Status
Not open for further replies.

dtbrks

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone see this?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"PATS NOT EXPECTED TO LET DILLON WALK

Amid all of the talk over the past couple of days regarding the looming release of running back Corey Dillon, has anyone else noticed that one key aspect of the relationship has been conspicuously quiet?

The Patriots, to be specific.

So until the team that holds Dillon's rights says that it's going to let him walk away with nothing in return (and potentially sign with the Jets or the Bills, if they move Willis McGahee), we aren't buying any of it.

And several league insiders agree. "Bill Belichick isn't going to let him just leave," said one source on Saturday.

Stay tuned.

It's repeatedly been stated in various legitimate papers that the Pats have agreed to release him, so...

It's repeatedly been stated in various legitimate papers that the Pats have agreed to release him, so...

and the papers have never been wrong right. could the agent be trying to force the patriots hand by saying that the pats have agreed in turn making them look bad if they don't?

and the papers have never been wrong right. could the agent be trying to force the patriots hand by saying that the pats have agreed in turn making them look bad if they don't?

Not nearly as often as pfffffftrumormill. So we should believe the source that's almost always wrong over the sources that are almost always right?

Sounds logical to me.

Last edited:
Not nearly as often as pfffffftrumormill. So we should believe the source that's almost always wrong over the sources that are almost always right?

Sounds logical to me.

no you should go with the one that satisfy's your own needs. PFT says corey may not be gone yet and that sounds good to me.

but seriously I think corey is gone but the PFT thing makes you say hmm

Rumor doesn't become news
until Reiss sez so.

He will have to make a settlement with the team and I would not be suprised that BB makes some kind of deal to keep him out of the east.

hate to see him walk,love to watch him run!!!!!

Anyone see this?

If you go up to a random NFL person and say: "Do you think BB will let one of his players walk away from his contract?" the answer, of course, is no.

If you ask that same person: "Do you think BB will cut Dillon if his upcoming bonus is larger than his value to the team?" the answer will be yes.

The guy who wrote this was probably ignorant of the terms of Dillon's contract, and asked the wrong question.

If Dillon was worth the bonus he is due, there is absolutely no question that the Pats would keep him.

Sounds logical to me.

RUMORMILL not a major newspaper reporting something, so thats shocking that they might be wrong sometimes because its a rumormill. its not like PFT is trying to be a major source they repeatedly admit that they just report rumors, and are not always right:rocker:

A far as the Bills or the Jests signing Dillon, all I can say is, please be my guest! Dillon's finished as any kind of significant contributor, plus he's apparently got in his mind he needs a certain number of carries so it follows the that signs him will have the albatross around their neck of having to live up to promise of letting a rapidly aging RB lug the ball more than he should be. Buffalo? Dillon in place of McGahee, are you kidding? Dillon would be like a ten fathom anchor on that offense and pull it right to the bottom - I can only hope for such things!

NYJ? No way, Mangina might have plenty of respect for Corey but he needs a young power back, not another Barlow in the making. Dillon may present the idea he's got a grudge to settle with the Pats for not giving him the rock enough but a player's dream world is not the place a successful personnel pro resides.

Cleveland, yes. Raiders, oh yes. The Pats are going to cut the dude, deal or no deal!:singing:

RUMORMILL not a major newspaper reporting something, so thats shocking that they might be wrong sometimes because its a rumormill. its not like PFT is trying to be a major source they repeatedly admit that they just report rumors, and are not always right:rocker:

I agree. That's why I believe Reiss over them. Is there a point I'm missing here?

I agree. That's why I believe Reiss over them. Is there a point I'm missing here?

plus there's lots of misinformation about chad jackson's injury. first it was an achilles then it was an acl

A far as the Bills or the Jests signing Dillon, all I can say is, please be my guest! Dillon's finished as any kind of significant contributor, plus he's apparently got in his mind he needs a certain number of carries so it follows the that signs him will have the albatross around their neck of having to live up to promise of letting a rapidly aging RB lug the ball more than he should be. Buffalo? Dillon in place of McGahee, are you kidding? Dillon would be like a ten fathom anchor on that offense and pull it right to the bottom - I can only hope for such things!

NYJ? No way, Mangina might have plenty of respect for Corey but he needs a young power back, not another Barlow in the making. Dillon may present the idea he's got a grudge to settle with the Pats for not giving him the rock enough but a player's dream world is not the place a successful personnel pro resides.

Cleveland, yes. Raiders, oh yes. The Pats are going to cut the dude, deal or no deal!:singing:

exactly , there's no way they should be afraid if facing him. afterall he'll be decent in the first quarter and won't see him for the 2nd or 3rd.

Nice insights w.r.t the reaction of other teams to Dillion. But I think he will want to go out after putting in a commendable performance especially considering that he can move up in the record books. That, and given the fact that he is no slouch, might interest Mangina if he think he will not be able to find a suitable one this year. Let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back