PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Jimmy Johnson tells Detroit to hire Scott Pioli away from the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Johnson should go mind his own business. :rolleyes:

I know what you are saying but don't worry Scott's not going anywhere for a long time. He reupped his contract when the Rumors were he would look for a GM job. Than the rumors with Seatle and others. But he is still here. He is comfortable for now and all indications are he will play this out as long as the success sustains.

This goes for all the comments like yours: Don't take exception to the notion. It is a compliment to him and his work that a guy like Jimmy Johnson thinks that highly of him.

Jimmy Johnson and Belichick are known to be buddies in the offseason and I have heard they go on fishing trips and stuff like that at times

I find it hard to believe Johnson would backstab a friend by urging Pioli to leave.

Jimmy Johnson and Belichick are known to be buddies in the offseason and I have heard they go on fishing trips and stuff like that at times

I find it hard to believe Johnson would backstab a friend by urging Pioli to leave.

A friend backstabbing Belichick? :eek:

How is he backstabbing him? All he said was that the Lions need the best personnel guy in the business. Dude, get a grip.

Johnson's not back stabbing anybody. I take the comment to be in effect a way of complimenting not just SP, but the Pats organization as a whole - which in turn counters some of the negative press they continue to receive.

Will never happen.

This should not happen. It would be great for his career but NO.

Going to Detriot is never a good career move,,,,,,,,he passed on Seattle's millions, he aint going anywhere.

Leaving New England to go to Detroit is a good career move?
:rofl:

Pioli is well on his way to being in the Patriots "Hall of Fame" ... no way he's leaving unless Belichick leaves also.

Hopefully he stays. i'm sure he would only take a position where he was given full power. i suspect that is the reason he declined the offer in Seattle. even though a lot of people give him credit in our neck of the woods, i fully believe that he has always been in BB's shadow. I think if the situation was right, the power was right, he would go, even if the money wasnt out of control

I think I know how this would go

ring ring

"Hello This is Scott Pioli who is calling?"

"Hi it's the Detroit Lions, we wondered if you wanted to run the team?"

"Well guys I have to think about that, it's quite an offer"

"Ok how about *beep* Oh wait we have a call on the other line, just sec *click over* Yes this is Detroit Lions Football..."

"Yeah it's Scott Pioli...NO!"

if Pioli left then i guess I'D have to step up to the plate and take his spot. :idea2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes