PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: "Pats Go Too Far, Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the email I just sent Florio. Let's see if he responds.

---
I don't mean this facetiously, but since you're convinced that the Pats shouldn't be doing what they are doing, why not say what they should be doing?

If you're going to continue to make that argument, you have a responsibility to suggest an alternative.

And one other thing--are you sure that this isn't the karma the league (not just Roger Goodell, but all the people who piled on) earned as a result of their behavior?
---

You made two points in your email. He will respond just like everyone else does when faced with two questions - only answer the easier one.

He'll respond to the 3rd paragraph there, and completely ignore the first two. Guaran-freaking-teed.

My apologies if these have been asked/answered already, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Does Florio do all the writing at PFT, or are there multiple writers? I've noticed that everytime the author of an article there wants to express their opinion, they say "we think", as if to say that there are a group of people that feel the exact same way.

2. Did PFT call out the Packers last week for "running up the score"? Under six minutes left in the game and up 27-0 at home, Favre was still on the field and threw another TD pass to make it 34-0 before they finally put in Rodgers, who threw on two of his first four plays with less than four minutes remaining.

I 100% agree with you man. I am so tired of all this whinning from all the non-Patriots fans and idiot "experts". This is freaking Pro Football, these guys play to win and try to score. WTF are they suppose to do, take a knee in the 2nd quater??? Oh we are up by 5 TDs in the first half, we don't need to play anymore. Does anyone think that would be ****ty for the people in the stadium if Patriots start sending in their backups in the 3rd? This is not ******* pre-season!!!!!!

Well I am a "non-Patriots fan" and i'm not whining. Sheeeiiiit...run up the score on my Chargers and I won't complain. (BTW pats are my 3rd fav team) I hate to even call it "running up the score". It's called playing the game. The object is to win. When you play monopoly you don't give the other guy some properties so it can be close. Who doesn't want to win anything with a massacre? If you can kill 'em...do it! People who complain about it are just frustrated at their team. F 'em!

Well I am a "non-Patriots fan" and i'm not whining. Sheeeiiiit...run up the score on my Chargers and I won't complain. (BTW pats are my 3rd fav team) I hate to even call it "running up the score". It's called playing the game. The object is to win. When you play monopoly you don't give the other guy some properties so it can be close. Who doesn't want to win anything with a massacre? If you can kill 'em...do it! People who complain about it are just frustrated at their team. F 'em!

Wow an honest Chargers fan on the 'running up the score' BS! You win respect points for that one.

Wow an honest Chargers fan on the 'running up the score' BS! You win respect points for that one.

How come the only people that get respect points are the ones that agree with you? Doesn't make sense to me, just because someone disagrees makes them an idiot? The simple fact is that image in your signature signifies that you will never respect me simply because of the team I root for.

Last edited:
Belichick likes **** Jauron. If the idiots think we're running up the score now, wait till we play the Jests.

R

Anyone remember this play?

4-1-BUF 31 (3:57) (Punt formation) PENALTY on NE-38-K.Eckel, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 31 - No Play.

This was in the fourth quarter (3:57 remaining), with the Patriots up 56-10. Instead of gambling on fourth down, or sending Gostkowski out for a 49-yard field goal attempt which, if made, would have set a team record for points in a game, the punting unit was on the field.

The next play, Hanson punted it through the endzone... didn't even look like he was attempting to pin the ball deep.

I wonder why PFT didn't mention any of this. :rolleyes:

How come the only people that get respect points are the ones that agree with you? Doesn't make sense to me, just because someone disagrees makes them an idiot? The simple fact is that image in your signature signifies that you will never respect me simply because of the team I root for.

Do you feel "Diss'd" here Aqua?:rolleyes:

It's because you're one of those people who feel justified in hating the Patriots for the spygate incident even though they were penalized and the issue resolved. You use that fact as the FALSE basis of your disdain for the Patriots even though many, many other teams have committed similar violations (like the Dolphins). Then you saw how much the Patriots have dominated the league and you see stories on how they shouldn't be running it up and BINGO!...you have another false fact to add to the justification of your hatred.

The bottom line is that every fan like you just LOVES to hear and read media articles that criticize the Patriots because it VALIDATES your hatred for them and actually makes you feel RIGHTEOUS in your hatred.

To sum all this up in a way you can understand, here is what has happened to you:

-You were sick of the Patriots beating the Dolphins every year
-You hated that the Patriots have 3 Super Bowl rings and the Dolphins have none
-You saw all the talent the Patriots got in the off season and that pissed you off even more because we stole Welker from your team
-The stage was now set. Your hatred was boiling, but you couldn't blame it on anything but your own jealousy and you couldn't admit to that.

Then...SPYGATE!!! and you said YESSS!!! Now I have a legitimate reason for hating the Patriots! Then you saw the media criticizing the Patriots for running up the score and you felt even more RIGHTEOUS in your hatred.
Add in a couple of fines (that most teams commit) for various violations and there you are Aqua4Ever!!
You now feel you can prove your hatred is just and right.

But oh, wait a minute, you already hated the Patriots before all this even started!!

Don't feel bad though, there are millions just like you!

Last edited:
It's because you're one of those people who feel justified in hating the Patriots for the spygate incident even though they were penalized and the issue resolved. You use that fact as the FALSE basis of your disdain for the Patriots even though many, many other teams have committed similar violations (like the Dolphins). Then you saw how much the Patriots have dominated the league and you see stories on how they shouldn't be running it up and BINGO!...you have another false fact to add to the justification of your hatred.

