Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:35 p.m. EST, March 5, 2006

TALKS RESUME AT 8:30 EST

A league source tells us that talks between the NFL and the NFLPA will resume at 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday.

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Actually, we're hearing that the owner of one of the high-revenue teams is mucking up the efforts to strike a deal that will work for the union, the league, the low-revenue clubs, and the big-money clubs.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Maybe they were just hungry
LMAO, when they said that talks broke off I almost asked if they were breaking for dinner.

So thats it then. PFT reports talks to resume. Definitely that means the deal is dead and no one is talking.

BelichickFan said:
LMAO, when they said that talks broke off I almost asked if they were breaking for dinner.

Same here. Of course, everything has to be dramaticized!

Upshaw leaves meeting.

Upshaw talks to media: "We need a miracle here."

Upshaw walks around the corner, starts chuckling.

Upshaw enters restaurant, sits down and shares a few beers with Bud Selig.

Upshaw: "Now don't you love what we have going on here? Just one more round of play, plllleeeasse!!"

Upshaw, on cell phone: "...tell the media that, uh, the NFL is full of greedy bastards who won't budge."

Selig, on cell phone: "...telll the media that, uh, the NFLPA is full of greedy bastards who won't budge."

Both chuckle.

Upshaw: "Now let's go back and tell them we're getting close again."

EDIT: Did I just say Bud Selig?

Wow.

:bricks:

I'm too lazy to correct it with Tagliabue.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:35 p.m. EST, March 5, 2006

TALKS RESUME AT 8:30 EST

A league source tells us that talks between the NFL and the NFLPA will resume at 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday.

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Actually, we're hearing that the owner of one of the high-revenue teams is mucking up the efforts to strike a deal that will work for the union, the league, the low-revenue clubs, and the big-money clubs.

Stay tuned.

HAHA, the best lines of the day! These guys should get the Oscar for the most drawn out, but we're workin' on it drama of the year......Sheesh, enough already, JUST DO IT!

It's after 8:30 and Mortenson is on ESPNews right now. If the negotiations resumed at 8:30 Mort doesn't know about it.

There's a part of me that just wishes to see TBu and Unkeen Gene go down in flames with a non-agreement..even thoough it will change the NFL forever.
Maybe it's the overdramatic moves..the drawn out longevity of it....

They just updated saying talks broke off again.

Last edited:
workhorse said:
They just updated saying takes broke off again.

But the waiver deadline was extened to 11:30.

But Mort says that the NFL can do that without the players agreeing. When the waivers must be submitted is a league administrative matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes