PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Fletcher agrees to contract with Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?p=996599

Originally posted by stirs
Rumors about Moss becoming a Cardinal are being reported on Profootballtalk.com. I think Denny Green is nuts over this guy although Bolden and Moss would be a tough combo. Giving up the farm though is a terrible idea. I am wondering if in fact the site is in some kind of April Fools Day reporting mode. It seems too crazy for anyone to give up what the Cards are said to be giving.

This is actually kind of fun. LOL.

I wonder if I can find a rumormill prediction tying Moss to every team in the NFL?

I'm tempted to try it, It's kind of like Cool Hand Luke with the eggs.

Now I know there's got to be a Patriot trade for Moss from last year..........

Tampering is the biggest joke in the NFL, they all go to Indy, all the agents are there.. does anyone really think that they follow all of the rules?? If they didn't I would be disapointed, that is why there is such a flurry of signings the first couple of days.

PFT is what it is, somedays they are right on other days they are not, if they are off they admit it. I visit that site at least twice a day, overall they provide a service to this internet thing.

Last edited:
The thread title is misleading. They may have a deal in place -- but they don't and can't have a contract. Either way, it was Clayton who really broke the story in his column, of which I posted earlier:

Most people around Indianapolis believe the Redskins will get a deal done quickly with Bills middle linebacker London Fletcher. The Redskins were hurt a couple years ago by the loss of middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, who left for the Giants. Fletcher isn't expected to be re-signed by the Bills. The Redskins don't have the cap room to sign Clements, but most believe Fletcher will head to Washington and reunite with former Bills head coach Gregg Williams, the Redskins' defensive coordinator.

ESPN - Clayton

---

Clayton says "the Redskins will get a deal done quickly...". Pats1 says "Fletcher agrees to contract". PFT says, "already struck a deal..."

oh the redskins

wont they ever learn

Now PFT is saying the Redskins might trade for Michael Strahan.

That team is ridiculous.

Now PFT is saying the Redskins might trade for Michael Strahan.

That team is ridiculous.

I wonder who they would give up

The Redskins will probably swap #1 picks with the Giants for Strahan.

They don't believe in the value of draft choices like most teams.

The Skins don't have to use draft picks as a cheap source for talent.

They have an unlimited amount of bonus money.

if you're suggesting we place an already washed up over the hill bruschie with a soon to be washed up and over priced fletcher, please go away.

Wow. You may want to hang out a bit more and get a feel for the board before you go around telling people to "Please go away". ;)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:46 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 8:26 p.m. EST, February 26, 2007
FLETCHER DEAL NOT DONE?

Although there are rampant rumors that the Washington Redskins have reached a deal with Bills middle linebacker London Fletcher, a source close to Fletcher says that a final decision has not been made.

The Redskins, Patriots, Lions, and Bills are interested in Fletcher, and the source says that the Bills currently are the favorites to land London, with the Redskins at No.2 on the list.

Ideally, however, the Bills should have the exclusive ability to negotiate with Fletcher until Friday. But that's simply not how it works in the NFL anymore; virtually every team violates the prohibition on tampering when the time comes to talk to pending free agents. Indeed, we're not aware of a single team thatdoesn't get an early start on chatting with players who technically are the property of others.

Last edited:
talk about backtracking and trying to cover the tampering

That's not what's happening. He's saying teams besides the Bills are interested, but they have not gotten a deal done yet. That is still tampering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes