction will be to fend off Manning (Manning cant keep winning rings or could catch up) and to push his greatness to unreachable levels.

If we win this year then he could really crush this debate because with the draft we have this offseason it is not crazy to think that he could win a couple more after this season.

Last edited:
I believe this is the year Tom separated himself from Manning. Hey, Manning is a first ballot HOF and one of the best QB in NFL history. Tom is just plain better. Plus, looking the list of receivers Tom has played with over his career vs Manning.

If Brady intends to play in the NFL into his early forties (I wonder if he will still be with New England), he must have a solid running game and defense. Especially, the former... Give him a young, consistent and productive running back, and a formidable offensive line and viable wide receivers. And these combined factors can help prolong his career.

If he does somehow manage to play out his entire career with New England, he would've been a Patriot longer than Steve Grogan. That is to say, if Brady retires at age forty, forty-one or forty-two or whenever. But I wonder how much does a change to an eighteen-game season affect Brady's decision to play into his forties. I mean it's easy to believe you can play that long when you're young and reasonably healthy.

I wouldn't want to see Brady become another star player who struggled to call it quits like Rice and Favre.

If Brady intends to play in the NFL into his early forties (I wonder if he will still be with New England), he must have a solid running game and defense.

I know Brady's heart is speaking for him over his head. NO way he should or will play into his forties. The kid has many other things to work on, accomplish when football is over.

Mr. President, I'm speaking to you :)

Last edited:
I know Brady's heart is speaking for him over his head. NO way he should or will play into his forties. The kid has many other things to work on, accomplish when football is over.

Mr. President, I'm speaking to you :)

I think it will be his body before his mind says so. No question that TB loves the notoriety, the glam, the cash and the cache of it all. It is also currency for his business endeavors (EGG, Lifewater, etc.)

However as we all know, deep down he is a competitive SOB. He needs the wars to fight every single day. Hes said he'll play as long as he can and I don't doubt him for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes