PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Jets' Audibles Compromised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Patriots have returned the favor, bringing in former Jets receiver Tim Dwight for a visit.

And the notion of the Pats being genuinely interested in Dwight is genuinely implausible. The Patriots are loaded at the receiver position. And Wes Welker will handle punt returns and (with Ellis Hobbs) kick returns.

So the visit with Dwight most likely was nothing more than a chance to pick his brain about the Jets' playbook. As we mentioned when addressing the issue regarding the Jets and Caldwell, Dwight doesn't know anything about the game plan for this week; thus, there's only so much that he can tell the Pats.

UPDATE: .... Did the Pats bring in Dwight in order to simply find out the Jets' audible calls? If so, the timing was perfect. It now puts the Jets in the position of having to decide whether to change the audibles, and then to implement the changes, only a day before kickoff.

Edited excerpt:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Re: Jets' Audibles Compromised? : PFT

I think that Mangini would be bold enough to leave the audibles the same, in all honesty. I think that he believes his team is good enough to execute plays even if they are compromised.

Also, I doubt that Dwight would tell the Pats anything. Just like I doubt that Caldwell told the Jets anything.

Turnabout's fair game...what's the going rate on audibles these days, anyways?

Turnabout's fair game... what's the going rate on audibles these days, anyways?

An all-expense paid trip to beautiful downtown Foxborough.

They probably got nothing from Dwight, and then planted the rumor. Its all gamesmanship...

I love it!!!

It came from PFT. I bet Mike Florio made up this alleged Tim Dwight meeting just to create a rumor. Has anyone ever heard of this Adam Schefter or NFL Network? Sounds made up to me. I guess since Florio has been exposed all last week for making up rumors, he has started to make up sources to attribute his rumors. I gotta hand it to him, he is getting smarter. :D

Florio and his talk of this ridiculously sounding sport of "football" is so obviously invented for the sole purpose of supporting his sad little "rumor" mill.

Last edited:
The Jets dont even audible that much..
They just send guys in motion, so if the Pats find out the signal that sends someone in motion, well, so what?

And I read somewhere last year that the Jets dont have a set of audibles but instead they give Pennington 2 or 3 possible audibles on each drive.. So, if thats the case, then in order to give the Pats all of the audible calls, Dwight would have to give them the whole playbook, which I doubt he's going to do, lol.

Last edited:
Obviously Dwight has no shot here, so he's using the Jets signal thing as a pretense to compare their audibles with ours so he can steal our audibles and trade them to San Diego for another shot with his old team.

Counter-counter spy.

it doesn't really matter cuz

After the first quarter the jets are gonna have to throw on every down to try and catch up.

I don't think they will change the audibles. There's no time. Besides a good team wins with execution. You may know what they are doing, but you've still got to stop them from doing it. I don't think the Jets are that good a team yet. They will have to prove me wrong on Sunday.

Tim's also spilling the beans on what audibles Joe Namath will use if Suzy Kolber shows up.

It came from PFT. I bet Mike Florio made up this alleged Tim Dwight meeting just to create a rumor. Has anyone ever heard of this Adam Schefter or NFL Network? Sounds made up to me. I guess since Florio has been exposed all last week for making up rumors, he has started to make up sources to attribute his rumors. I gotta hand it to him, he is getting smarter. :D
:p
Minor difference between "Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports..." and "our league insiders report rumbles in the NFL Grapevine about...."

Obviously Dwight has no shot here, so he's using the Jets signal thing as a pretense to compare their audibles with ours so he can steal our audibles and trade them to San Diego for another shot with his old team.

Counter-counter spy.
Or something like that.

spy%20vs%20spy.bmp

Lol yeah come on this is BS... Jets don't even have audibles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes