PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Polian Has A Hidden Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
POLIAN HAS A HIDDEN AGENDA?

We noted recently an apparent overlap in the representation of kicker Adam Vinatieri during his negotiations with the Colts. It seems to us that Gary Uberstine initiated contact with Indy while Vinatieri was still being represented by Neil Cornrich's firm.

The smoking gun came from the mouth of Colts president Bill Polian, who admitted to hearing from Uberstine last week on at least two Boston-area radio appearances.

But then it occurred to us. What in the hell is Polian doing on New England radio talking about how he pilfered the Pats placekicker?

Dude, you got the guy. Move on. Don't rub it in the old team's face or contribute to the stirring up of their already agitated fan base.

And then it occurred to us. Perhaps Polian thinks he should be a potential candidate to replace Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, which could be prompting Polian to do what he can to inject his name into the media at a time when the pool of possibilities is being assembled.

Who knows? Maybe Polian decided to ink Vinatieri this week due in part to the bump that Polian's Q rating within league circles might enjoy.

Is it odd to think that? If so, it ain't much odder than the G.M. of a team who just signed a player taking time out of his schedule to talk to the media in the player's old city, especially with the draft coming up and free agency still in full bloom.

Last edited:
Polian is an absolute piece of waste. I hope he gets hit by a train.

Jacky Roberts said:

You sure are a pleasant person.

Jacky Roberts said:

I'll have to agree with you there.

well

Well it wouldn't surprise me! I mean he can't get the dolts to win the SB any other way--so why not just take over the NFL. If this happend though, it would be a dark day for the league. With that said---i don't see anyway it happens!

Up until recently I forgot Polian was with the Jills during their run in the 90s. Kind of funny considering he couldn't get them over the hump and well, we all know what happens to the Colts come playoff time. Couldn't happen to a nicer POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes