PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Merriman's $187k Mercedes stolen, torched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am a troll. I'm tired of pretending. All these years following the Pats have been a farce and this is the perfect moment to come clean. :rolleyes:

Exactly what is "against the norm" in this thread? Like everyone else in this thread, except for Mr. Do-It-For-Randy, I think it's funny as **** that Merriman lost his ride.

I don't know. Sorry if I misinterprited your tone.

He is right, though. If it was Tony Dungy getting an award for charity work, I wouldn't have been able to go to a sports site without seeing 3 different articles praising him.

Yes, I am a troll. I'm tired of pretending. All these years following the Pats have been a farce and this is the perfect moment to come clean. :rolleyes:

Exactly what is "against the norm" in this thread? Like everyone else in this thread, except for Mr. Do-It-For-Randy, I think it's funny as **** that Merriman lost his ride.

The first step to recovery is admitting your faults. You're on your way, Troll.

Good luck!!!

I don't know. Sorry if I misinterprited your tone.

He is right, though. If it was Tony Dungy getting an award for charity work, I wouldn't have been able to go to a sports site without seeing 3 different articles praising him.

Tell you right now, If Dungy did win an award, it wouldn't be on PFT. You'd see it in the local newpapers, the team's web sites and message boards and that's basically it. PFT and sites like that don't waste their time on soft news, but don't tell that to Do-it-For-Randy.

The first step to recovery is admitting your faults. You're on your way, Troll.

Good luck!!!

Guess you become a fan at just the right time, huh?

Cool, Bro.

Do It For Randy thanks you!

Changed my mind, but I did ask if he has any news on the Matt Walsh/Arlen Specter dealio. I'm thinking he should post something soon. Something that will make us hate the media more than we already do. They are so anti-Patriots, I tell ya.

Changed my mind, but I did ask if he has any news on the Matt Walsh/Arlen Specter dealio. I'm thinking he should post something soon. Something that will make us hate the media more than we already do. They are so anti-Patriots, I tell ya.

Do you honestly believe the media is Pro, or even Neutral on the Patriots? Come on, man.

For example, last week or the week before on Sportscenter they showed BB and Urban Meyer at a UF basketball game. Whoever that douche on SC these days says "Here's Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots sitting together...I would make a video taping joke, but I am above such humor."

It's little crap like that that bugs me, because it's not even that outlandish and obvious of an insult. It's stuff like that which leads to seeds of doubt being planted and everyone thinking the whole Spygate thing was done by one team EVER.

I can understand the hate from Marshall Faulk or Tom Jackson. But it's just sickening to see everyone else piling on, and to still be talking about it in mid March is horrid.

Last edited:
Guess you become a fan at just the right time, huh?

Just in time to see them Suck, loose to the Bears in a Super Bowl, Suck worse, Loose the Packers in a Super Bowl, get lost in mediocrity, rise from the ashes and win three super bowls.

I was at the Snow Plow game, albeit 11 years old, with my Pop who had season tickets when Schaefer stadium opened and even watched them play at Fennway.

So yea, Dude...Just the right time.

Rethink it and send the e-mail. You can make a difference (little more for you to antagonize and provoke me with).

Uh oh. See, this is the kind of stuff that'll piss a guy off, get him motivated and ready to play. He's gonna spend the rest of the offseason working his ass off, and when it's all said and done hell come into next season with a dance number that is more vicious and unstoppable than ever before.

Uh oh. See, this is the kind of stuff that'll piss a guy off, get him motivated and ready to play. He's gonna spend the rest of the offseason working his ass off, and when it's all said and done hell come into next season with a dance number that is more vicious and unstoppable than ever before.

You mean maybe he won't let MJD knock the crap out of him again this year? :D

There goes his premium. Gonna have to buckle down and get his Pro Bowl bonus.

I have as much loathing for Merriman's attitude as anyone else here, but come on. The situation is simple: someone stole a car, and torched it. That someone I hope is caught and convicted and made to pay for their crime.

I have as much loathing for Merriman's attitude as anyone else here, but come on. The situation is simple: someone stole a car, and torched it. That someone I hope is caught and convicted and made to pay for their crime.

Well we should all be outraged at this type of behavior. Merriman was fully insured. That means all of our insurance rates go up because of lowlifes that vandalize people's property.

Unlikely - they keep talking about it being a $187k car...which means it was probably an SL65 with wheels and crap (the only Benzes that fall into that price range are the 65 series, SL convertible, CL coupe, and S sedan)...first and foremost, that car was worth $110k the day he drove it off the lot, SL65's (and CL, S 65's) have the highest depreciation rate outside Bentleys among highline/exotics. Moreover, anyone who stole such a car would HAVE to be an insider. You need an infrared key matched to the car - and it can't be gotten like in Gone in 60 Seconds, you need title, drivers' license, etc showing proof of ownership to get a key, and trust me, that car cannot be hotwired, period. Inside job, and probably an insurance job because he got tired of it, wanted to trade it, realized he was almost $100k upside down, but fully insured. Why do you think they took the "reusable" stuff like wheels/tires but nothing else and then burned it? Car parts (esp. for that) are worth a lot more than wheels and tires. If someone is caught, it'll probably be one of Roidie's buddy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes