PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: PATS - Jest rivalry will still be juicy even w/Fredo in Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sure BB's buddy Jimmy Johnson will be pulling for us to beat up on Buddy's son.

ProFootballTalk.com - JETS-PATS RIVALRY WILL STILL BE JUICY

Moreover, and as a reader points out, new Jets coach Rex Ryan had some choice words for the Patriots when Spygate hit the fan in September 2007.

“I’m not sure sports are supposed to be about who can cheat the best,” Ryan told Peter King of SI.com. “I should be worrying about how to beat a team, not spending hours figuring out how to disguise what I’m doing. I hope this gets us back to football the way it should be.”

They’re cute when they’re naive, aren’t they?

Look, if anyone realizes that stuff like what the Patriots were doing was commonplace in the NFL, it’s the son of a long-time assistant coach and head coach, whose antics allegedly included issuing bounties on opposing players.

Then there’s the fact that Ryan’s brother, Rob, worked for the Pats from 2000 through 2003.

So Rex Ryan knows how things have worked in the NFL. And his decision to play the phony holier-than-thou card in 2007 is surely something that wasn’t missed by the folks in New England.

Florio rules.

Wasn't even aware he had said that. Oh well. Welcome to the division, fatboy!

Anyone want to place any bets as to who the next head coach of the Jest will be in 2011?

oh, nice going little Ryan. As if there was another need to pi$$ BB off when it comes to the Jests.

I bet he's really looking forward to beatdowns next year, welcome to the AFC East "Rexorcist."

-Sincerely Patriot Nation

Wasn't Florida eating that spy gate **** up a year ago?

oh, nice going little Ryan. As if there was another need to pi$$ BB off when it comes to the Jests.

I wonder if his having said that is what got him the job.

I never liked the Jets or any NY team for that matter. Growing up in NE its hard to root for a NY team.
Growing up I hated Shula and the Fish so Buffalo is the only team I cam stomach a little in our division.
Anyone remember when Shula was on the Rules committee and gee what a coincidence; they were the least pentilzed team every year.

Ryan's coaching epitaph will read: "Loose cannon coach crammed down throat of idiot GM by meddlesome know-nothing owner"

Jets have one of the worst salary cap situations in the league and a huge mess at QB. Probably not a good time for fatboy Rex to be talking trash.

Its only a rivalry if both teams win. The Jets suck!

I hope that the ol' hillbilly Favre now decides he wants to play another year... just because it'll make a mess of their salary cap. :D

quote "I hope that the ol' hillbilly Favre now decides he wants to play another year... just because it'll make a mess of their salary cap."

Can we really come back AGAIN and play one more year. What is his motive?
He can't really believe he will win the SB. We can only hope he does.

It isn't a rivalry when one team has won 14 of the last 17 games. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes