PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Gaffney to visit Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaffney has been one of the more frustrating player in recent memory.........he's made some outstanding plays but has screwed the pooch alot, too.........the tough part is that every time he starts to look like he getting more looks, he disappeared........the pats need a little more consistency out of the position.......doesn't have to be a big deal, but a dependable 3rd target would be nice....especially with faulk reaching the twilight of his career

I like Gaffney, I hope he doesn't leave. I think he had some really great catches in 07 season and some huge misses in the 08 season, but I would hate to see him go. Luckily I just got a signed pic of him yesterday!:D

JAG.

Just a guy.

Before people jump on me for "ripping the guy who might be leaving", yeah, he makes some nice catches for us but he also had some big drops last year and didn't receive much of a nibble last year during FA. I don't want to lose any "starter" or contributor but I'm certainly not overly bothered by this.

Stop ripping the guy who might be leaving!

JK. Gaff is tough, good blocker, can make big catches, seems like a real team player. A very solid # 3 WR. Yeah, he had that one craptacular drop in Indy, but who hasn't. Anyway, I'd mind this less if there was another apparent # 3 on the team now.

Re: Gaffney to Denver?

That would suck. I like Gaff.

I do, too. I would love to have Gaff back, especially w Brady coming back as the two have good chemistry. But if there is one good side product of Gaffney signing elsewhere, is that it will force the Patriots to address wide receiver in the draft - and its a good draft at wideout, and in many places throughout the draft. There are high risk guys for sure, there are the Chad Jackson/Bethel Johnson type (though I think Darius Heyward Bey is closer to a sure thing, can't pinpoint why, but I think he'll be a star in the NFL), but there's always safer picks like Robiskie (good route runner, smart [father is a wide receiver coach in NFL]), Britt (big, can go over the middle). And later in the draft I love Deon Butler, who looks like a Deion Branch clone.

Last edited:
I think there is alot of FA that could fill this role. Drew bennett, galloway, bobby engram and a few others not a huge deal if we do loose him IMO.
Sure there are. I like continuity and would like Gaffney to end up re-signing with us - but he's just a guy and would be easily replaced.

Re: Gaffney to Visit Denver

They probably have a contract to offer Gaffney so I see him going to denver for a little bit more than what the pats would offer him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back