PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Taping Practices Is Nothing New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...Goodell is and always will be the problem here. he is happy to havee this be a patriot problem and not a league problem.

Goodell imo has no clue what he is doing.

For an example of how bad he is mucking this up: Take a look at his NBA counter part David Stern and you will see a commish who was able to quickly end his controversy of the NBA ref shaving points. That scandal should have been much worse than this but Stern handled it better and was able to put it to bed.

Good point.

Yes...Goodell is and always will be the problem here. he is happy to havee this be a patriot problem and not a league problem.

Goodell imo has no clue what he is doing.

For an example of how bad he is mucking this up: Take a look at his NBA counter part David Stern and you will see a commish who was able to quickly end his controversy of the NBA ref shaving points. That scandal should have been much worse than this but Stern handled it better and was able to put it to bed.

Great point - except if the media had an axe to grind against Stern, then they would have floated a little story behind it..words to the effect "sources indicate that a certain GM and prominent player may have known about this and could have been part of a larger cover up".

Then you would see it get going all right.

10 months too late Florio.

He knew that this was league-wide but insisted on ignoring that on purpose to make it a bigger story. He obviously wanted it as controversial and slimey as possible so he made more money off people visiting his site.

Now that it's dying down, he's pretending to discover it's league-wide in attempt to now change the way it's looked at.

Not to mention that he would constantly refer to it as "cheating", which appeared to be done just to irritate pats fans.

Someone with that Job should know:
A.) Its not cheating
B.) It was done league-wide

Last edited:
The annoying thing is Goodell prolly could have quited this down with a simple statement that would both Allow him to be the tough sherriff and take some heat of the story. only problem is it would put a little heat on the NFL (but it would be true).

All Goodell would have had to say and he could have done it in september or in late January when the story got revisted.

He should have said something to this affect. We have punished the patriots for breaking the rules. They have done something that in the past was done by alot of other people no need to mention who, but we are trying to end this practice and the patriots were warned and consider the penalty a warning to all other teams that this will no longer be a part of the NFL.

This allows him to be the hard ass he wants to be and makes it seem like a league problem and not just a patriot thing.

OK . . . what gives? Did the Patriots kidnap Florio and get Albert Breer to fill in for him? :D

Seriously, though, I'm glad that some of the mediots are finally starting to see the light.

This is the result of me and Pats1 constantly sending Florio and other reporters links to the numerous articles that have documented just how many other teams have been implicated.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77891

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77876

Say what you will about Florio - he DOES read his emails and if there's new (or in this case old) information there he'll bring it to light and his columns DO get the attention of the NFL as a whole (unlike more local reporters)

Last edited:
I think Belichick should win 2 or 3 more rings, retire concurrently with Brady and publish a Canseco-like account of everything going on in the sport. He probably knows and has worked with more current and past coaches in the sport than anyone else.I bet he has thousands of stories.

This is the result of me and Pats1 constantly sending Florio and other reporters links to the numerous articles that have documented just how many other teams have been implicated.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77891

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77876

Say what you will about Florio - he DOES read his emails and if there's new (or in this case old) information there he'll bring it to light and his columns DO get the attention of the NFL as a whole (unlike more local reporters)

I thought is was because of the emails I was sending to him ;)
Whatever, just glad to see he is finally waking up to the fact this was not just a "Patriots" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes