PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: "Pats Go Too Far, Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less who hates us. So if the Pats kicked FGs instead of TDs at the end there, the score would have been 48-10 it. Is that better? The fans of other teams are jealous -- that's why they're on our message board and not their own -- where they should be.

Peyton Florio is whining again? Got some quick advice for him.
Close your eyes when the Patriots are on. :D

My email to Florio:

You call yourselves PRO Football Talk?? Quit whining about the Patriots running up the score, bad karma and all that nonsense. This is PRO football, not Jr. Pee Wee. There’s no “mercy rule”. Why shouldn’t these PROS strive for record breaking seasons and personal accomplishments?

Think back to a few short years ago.

2004 Colts.

Nov – Dec

W, 49-14 Texas

W, 41-10 Bears

W, 41-9 Lions

W, 51-24 Titans

Did anyone accuse them of “running up the score?” Just the opposite, they were hailed for their greatness. Objectivity, try it some time.

The groan of disapproval from the crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium was barely audible over the comments of NBC's Al Michaels and John Madden, who seemed to see no problem with the maneuver.

We did, and we do.

You can kiss the pats ass just like everyone else. Michaels and Madden had it on the money. It's not the offence's job to stop, it's the D that has to stop them. If the Bills D wasn't up to the job, thats just tough sh!t.

We'll post you a box of tissues, is that ok?

F*ckwits.

Here's a question for you Florio....Should Hobbs have picked up that fumble and just handed it back to the Bills because the score was so high? "Here you go JP, you can get a do-over here"!!! Would that make everyone feel better?

I enjoy the "lamentation of da wimmen" sung by fans of the league's dysfunctional and diseased franchises. Kill...Crush...Destroy...

Can someone send Florio a crying towel for Christmas?

Looking back at a previous post who had some of those huge blowouts by the Colts back in '04, I don't remember "running up the score" ever coming up in my mind or anyone else's. I remember thinking "Damn, the Colts are one dominant football team that can score at will."

Way to be a commie Florio

Two thoughts:

1 - Any Buffalo fan or any fan of an opponent we have demolished who whines, chants or complains about us "running up the score" is truly pathetic. I don't see how any self-respecting fan can complain about that. You truly have to be a loser if you are going to watch your team get destroyed and whine that the other team tried too hard.

2 - The Pats pulled off the pedal a little last nite. Brady didn't even play in the 4th quarter. That could have been a 70-10 game quite easily, and frankly, if it weren't for Belichick's respect for Jauron, it likely would have been.

If the NFL decides to make the Patriots games, the "flex games", one should expect the Patriots to "flex".

Two thoughts:

1 - Any Buffalo fan or any fan of an opponent we have demolished who whines, chants or complains about us "running up the score" is truly pathetic. I don't see how any self-respecting fan can complain about that. You truly have to be a loser if you are going to watch your team get destroyed and whine that the other team tried too hard.

2 - The Pats pulled off the pedal a little last nite. Brady didn't even play in the 4th quarter. That could have been a 70-10 game quite easily, and frankly, if it weren't for Belichick's respect for Jauron, it likely would have been.

We are saving the 70-10 game for Miami

It's running up the score in the 3rd quarter now. Soon it will be the 2nd quarter, and eventually the pats should just not play their starters for the entire game. What amazes me the most is how the pats managed to NOT score with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I think it was harder to NOT score than it was to score.

That's probably correct!

BTW, I made similar comments to my wife during the game.

How come the only people that get respect points are the ones that agree with you? Doesn't make sense to me, just because someone disagrees makes them an idiot? The simple fact is that image in your signature signifies that you will never respect me simply because of the team I root for.

Why should anyone respect a loud-mouth welching scumbag like yourself, Aqua? You have to EARN respect. That's a concept you seem to not understand.

You are an idiot because of how you run your mouth and how you don't know a 1000th of what you claim.

As for the fact you root for the Dolphins, for me that has no bearing. You earned your place by running your trap.

Wow an honest Chargers fan on the 'running up the score' BS! You win respect points for that one.

I give him points for his siggy pic!

I'm so sick of this ****. It's NOT OUR JOB to make teams feel good by keeping a game close.

The defense gets paid something like $50 million dollars a year to stop offenses. Don't want us to score? Do your job and stop us.

It's not our job to cuddle the other teams and tickle their balls so they can sleep easy at night. The league has somehow turned into the *****-league.

Honestly, I agree 100%! Even if we make more opposing teams young fans cry than any team in history, who really gives a crap? If their parents don't want to see them cry, then they should make them turn off the game before the score gets that bad.

I'm not being funny here, I'm dead serious. I keep seeing children crying in the stands every week as captured by the television cameras. Do I feel bad about it?

NOPE!

I also think it's purposeful on the part of the networks. I'm sure it's a directive to add to the ever building "Good vs. Evil" story.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
How come the only people that get respect points are the ones that agree with you? Doesn't make sense to me, just because someone disagrees makes them an idiot? The simple fact is that image in your signature signifies that you will never respect me simply because of the team I root for.

The only respect you will ever earn around here is by contributing to the level of intelligence at this website. By criticizing Pats fans like you have been as of late every time one of these threads comes up, you are being a troll.

We don't respect trolls. Nobody does.

Obviously you haven't read much of what I've writen here. I've hated the Pats nearly as much as I love the Dolphins since early this decade. Does spygate and running it up make it even stronger? Sure, it's a great reason to hate them.

So I'd say your argument would be correct, but only to a certain point. I've always hated the team, the stuff this year didn't validate anything, I was sure of my hate. All it did was add to it.

Too bad even John Madden said the Pats aren't running up the score. You're such a ****** Travis.

Gotta love your excuses.

My email to Florio:

You call yourselves PRO Football Talk?? Quit whining about the Patriots running up the score, bad karma and all that nonsense. This is PRO football, not Jr. Pee Wee. There’s no “mercy rule”. Why shouldn’t these PROS strive for record breaking seasons and personal accomplishments?

Think back to a few short years ago.

2004 Colts.

Nov – Dec

W, 49-14 Texas

W, 41-10 Bears

W, 41-9 Lions

W, 51-24 Titans

Did anyone accuse them of “running up the score?” Just the opposite, they were hailed for their greatness. Objectivity, try it some time.

That is an EXCELLENT email! I'm copying those stats into my own email to him!

Last edited:
I would just remind PFT that it is "Football" played by professionals not "T Ball" played by 6 year olds.

Agree w/most here, I'd add 2 things..........

1) The fans in Buffalo with their "disapproval." I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd be booing another team for continuing to try. Just pack it in if you do that. Even when I was in college and my team was getting killed I'd have too much pride for that.

2) Where did the Pats punt from, the 30? Anybody know the record for the best field position to punt from? Maybe they'll punt from the 20 next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes