PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning run

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 10:35 p.m. EDT, July 27, 2006
SULLIVAN SUCKS . . . WIND

A league source tells us that Pats defensive tackle Johnathan "Burger and Fries" Sullivan was on the ground and virtually in convulsions after completing only a handful of gassers as part of the annual conditioning test imposed by New England coach Bill Belichick.

As a result, Sullivan has landed on the physically unable to perform list, and likely will remain there until he shows that he's in adequate shape.

The sixth overall pick in the 2003 draft, Sullivan was acquired by the Pats in June, via trade from New Orleans. He was arrested in Georgia within a few weeks thereafter.

Last edited:
Re: PFT: Sullivan virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning run

What a disgrace.

big_spliff.jpg

Re: PFT: Sullivan in convulsions after conditioning run

pats1 said:

What does BB do to these guys? :p

Well, hopefully he will be alright and eventually gets his stuff together. He's got a long way to go. We are all going to have to be patient with Sullivan. He didn't come from a very good NFL program. I'm not making excuses, just stating facts. I doubt highly that Haslett had a conditioning run before training camp.

"He must unlearn what he has learned".

Last edited:
Re: PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning

Am I the only one with visions of Private Pyle, pants down, donut in mouth, while the rest of the unit does push-ups?

Re: PFT: Sullivan in convulsions after conditioning run

DefenseRules said:
What does BB do to these guys? :p

Well, hopefully he will be alright and eventually gets his stuff together. He's got a long way to go. We are all going to have to be patient with Sullivan. He didn't come from a very good NFL program. I'm not making excuses, just stating facts. I doubt highly that Haslett had a conditioning run before training camp.

"He must unlearn what he has learned".

Totally agree hope he's all right.
Would like to be patient but as BB has said in the past "The train is moving,Don't have time to wait".
It'll be interesting to see how much effort he'll be willing to give.
I wouldn't be totally shocked if he retires!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sad piece of human flesh getting paid all that money and can not complete a conditioning run. He has no problems running to the bank to collect to the paycheck.

I wonder who this "league source" was that leaked this information to the media. BB is not going to be happy about this, IMO. He has never revealed the players who failed the conditioning test. I don't think that the media is allowed to watch the conditioning test.

DefenseRules said:
I wonder who this "league source" was that leaked this information to the media. BB is not going to be happy about this, IMO. He has never revealed the players who failed the conditioning test. I don't think that the media is allowed to watch the conditioning test.

My sources report the media followed a trail of cream cheese splatter on the field,to jonathon Sullivans locker and then onto the PUP:rocker:
Sorry,cheap joke.
While BB would never leak this stuff,If it was as described It would have been an ugly scene,that few could overlook.

HAMMERMILL said:
My sources report the media followed a trail of cream cheese splatter on the field,to jonathon Sullivans locker and then onto the PUP:rocker:
Sorry,cheap joke.
While BB would never leak this stuff,If it was as described It would have been an ugly scene,that few could overlook.

Good point.:)

Re: PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning

What is involved in a conditioning run?

tombonneau said:
Am I the only one with visions of Private Pyle, pants down, donut in mouth, while the rest of the unit does push-ups?

I am now having those visions, too...
Terrific movie. I'm glad my Drill Instructors didn't do that (or worse) to me during my 13 weeks of heaven at Parris Island.
Frankly, I would have been shocked if Sully had passed.
Here comes another vision...Sully waives bye-bye...

drew4008 said:
What a disgrace.

What a surprise.

Actually, this might be considered a positive sign. We all knew he was doomed to fail. But to run until you puke - that at least shows some intestinal fortitude.

Perhaps there might be some fight in that dog after all.

Or perhaps not. This will be an interesting story, assuming he makes it out of camp.

R

edgecy said:
What is involved in a conditioning run?

It's a series of sprints with a limited recovery time between them. I don't know the length/number/time. I assume that it is set differently for different positions.

Still an amazingly crude measure for a sophisticated outfit to use, in my opnion, but part of it is obviously the "boot camp", send-a-message-about-pushing-oneself-to-one's-limits psychology.

DefenseRules said:

Oh, it's the PFT rumor mill.:rolleyes: Although this may be true, I think I'll wait for a non-fiction source for corroboration.

Ever since BB has been here and the conditioning run has been part of the opening day activities, there has never been any news as specific as this. Thus I have to wonder about the credibility, not defending Sullivan, however to be this specific about any part of the conditioning run makes me skeptical.

njpatsfan said:
Actually, this might be considered a positive sign. We all knew he was doomed to fail. But to run until you puke - that at least shows some intestinal fortitude.

Perhaps there might be some fight in that dog after all.

Or perhaps not. This will be an interesting story, assuming he makes it out of camp.

R

well said and true.
i agree.

but if i have to be honest it looks quite negative (from the beginning...).

anyway: let's hope

Last edited by a moderator:

It's very possible that BB wanted the info leaked as a way to motivate Sullivan. A page out of Parcell's book?

Julius said:
It's very possible that BB wanted the info leaked as a way to motivate Sullivan. A page out of Parcell's book?

Good thought but totally against his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes