Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 8:16 p.m. EST, February 25, 2007
FLETCHER OFF THE MARKET?

One of the hot rumors in Indy is that Bills linebacker London Fletcher already has struck a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Fletcher, a nine-year veteran who has played with the Rams and the Bills, was believed to be a target of the Redskins and the Lions, and possibly others.

Of course, even if the 'Skins and Fletcher have a deal, it doesn't mean that the arrangement is binding. Since any contact between a pending free agent and a different team is prohibited, there can be no binding contract at this point.

Last year, it was widely believed that the Eagles had an agreement in principle with center LeCharles Bentley, who made a beeline for Cleveland once the free-agency period started.

Can you say t-a-m-p-e-r-i-n-g?

Last edited:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Can you say t-a-m-p-e-r-i-n-g?
[/LEFT]

I first want to say "Thank You for the New and Intriguing News"

Second of all.... the Skins never learn on trying to buy wins by buying players. Another old guy for their system.

Third of all, you are right, they continually tamper. I hope they lose draft picks because of this. Hopefully the new commish steps up.

The skins are at it again. Next, they will give up their first round pick for Dwight Freeney.

Knew it. Redskins were drooling all over him as soon as they found out he was hitting the market.

How can the skins afford anyone? Arent they in cap hell?

yoou figure the cap is continually going to go up, so why not just backload everything?

plus i'm sure they're not paying big bucks for Jason Campbell on a rookie contract. and i think shawn springs is gone.

The skins are at it again. Next, they will give up their first round pick for Dwight Freeney.

he's an exclusive franchise player. no one can give him anything, only the colts can negotitate with him

That's the site that said Pete Carroll already had a contract in place with the Chargers. I'm not saying it isn't going to come true, but I wouldn't take everything they say as gospel.
If they do sign Fletcher, I'm sure they'll give him a deal that is way too long so they have a ton of dead cap money when he retires in a few years :D

That's the site that said Pete Carroll already had a contract in place with the Chargers. I'm not saying it isn't going to come true, but I wouldn't take everything they say as gospel.
If they do sign Fletcher, I'm sure they'll give him a deal that is way too long so they have a ton of dead cap money when he retires in a few years :D

pft is a RUMOR site so its most likely not true, im sure fletcher wouldnt agree with them unless he is getting overpaid, BB supposedly loves him as a player and he always plays well against the pats so if its true good hes out of the division and if not maybe the pats will still sign him we will find out soon enough:singing:

pft is a RUMOR site so its most likely not true, im sure fletcher wouldnt agree with them unless he is getting overpaid, BB supposedly loves him as a player and he always plays well against the pats so if its true good hes out of the division and if not maybe the pats will still sign him we will find out soon enough:singing:

PFT is correct 90% of the time.

They have serious league sources, and their traffic has exploded over the past year or two.

The Redskins don't overpay people?

Its in moments like this that the Salary cap is a bit of a joke IMO.

i heard dielman (OG) and steinbach (OG) already have deals ready to go that would pay them more than hutch made last year but the speculation on that is it's just posturing by their agent

Last edited:
This will get interesting.

pft is a RUMOR site so its most likely not true.

While I agree that PFT is a RUMOR site - and doesn't claim to be otherwise, by the way - they are not always, but ALMOST always right. So, Pete Carroll story aside, I'm thinking this has a decent level of veracity.

if you're suggesting we place an already washed up over the hill bruschie with a soon to be washed up and over priced fletcher, please go away.

PFT is correct 90% of the time.

They have serious league sources, and their traffic has exploded over the past year or two.

I can find more than 10% just in false Randy Moss rumors.

Unless he was traded to the Jags or Vikings, which I found within the first three google results.

I'd look for more Moss predictions but i want to see who gets best actor at the Oscars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes