PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Joey Galloway has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far Gaffney is one of the few Ex-Patriots who has a reason to laugh that he is not in Foxboro anymore as of right now.

Kelley Washington
Adam Vinatieri
Asante Samuel
Daniel Graham
Gaffney
Russ Hochstein

All of those guys are playing significant roles on playoff-caliber teams right now.

Sure, guys have a tendency to get hurt a ton after they leave the Pats (Wilson, Gay, Givens, Branch...) or we let them go when they're old as hell (Vrabel, McGinest), but the premise that everyone that we release instantly turns to **** is just demonstrably false. When you employ good players, they tend to stay good after they leave.

Last edited:
Kelley Washington
Adam Vinatieri
Asante Samuel
Daniel Graham
Gaffney
Russ Hochstein
Probably Seymour, since as badly as the Raiders suck at least he's proving that he can dominate in the 4-3, expanding his FA market this offseason...

And other than probably Hochstein, they're all making more money.

I wonder if people still think that he and Brady needed more time to get on the same page:rolleyes:

I wonder if people still think that he and Brady needed more time to get on the same page:rolleyes:

Same was said for Chad Jackson who is now waiting on tables at the Denver Olive Garden right now :snob:

I don't see how this contradicts that idea in any way.

He was a one year rental, and several other players (Edelman, Aiken) are picking up the system much quicker than him. If they think it'll take him the rest of the season to pick it up, they're better off seeing what they have in the young guys (Edelman, Aiken, Tate, Nunn)

Same was said for Chad Jackson who is now waiting on tables at the Denver Olive Garden right now :snob:

Olive Garden relesed him as he didn't know the menu b/c there are too many variations to the lunch specials.

Now hes driving the Fung Wa as its a straight-ahead route :p

According to Holly - Throughout his Galloway was always the receiver who had quarterbacks adjust to his straight up speed. He had never adjusted to his quarterbacks. In the Pats system where the receivers adjust to Tom Brady's style, he could never work out.

According to Holly - Throughout his Galloway was always the receiver who had quarterbacks adjust to his straight up speed. He had never adjusted to his quarterbacks. In the Pats system where the receivers adjust to Tom Brady's style, he could never work out.

Seems reasonable. I do ask myself why the vaunted Pats personel system with BB as the final word, signs guys like this having watched film and personally interviewing them, thus knowing FAR more about them than Holley or any of us. Go figure.

It's somewhat puzzling that the Pats keep finding value in the 7th round and UFAs while misfiring on FAs with detailed on film track records in the NFL and selecting 2nd round picks that fail to contribute. I think that 2009's 2nd round will break that 2nd round cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back