PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: "Pats Go Too Far, Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioPatsFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Okay, so normally I'm a fan of Florio and his website. I find he has the best sources and tends to break news before anybody else. Also during the off-season, this site is updated more fequently then any other. But this recent 'rumor' or post or whatever you want to call it is pure opinion. I'm sick of this "running up the score" bull****.

Would the Patriots have been ready for the Colts if they had sent in the reserves in the 2nd quarter of every game during the first half of the season? Would they have been ready mentally and physically for that game if they had been in pre-season mode through the first 8 weeks? Give me a break, as has been said multiple times on this site so far, there's no crying in football and the defense of the Bills is paid millions of dollars to stop the Pats offense. They should be ashamed of themselves, not the Patriots.

Anyway, I think the booze is starting to talk more right now. Here's to the Pats running the table.

Last edited:
yeah he talks about karma...... like the pats are going to pay for this.

this IS karma.
This is what happens when you rob a team or their first round draft pick for doing something that every nfl team does.

Everyone pays.

What "HACK" job. Florio can go to HELL. :rolleyes:

I 100% agree with you man. I am so tired of all this whinning from all the non-Patriots fans and idiot "experts". This is freaking Pro Football, these guys play to win and try to score. WTF are they suppose to do, take a knee in the 2nd quater??? Oh we are up by 5 TDs in the first half, we don't need to play anymore. Does anyone think that would be ****ty for the people in the stadium if Patriots start sending in their backups in the 3rd? This is not ******* pre-season!!!!!!

Florio has a "feeling" that the Patriots won't win it all. What a fact-based site.

yeah he talks about karma...... like the pats are going to pay for this.

this IS karma.
This is what happens when you rob a team or their first round draft pick for doing something that every nfl team does.

Everyone pays.

Good point man. I never even thought about it that way!

Dont you guys know that the media just likes to try and make stories up, just to try and get attention. I wouldn't pay attention to them, and I am sure you guys could care less what they think.:cool:

I have a problem with the announcers analysis with this "running up the score" nonsense. When your in the endzone territory, not kicking a field goal, and going for it instead, thats not running up the score. The opposing team can still stop them. What are they suppose to do punt so the opposition might "feel better" about themselves?

It just shows how people can ignore logic and just say things based on pre-conceived notions, without any thought.

It's running up the score in the 3rd quarter now. Soon it will be the 2nd quarter, and eventually the pats should just not play their starters for the entire game. What amazes me the most is how the pats managed to NOT score with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I think it was harder to NOT score than it was to score.

The going for it on 4th down stuff is so stupid, it's getting quite annoying. A field goal is ONLY GOOD FOR POINTS WHEN YOU NEED POINTS. When you don't need points you need time off the clock and field position. Going for it on fourth down is not only the best option, it's the smart option.

Me and my brother said it right when they went for it, "and there's another running up the score article". lol. I'm waiting for someone to say the DEFENSE is running up the score too. Then for someone to suggest the defense just LET the other team drive and score when up by so much.

If we don't play for 60 minutes we can't expect to play for 60 minutes when we need to (like I dunno against the COLTS).

And of course no team ever takes out their starters when they are DOWN by a lot against us, but we have to stop trying, not them? BUNCH OF SISSIES!

I have no f--king problem with karma. Will we pay one day? Probably. You know what? I don't care....

Last edited:
This from the site trying to raise a stink because Viniateri was dinged up and the Colts didn't report it on their injury report. EVERYONE is dinged up this time of year.:rolleyes:

Then a little while later he's stinking on the refs in the Balt-Cleve game for using replay...one problem-they didn't.

He once was pretty good but now I think he just makes stuff up for hits.

I agree with your gripe man, after the last drive of the third quarter, me and my buddies who watch these games religiously laughed our asses off of how much better this team is than any other in the league right now.

Coming from three guys who have the entire Pats team on our fantasy team with a lucrative pot, we were all rooting for Brady (who is my QB, BTW) to not even play the fourth quarter, have Evans and Eckel run it out, and 2nd and 3rd string QBs to just "run the offense."

I'm happy as a Pats fan at our "class," even if I was rooting for Randy to get 5 TDs.

I think we played this one pretty fair. I mean, he TB and company played like 3 quarters. What else can they do?

Can we just get a sticky for one big merged thread for all the whining from opposing team fans and the "experts"?

This is the email I just sent Florio. Let's see if he responds.

I don't mean this facetiously, but since you're convinced that the Pats shouldn't be doing what they are doing, why not say what they should be doing?

If you're going to continue to make that argument, you have a responsibility to suggest an alternative.

And one other thing--are you sure that this isn't the karma the league (not just Roger Goodell, but all the people who piled on) earned as a result of their behavior?

I emailed him, too. He's such a tool. Pandering to the other 31 teams...:mad:

Last edited:
I have no f--king problem with karma. Will we pay one day? Probably. You know what? I don't care....

I agree with the previous poster.
This *is* karma.

I have to admit, the thought of playing Green Bay in the SB has given me the willies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes