PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT:Patriots have to be puckering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Florio is a ******* clown.

What is funny about this isn't the fact that its the Jets (which is funny in its own right), but you would have seen roughly the same articles if it were the Ravens coming to Foxboro. I guess the logic is that the team that played the best in the conference (and the league) is deathly afraid of teams they know they can beat. :bricks:

The logic is even worse. In that world games are always and only decided by mind games and the likes. So the emotional distress caused to one team during one particular game in the season is the focal point of one entire season. Team A won the Superbowl because after losing in Week X to especially hated team Y made them stop just tinkering around and they decided enough is enough and they finally took the whole playing football thing serious and won out.

By that logic I´d turn up at the Pats facilities tomorrow and tell them I want to play QB for them during the playoffs. They would laugh at me and sent me home, I´d feel humiliated and then come back the next day and use the humiliation to get me really fired up and prove them wrong. That´s why I will be starting for the Pats as QB this sunday.

So they trot this 45-3 game out for the Jets until they get eliminated from the playoffs, then everyone will forget about it and just see the Jets as the average team they were the whole season. In the end only one team can win the Superbowl and for all the other teams the "focal point game theory" has not worked out. For them their "focal point" was just another game that proved they were not goo enough.

"Of course, the Jets have a bad habit of talking too much, and there’s a decent chance they’ll squander the moral high ground by talking tough and otherwise riling up a Patriots team that otherwise has to be thinking that there’s no guarantee that they’ll do in January what they managed to do in December".

the moral highground ? what is florio smokin' ? lets start with the former head coach of the jets. wasn't he a member of the pats while they were taping from the sideline ? wasn't the head of video for the jets the head of video for the pats while they were taping from the sideline. has any other team's coaches ever lined up on the sideline and tried to knee an opposing player on a return ? is there another team's head coach who tries to pimp his wife out on the internet ? what moral high ground is this freak talking about ? i need to find it.

I dont think we should be so ****y... just because we are at home, is not a lock that we will trounce the jets.. Now granted i rather play the jets then the ravens, but the jets could run the ball, im still holding out hope LT will crap the bed again... but we will see ,

I dont get the jets whining about trash talkin, they were the ones doing it... If we dont win the super bowl this year so be it, but i really dont want to spend the whole special season reflecting on the last game a loss to the hated jets...

if you need extra motivation in the playoffs you don't have heart in the first place.

Happens all the time. Teams that win on wild card weekend are suddenly chic picks to advance.

The problem is that 78% of those team who emerge on WC Weekend don't advance to the conference championship. It's the few who have made it (see Jets last year) that make the world think it's their birthright to advance.

Last edited:
I never understood why it's the ***whooping team's responsibility to stop themselves from embarrassing another PROFESSIONAL team. The Jets do have a defense, and as I recall, their coach had proclaimed them to be the best in the NFL, so they should be embarassed...and it's their own damn fault.

As for this coming game, it'll be closer, but all the deficiencies that were exploited by the Pats the first time around are still there, the only thing I would think would stop the Pats is turnovers and/or a bunch of drops.

As more and more articles were being posted on the internet yesterday in regards to the Jets beating the Colts....the one thing I found laughable is that they were trying to paint a picture of the Jets won because of Mark Sanchez's play....

And I thought....."WTF?????"

The Jets won INSPITE of Mark Sanchez.

He was throwing the ball so badly that the Jets had to go to abandon the passing game almost completely!!

Everyone watching that game KNEW the Jets were going to have to run the ball to have ANY chance to win that game...Including the Colts...And the Colts couldn't stop anything!!

I hope Rex and Sanchez read into this all week and allow Sanchez to throw the ball against us...it is going to turn out very badly for the Jets if they do.

As more and more articles were being posted on the internet yesterday in regards to the Jets beating the Colts....the one thing I found laughable is that they were trying to paint a picture of the Jets won because of Mark Sanchez's play....

He was throwing the ball so badly that the Jets had to go to abandon the passing game almost completely!!

Everyone watching that game KNEW the Jets were going to have to run the ball to have ANY chance to win that game...Including the Colts...And the Colts couldn't stop anything!!

I hope Rex and Sanchez read into this all week and allow Sanchez to throw the ball against us...it is going to turn out very badly for the Jets if they do.

The numbers back you up.

Anything less hes < 50%- especially on 3rd down. Hes brutal.

Anything 10+ yards hes a 60% comp passer. Thats why hes had some success in the 2 minute drill.

The numbers back you up.

Anything 10+ yards hes a 60% comp passer. Thats why hes had some success in the 2 minute drill.

Anything 10 yards and over gives his receivers a little more time to adjust to his ball, ergo, he completes more passes.

Last edited:

If it wasn't for Cromartie's kickoff return, the Jets would have never won the game in the end.

Anything 10 yards and over gives his recievers a little more time to adjust to his ball, ergo, he completes more passes.

Accuracy is a part of it no question but it also means he has more time to go through his progressions, make sight adjustments at the LoC, check-downs, IE he has more time to process information. Typical of a young QB.

I am on record as saying Mark Sanchez will be a solid QB in this league. I think he is getting there TBH. But in terms of having the ability to manipulate the defense, make quick decisions and essentially carry an offense (not just by passing but get them out of bad plays into good ones) for an entire game, he is simply not there.

The numbers back you up.

From everything I could read in the past 24 hours about that game....my one reaction has been:

"Were we watching the same game??"

Everyone in the world could see that Mark Sanchez was crumbing under the pressure in the 4th quarter. He overthrew BADLY on 3 consecutive throws...tried to throw a 90 mph fastball to a guy 6 yards away on another and on the last play that went for 18 yards....good God, that was a terrible throw that they were lucky to have completed. It was a softer-throw (coaching suggestion that Sanchez "stop trying to throw it 100 mph?) that required a 6'4' receiver to jump 4 feet off the ground against a CB that was on the practice squad until a few weeks ago?

Seriously. Mark Sanchez was awful down the stretch. The Colts were even worse.

If it wasn't for Cromartie's kickoff return, the Jets would have never won the game in the end.

Honestly, I was impressed with Cromartie's speed once he got a lane to run through...But just before that kickoff...I was yelling "pooch kick it!!"

If I recall correctly, the previous KO to Cromartie was also an excellent return for the Jets....I was thinking that they should have kicked it away from him.

If he is returning kicks against us, I am a little concerned with how fast he gets up to full speed.

What is funny about this isn't the fact that its the Jets (which is funny in its own right), but you would have seen roughly the same articles if it were the Ravens coming to Foxboro. I guess the logic is that the team that played the best in the conference (and the league) is deathly afraid of teams they know they can beat. :bricks:

That is what I don't understand, people say Jets will come to play ok but what will we do? Play with our feet?

Florio is a Jets fan, and he has been for years. Not really reporting on this one here. Just blabbering on..... you can find the same thing on Gang Greeen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes