PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Samuel said to be "a done deal" in New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pft: Samuel Said To Be A "done Deal" In New Orleans

He plays better in zone.

I think he would tear **** up if he were playing for a cover two team, but cover two corners are a dime a dozen (one of the advantages to playing that defense).

No doubt he's going to get burned a few times unless the Saints seriously upgrade their pass rush and actually blitz every once in a while, I can't tell you how many times I just saw their LBs standing there in zone last season while their line was getting handled. They need massive help at MLB, and DT.

Still Asante on his worst day is 2000X better than Jason David on his best.

Samuel on the Saints? That suits me fine.
Now that the Saints have cemented corner, that makes them an even better target for a trade down.

Get their #10 pick and an extra 3rd. The Saints will probably draft a big DL like Dorsey or Ellis. Then the Pats still get their stud CB at #10. And then they can move up in the 2nd for a guy like Goff to shore up the inside LB spot.

Good, I'm sick of this saga. Thanks 22, don't let the door his you in the Asante on the way out.

That's good!!!Thanks for the laugh.....We'll be ok....

I wonder how "supercop Goodell" as this move certainly compromised the "integrity" of the hallowed game.

Last edited:
I wonder how "supercop Goodell" as this move certainly compromised the "integrity" of the hallowed game.
it's just a rumor, aka lecharles bentley to the eagles being a done deal, when in fact it was just to drive up his price, by his agent, from the browns

it's just a rumor, aka lecharles bentley to the eagles being a done deal, when in fact it was just to drive up his price, by his agent, from the browns

Right - it's just a rumor at the moment, but shouldn't the NFL investigate it? After all, if it goes on all the time and everyone knows it, there's probably some meat to this story.

I heard the same thing. Asante' will most likely leave.............. SO! Just like Deion and Lawyer, he too will regret it next season as he watches the PATS in the PLAYOFFS and out that 4th ring on! GO PATS!

All I can say is good luck to the Saints and their salary cap. Talk is 10 to 11 mil a year with a 30 mil guarantee. Asante is a "nice" player but not a top corner and he'll have little impact in ugrading the Saints defense. Asante will never make anyone forget Champ Bailey. Good move by the Patriots to move on. In the salary cap era you don't pay top dollar for "nice" players.

OK, let me get this straight:

There are some types of cheating that you can do w/o penalty.

Other types of cheating, which likely have less of an effect on a team's success can get you severely penalized, if enough media members make a big deal about it.

It's kind of like the tree falling in the woods. Unless the NY media choose to make an issue out of it, it's not cheating. Got it.

I would be happy if he doesn't end up in our own division.

Problem with him going to N. O. and not the Eagles is that

it probably kills any chance of getting Lito Sheppard in a

trade.

Good. Beat it showboat.

Bye Bye, Asante.

Not to sound like a unappreciative fan, but.......YOU SHOULD CAUGHT THAT DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good riddance and welcome to life outside the Pats, hope it works out as well for you as all the other FA's that have left for greener pastures.

I'm sure you can't wait to pull the "...have I showed you my SB ring?", line on a group that will be impressed.

Good. Now it's virtually assured he will never come back to bite our ass.

You're sig is sooooo priceless!!!
64971.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill