PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: "Is Brady tarnished too?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Florio trying too hard to milk this - Brady out of HOF consideration

How many times have we seen Brady fire the ball to a wide open receiver an instant after Brady got the snap? How, in those cases, did he know so quickly that the guy would be open?

It's called a Smoke Screen, you f*cking idiot...and he knows because the CB is 7+ yards off.

Everyone runs it.

You don't have to steal signs to see where a defense is aligned pre-snap and make a quick read.

The world (and especially the sports media) is full of idiots that don't have a clue what they are seeing on a football field or what goes on in an NFL organization...but that doesn't stop them from commenting anyway. It's absurd.

Last edited:
Re: PFT -"Is Brady Tarnished too?"

Ok, I have defended PFT and Mike Florio in the past. But to say that Brady needs to play for another team and/or another coach to be considered for Canton is monumentally stupid. Brady has at least another 5-8 years left in this league barring injuries. Do anyone really think people will even tie this scandal to Brady 10-13 years from now? It will be attached to Belichick forever, but Brady will not be tied to this unless starting this weekend he goes from an elite QB to an Average Joe.

Florio is going off the deep end here.

Wow just Wow, there really are no words I can express besides I really really hate all these people who are now challenging how good Brady is?
Yeah we knew every gameplan sop that's why Brady always had to check down to the second or third receiver option move around in the pocket to make something happen because he had to play it off since he knew which guy would be open all along.
God I can't wait till we get our punishment cause no fan of any team should have to deal with this garbage.
There are 2 men in the nfl playing involved with acts of murder in some form or another.
We have people dating underage girls, alcoholics, drug addicts in the league all this crap but let's tear down the man who is very active in charities visited Africa to talk to and bring up the spirits of sick children and when he lost to the Colts he had the sportship and morality to wish Peyton luck in the superbowl and has always spoke about the other 31 teams in the best possible way no matter how much they sucked.
Now we gotta hear this crap about Tom?
This **** has hit the fan play with another coach?
Play with another team?
Blasphemy to even suggest any of this, these people should have to endure the most harshest of penalties watching really over weight girls work out on treadmills constantly while listening to Celine Dion and Fran Dresher sing together while nails go across a chalkboard that's what these bastards deserve.

peyton isn't a proven cheater...

Weird. League sources have said that one team that rivals the Pats in the covert ops department is the Colts.

One train of thought is that the more ridiculous these mediots become the more likely they will be laughed off of their stage. One can hope?

Amazing leap in logic in that "rumor".

It fails to explain why Bledsoe failed to be successful in this system when presumably (and I'm just following the leap in logic) he would have benefited the same from video taping of the defensive signals that Brady did.

Idiots.

Last edited:

PFT has turned into the Daily KOS, Belichick and Brady playing the role of Bush and Rove.

We can only wonder where he goes next.

Time for an organized boycott of profootballtalk...
read his stories all you want, but dont click on any of his ads or sign up for anything under him... therefore, he will make no money... if the hundreds of pats fans who read his site all boycott his ads, it will make a difference.

peyton isn't a proven cheater... you're comparing apples to oranges here. the argument that tom brady's career is tarnished is perfectly valid. only a true homer would try to argue otherwise. people need to start being objective on this board. put down your love for the patriots and look at the situation for what it is.

I hate to tell you but the Pats are not proven cheaters since the league has not handed down any sanctions yet. BB could prove his case and explain what happened to the commish and everything could be resolved with the two sides getting together to put everything into context. Until then you have no basis to talk on. Secondly, no one will ever know when this all started. I'm sure the league office and along with whiny Steeler, Colts, Raiders and Charger are reviewing game tape of every regular season and postseason contest trying to find the 2nd shooter in the grassy noll. If there were cameraman taping any of the Pats games, I'm sure they will find it. Until then there has been only one game were the Pats got caught using a camera and that was their week 1 victory against the Jets.

If I had to truthfully predict when this all started I would guess the Pats started using cameras after they got their ***E$ handed to them by the Dolphins after they purchased enhanced audio tapes and completely trounced the Pats. The Pats probably figured since the league wasn't going to do ***** about it their mantra became, "if you can't beat 'em join 'em"

PFT has turned into the Daily KOS, Belichick and Brady playing the role of Bush and Rove.

We can only wonder where he goes next.

He doesn't have an idealogical stake in this. If it turns out that the punishment is not all that severe, he'll jump on "the real media" for blowing the story out of proportion (ignoring his own contributions).

And he was one of the few to correctly question how this reflects upon Manginas credentials. If you climb the ladder by cheating, how much of a position are you in to criticize the guy that helped you do it?

PFT has gone to the point of being absurd. The implications and assumptions they make about Tom are ridiculous. Anything to be controversial.

If it's discovered that the Pats' had been stealing defensive signals, why WOULDN'T Brady's skills come into question?

What QB couldn't look great if he was being given plays based on advance knowledge of what the defense was going to do? What are you KIDDING me?
That's such an unfair advantage it's not funny.

Fair or not -- PFT isn't the only ones wondering about Brady right now. The whole football nation outside New England is. That's just reality.

If it's discovered that the Pats' had been stealing defensive signals, why WOULDN'T Brady's skills come into question?

What QB couldn't look great if he was being given plays based on advance knowledge of what the defense was going to do? What are you KIDDING me?
That's such an unfair advantage it's not funny.

Fair or not -- PFT isn't the only ones wondering about Brady right now. The whole football nation outside New England is. That's just reality.

The reality is that most of "football nation" doesn't know a damn thing about football.

Great, another ******.

The Pats are on the hook for having a video camera. That's it.

EVERY TEAM STEALS SIGNALS. In fact, to the league, it's not even stealing. It's 100% allowed. So I guess it's time we call into question the skills of every guy who's ever taken a snap in the league. Every single one.

Great, another ******.

The Pats are on the hook for having a video camera. That's it.

EVERY TEAM STEALS SIGNALS. In fact, to the league, it's not even stealing. It's 100% allowed. So I guess it's time we call into question the skills of every guy who's ever taken a snap in the league. Every single one.

Wait -- you actually believe this and I'm the one who's a "******"?

No, the Patriots are on the hook for a lot more than just "having" a video camera. It's what you guys amazingly don't get -- or don't want to get.

If it's "100% allowed" then why are the Patriots being disciplined for this? Are you KIDDING?

And no, we don't call into question "every guy who's ever taken a snap" because only ONE guy has gotten the benefit of this video scam: Tom Brady.

Man you guys are incredible.

Wait -- you actually believe this and I'm the one who's a "******"?

No, the Patriots are on the hook for a lot more than just "having" a video camera. It's what you guys amazingly don't get -- or don't want to get.

If it's "100% allowed" then why are the Patriots being disciplined for this? Are you KIDDING?

And no, we don't call into question "every guy who's ever taken a snap" because only ONE guy has gotten the benefit of this video scam: Tom Brady.

Man you guys are incredible.

First off, they haven't been disciplined for anything yet, Nostradamus. No one knows anything.

Secondly, stealing signs isn't against the rules. You can piss and moan all you want, but it's not. Every coach in the league would admit to stealing signs, if asked. What they wouldn't admit to is using a camera to do it, which became outlawed at the beginning of this season.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good trolling.

Let me ask you this: if Brady continues to light it up, which he will, you going to come back and take your medicine?

This is the e-mail I sent Florio. I doubt he reads it or I get a response, but...

I don't usually feel compelled to e-mail any of the sites I read for obvious reasons (the fact that the writers don't usually read them), but I do after reading the crap you wrote on Tom Brady to bring up a few points.

1) If Brady does know every single defensive play the opposition are going to throw at him, why haven't the Patriots won 6 Super Bowls in 6 years? Make that 7, since Belichick's been around since 2000.

2) Speaking of 2000, why did the Patriots go 5-11 that year with Drew Bledsoe at the helm? Is Bledsoe so stupid that he didn't know how to exploit defensive plays? If the practice is Belichick's, then it was probably Parcells', too. What about Vinny or Phil Simms? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

3) Adam Schefter was on WEEI earlier and said that league sources have told him that 10 or more teams do this besides the Patriots. If one of those was the Colts, should Peyton Manning deserve the call to Canton? The Packers and Brett Favre? What if the Bears did it, would that be enough to convince you that the whole thing doesn't have much benefit since Grossman is so awful?

4) Sean Salisbury of ESPN (yea, yea, I know) and Rodney Peete of the Best Damn Sports Show, both former NFL QBs, have come to the Patriots defense, saying that there isn't much benefit to be derived from this and the Patriots have been and remain one of the best teams in the league. Peete said the Patriots should receive no punishment, Salisbury said the Jets wouldn't have won if all their guys were on steroids and the Patriots had 8 players on the field. The only former player I've seen jump on the Patriots is Mark Schlereth, and how many knees did Schlereth break chop blocking Terrell Davis to Super Bowl glory?

If anybody wants to know, I did some research on NFL.com. In all but one season, Tom Brady has more interceptions in the second half than in the first, which should quiet anyfurther speculation about his "miraculous" late comebacks. Im going to email Florio at PFT and tell him to do some research next time.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/situationalstats?id=BRA371156&season=2006

Scroll through the seasons they didn't have splits for his whole career.

Dear Colts fans, let me get this straight...

The QB who holds the ball the longest and goes more consistently to his 2nd and 3rd reads is the most suspected of having a big artificial edge, simply because he took a discount to play with a good team just like so many other players here do.

While fans of the QB who more consistently throws to his primary receiver, who throws the ugliest ducks I have seen at any level of football, and who more often finds WIDE FREAKING OPEN receivers, get to stake out the moral high ground.

Yeah, we're the homers.

I said this would happen and got crucified for my insane rant.
Of course it's ridiculous, but who didn't see it coming?
Apparently a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye