Welcome to PatsFans.com

PFT: "Is Brady tarnished too?"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

This is getting hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

2. Vern

Vern Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: PFT -"Is Brady Tarnished too?"

PFT has turned into the Daily KOS, Belichick and Brady playing the role of Bush and Rove.

We can only wonder where he goes next.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Florio has lost his mind, otoh he has generated a lot of traffic for his site, which is the bottom line.

4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,617 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Or, to be equally fair, into Bill O'Reilly, with Belichick and Brady being George Soros and Hillary Clinton or something.

But, seriously, anybody who thinks this is going to tarnish Brady is a bloody idiot.

5. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The rest of the season will say a lot about how good Belichick, Brady and the Pats really are. The silver lining in all of this is once a punishment is levied, that's the end of it. No more suspicion on what happens AFTER Week 1.

6. Vern

Vern Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fair enough, though O'Reilly doesn't run a "new media" web site. That's what I was getting at.

7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +574 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

He's already in. If his career ended today, he'd be in first ballot. It's not the experts who aren't convinced, it's just opposing fans who hate his pretty boy looks and permanent smile.

Keep smilin' Tom!

8. SCPatFan

SCPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is has gone far past ridiculious. I can't wait for Brady to light up the Chargers on Sunday.

9. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Honestly, this is about as overblown and hysterical as I've ever seen ANY story played out in the media.

This is why the internet age sucks.

10. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

PFT: Florio trying too hard to milk this - Brady out of HOF consideration

This is just nuts.

Mike Vick and the dogs die down... traffic dies down. Next controversy? Patriots cheating! Excellent, let's ride this for all it's worth.

Brady isn't HOF material unless he succeeds with another team and another coach?

11. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: PFT: Florio trying too hard to milk this - Brady out of HOF consideration

Bahah... got distracted while typing, and somebody beat me to it. Time to merge my own thread. :D

12. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's just dumb. It's making their coverage of the Michael Vick saga seem tame.

13. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

Re: PFT: Florio trying too hard to milk this - Brady out of HOF consideration

What?!?!?!?

14. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

Florio is equating brady's success to like playing a video game . "how did he know the receiver will be open ? "

hilarious :D

15. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +263 / 1 / -1

I agree B. I mean Brady made a lot of plays on scrambles and breakdowns.

I had no idea the hatred of our team ran soooo deep. Kinda scary.

16. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Bingo.

Web site traffic spikes are like a drug.... you get this huge spike, and it's like a high, then inevitably it dies down, and even if the traffic is still higher than before the big spike, it still feels like a let down, and you want desperately to duplicate that traffic spike again.

Now, I'm sure Florio will come out and claim that traffic was higher during the first week of the season than during the Vick thing... but that would be totally disingenuous. Which wouldn't be surprising.

I doubt Florio even believes his own bologna he's spewing.... but you can bet your ass it's good for business.

17. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ok, so when Peyton Manning plays great it's because he prepares so well but Brady needs to know the opposing D? Don't people always say that Manning "knows what's coming" - how would he know?

18. UglyPatriots

UglyPatriots Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

peyton isn't a proven cheater... you're comparing apples to oranges here. the argument that tom brady's career is tarnished is perfectly valid. only a true homer would try to argue otherwise. people need to start being objective on this board. put down your love for the patriots and look at the situation for what it is.

19. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

didnt you read what florio says ? Its because brady is a sixth round pick he needs such help. Manning on the other hand is a 1st round pick. ..:D

20. sebman2112

sebman2112 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is moronic in so many levels it's not even funny. I'm only going to address a few of them, though :)

First he talks about how it seems Brady knows what the defense is going to do, knows when a blitz is coming

OK, I don't know about you but that simply comes from studying that team and learning their tendencies. A lot of times I can tell what the Patriots are going to do just before they do it. I'll be watching the game and say to my friends "their going to run Dillon over left tackle" and they'll do just that. I called half their offensive plays before they happened during their defeat of the Eagles in the SB. I'm sure a lot of you can kind of tell what they are going to do before they do it as well. The point is that if you watch a team enough times you can start to learn their tendencies and at least kind of figure out what they're going to do on any given play. By now most of you who've been fans of the Patriots for awhile should be able to think of 2-3 plays their going to run once they come to the line. Now think about defensive coaches who've been studying video of the Patriots offense and tell me they aren't going to figure out at least some of the Patriots tendencies? It just shows Florio has absolutely no clue about what goes preparing for these games.

Later he said something about Brady throwing the ball to a receiver almost instantly after the snap and wonder how Brady knew the receiver was going to be wide open......

Hello Genius, that's something they teach you in f*ckin' HS! If the DB is to far off the WR you throw it to him, it's as simple as that. There's no trick to it, no cheating just good ole grade school/HS ball. For some reason it doesn't seem like all NFL teams use those passes that much which I don't understand because it's an easy completion.

While he said a bunch of other things that were equally stupid I don't feel like ranting all day and I actually have a game of my own to worry about....I'll see you guys around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.