The bottom line is that every fan like you just LOVES to hear and read media articles that criticize the Patriots because it VALIDATES your hatred for them and actually makes you feel RIGHTEOUS in your hatred.

To sum all this up in a way you can understand what has happened to you, here it is:

You're sick of the Patriots beating the Dolphins every year
You hate that the Patriots have 3 Super Bowl rings and the Dolphins have none
You saw all the talent the Patriots got in the off season and that pissed you off even more because we stole Welker from your team
The stage was now set. Your hatred was boiling, but you couldn't blame it on anything but your own jealousy.

Then...SPYGATE!!! and you said YESSS!!! Now I have a legitimate reason for hating the Patriots! Then you saw the media criticizing the Patriots for running up the score and you felt even more RIGHTEOUS in your hatred.
Add in a couple of fines for various violations and there you are Aqua4Ever!!
You now feel you can prove your hatred is just and right.

But oh, wait a minute, you already hated the Patriots before all this even started!!

Don't feel bad though, there are millions just like you!

Obviously you haven't read much of what I've writen here. I've hated the Pats nearly as much as I love the Dolphins since early this decade. Does spygate and running it up make it even stronger? Sure, it's a great reason to hate them.

So I'd say your argument would be correct, but only to a certain point. I've always hated the team, the stuff this year didn't validate anything, I was sure of my hate. All it did was add to it.

Obviously you haven't read much of what I've writen here. I've hated the Pats nearly as much as I love the Dolphins since early this decade. Does spygate and running it up make it even stronger? Sure, it's a great reason to hate them.

So I'd say your argument would be correct, but only to a certain point. I've always hated the team, the stuff this year didn't validate anything, I was sure of my hate. All it did was add to it.

But before you could never feel righteous about your hatred. but now you actually feel it is in fact righteous and just...just like millions of other fans across the country.

But the truth is, it is neither. It is just the same hatred for the same reasons you already had.

But before you could never feel righteous about your hatred. but now you actually feel it is in fact righteous and just...just like millions of other fans across the country.

But the truth is, it is neither. It is just the same hatred for the same reasons you already had.

I think you're wrong and I know I'm right because it's my feelings. Don't associate me with mainstream America because I couldn't be further off. Trust me, I know PLENTY of people that claim to "hate" the Pats and I'd say it's genuine for about 5% of them.

It's a division rival thing man, that's where it all started. Take my age into account, I'm 20 so who would I hate the most? The Bills, Jets or Pats?

Dolphins fans that are 25 and younger hate the Pats, 26-35 hate the Bills and older then that hate the Jets.

I think you're wrong and I know I'm right because it's my feelings. Don't associate me with mainstream America because I couldn't be further off. Trust me, I know PLENTY of people that claim to "hate" the Pats and I'd say it's genuine for about 5% of them.

It's a division rival thing man, that's where it all started. Take my age into account, I'm 20 so who would I hate the most? The Bills, Jets or Pats?

Dolphins fans that are 25 and younger hate the Pats, 26-35 hate the Bills and older then that hate the Jets.

I'm 48 and no longer hate the Dolphins. So it's not really a divisional rivalry thing. It is definately based more upon which rival has beaten your team the most and worst over the most recent period. Since you're 20, that makes perfect sense.

But if you can't admit that spygate and the media attention on running up the score has made you feel more justified in your feelings, then you aren't being honest with yourself.

I'm 48 and no longer hate the Dolphins. So it's not really a divisional rivalry thing. It is definately based more upon which rival has beaten your team the most and worst over the most recent period. Since you're 20, that makes perfect sense.

But if you can't admit that spygate and the media attention on running up the score has made you feel more justified in your feelings, then you aren't being honest with yourself.

To each his own, don't tell me who I like and dislike. Of course you're over your hate for the Dolphins, they're bad, there's nothing for you to root against.

Again, not more justified, just more inclined to hate them even more. That may work for people who are new to hating the Pats, but I've been doing this for a while now.

To each his own, don't tell me who I like and dislike. Of course you're over your hate for the Dolphins, they're bad, there's nothing for you to root against.

Again, not more justified, just more inclined to hate them even more. That may work for people who are new to hating the Pats, but I've been doing this for a while now.

You just proved my point! You said, "of course you don't hate the Dolphins, they're bad, there's nothing to root against" Which means you hate the Patriots because they're good and have beaten your team a lot since 2001. By your own logic, if the Patriots were bad, "there'd be nothing to root against". So you proved to me it's not really a divisional thing with you. That is your logic, not mine.

But it shouldn't make you hate them more unless it would make you hate the Seahawks had they been caught doing the same thing. You cant claim it made you hate them even more, unless you feel it is justified and thus MORE justified.

If it didn't make you feel more justified, then it wouldn't cause you to hate them "even more". That's just the way EVERYONE'S emotions work Aqua. You can't be any different.

Last edited:
The bad news is everybody hates us.

The good news is we don't give a ****.

PFnV

I still hate the Dullpins...and it's too bad that Dan won't get his ring,too

Did they accuse Sayers, Dub Jones, and Ernie Nevers teams of running up the score when they got their 6 td's?

I'm so sick of this ****. It's NOT OUR JOB to make teams feel good by keeping a game close.

The defense gets paid something like $50 million dollars a year to stop offenses. Don't want us to score? Do your job and stop us.

It's not our job to cuddle the other teams and tickle their balls so they can sleep easy at night. The league has somehow turned into the *****-league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes