Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
I can't believe I agree with Florio's reasonings....but I think he makes some sensible picks .
Patriots: #17 Watts
#28 Reed
2011 mock draft, take two | ProFootballTalk

Wow! Reed at #28! I like Reed, but 28th seems a bit high. If Quinn falls to #11, I would be on the phone with Houston. #28 & #33 or #17 & #60 would equal #11 in value. Imagine getting Quinn and still having #28 & #33 or #17!

If that fails I like Watt at 17. But if Carimi fell to the mid 20's I would look to move up. Seattle has no 3rd rounder and could be a nice trading partner. 33 & 92 for to Seattle for the 25th. Pick up Carimi at #25 and then take Pouncy at #28. Watt, Carimi and Pouncy by the end of the first day. I almost wouldnt care what happened after that.

Does Reed fit the Pats mold for a OLB? I was under the impression he was undersized for scheme.

Does Reed fit the Pats mold for a OLB? I was under the impression he was undersized for scheme.

Two thoughts on this.

1.) Yes at 6.2.4 and 263 pounds, Reed should have enough size to set a hard edge on running plays and has enough speed to play well in coverage, provided he scored well on the 3 cone drill. I currently have Reed as the second most sudden OLB prospect (behind Miller, but in front of Quinn and Sherald) in this draft.

2.)For all that explosion, where was the performance on the field? I watch tape and I see a guy that does not have voilent hands and doesn't make a lot of plays.

I do think Ponder will (rightfully) go in the first. But not as high as 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes