PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT - LJ on the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct, they wouldn't be taken to task for saying this because it is obvious, the problem is that Johnson didn't say anything like what you wrote.

No, he said his problem was being told to do something by a white guy, a patently racist remark that you seem to be attempting to gloss over.

What's so hard to understand is why you are seeming to be an apologist for LJ, he's got enough of those, he doesn't need you. :rolleyes:

Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation.

I hope the Pats would have no interest in LJ.

The Cheifs wouldn't give him up for cheap, and the Pats have no need to get another feature back.

And what's the context? He's talking about their PERSONAL lives, not what goes on on the football field. Read the quote again. You actually think that, as a football player, he doesn't want to take orders from the football coach?!!

Who cares the context? It is still racist. Ok, let put into context. Johnson said he and other black players hate when non-African American coaches tell them what to do in their personal life, but it is ok for African American coaches to do it. Now we are clear, we are in context.

It is still a racist and offensive comment. You not being able to see it makes me wonder about you.

Again, if Peyton Manning said that white players hate when non-white coaches tell them how to lead their personal lives, it would end his endorsement career and potential his football career. Rush Limbaugh was fired from ESPN for saying much less. You're splitting hairs. No matter the context, it is a racist comment.

If he said there were cultural difference and people not from his background (which probably includes most of the black coaches in the NFL), don't understand where he is coming from then it wouldn't be racism. When he starts basically saying that no one other than African Americans can comment to him how to live his life, it becomes racism. I can't believe you can't see that.

Here is the definition of racism from Dictionary.com:

rac·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

he's been arrested several times for beating up women, we don't need him

Who cares the context? It is still racist. Ok, let put into context. Johnson said he and other black players hate when non-African American coaches tell them what to do in their personal life, but it is ok for African American coaches to do it. Now we are clear, we are in context.

It is still a racist and offensive comment. You not being able to see it makes me wonder about you.

You're wrong. If you and I both agree on the context, then obviously, a black guy who can relate to the personal experiences of other blacks is much more able to give proper guidance. If I'm a soldier, and I'm deploying to Iraq, I think i'd rather be lead by the sargent who has been there before and knows the terrain, rather than the weteared rookie on his first mission. It makes perfect sense and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with racism. If he was referring to taking orders on the football field with that quote, then I'd have a problem.

Don't worry about me, worry about your reasoning.

Last edited:
You're wrong. If you and I both agree on the context, then obviously, a black guy who can relate to the personal experiences of other blacks is much more able to give proper guidance. If I'm a soldier, and I'm deploying to Iraq, I think i'd rather be lead by the sargent who has been there before and knows the terrain, rather than the weteared rookie on his first mission. It makes perfect sense and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with racism. If he was referring to taking orders on the football field with that quote, then I'd have a problem.

your in full spin mode.anybody who said what lj said is a racist but you keep spinning .it has everything to do with racism .

Wow! Simply wow! You really are making yourself look moronic. Stay with the issue at hand. The following comment is racist:

"The one thing we hate is to have somebody who is not African-American come in and say, 'You've got to do this,'"

I don't care about the reasoning behind it. The comment itself is completely and utterly racist and there is no way to deny it. It doesn't matter if he is talking about the football field, his personal life, or a life he created on an online sim. The comment is disgusting.

By your logic, I could say that if the Pats want to win the Super Bowl, they need a white QB. That comment is completely racist, but of all the Super Bowls all but one has been won by white QB.

I've got news for you. Not all African Americans have the same cultural background. Johnson in implying that is also racist. I know plenty African Americans who have grown up in very diverse environments. My cultural background is far closer to some of the African Americans I know than African Americans from other parts of the country and social/economic backgrounds. To assume you will have more or less in common in terms of your culture and background based on their skin color is racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back