PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT duscusses NFL being fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reasons that are obvious (Polian) or unknown to the rest of us, the Indianapolis Colts are held to a different standard than the Patriots. I have not understood why the league has made a push as hard as they have the last few years to get Peyton his SB victory. I have never witnessed anything like it. As time goes by, it softens the sting of some of the most underhanded officiating ever seen in the NFL in favor of the Colts. WHY? Why are they special and the rest of the league is thier doormats? Why?

A couple of years ago, at the mandatory roster cutdown following the preseason, all NFL teams had to submit the team rosters by midnight, on saturday prior to opening day. The NFL however, found that the Colts needed another 24 hours......Why? So they could decide who to cut and what released players they could go after as many articles suggested?

Why has the NFL treated the Colts differently? Could Bill Polian be THAT big a factor?

This is not a big story, just like "Spygate" wasn't. Somebody is inflating into something bigger than what it is. It's a nothing story.

Huh? Goodell returned the pick and the $$$?

The irony that none of you seem to see here is that the expression of belief that games are being fixed is largely the belief among other teams' fans that it's NE and the refs in NE games that are doing the fixing--just check out other team's message boards and you'll see plenty of folks saying that. Unpopular to hear here as it may be, but there it is. Not saying they're correct in their view, but there's no doubt that that's the perception in a lot of other corners of NFL fandom.

The irony that none of you seem to see here is that the expression of belief that games are being fixed is largely the belief among other teams' fans that it's NE and the refs in NE games that are doing the fixing--just check out other team's message boards and you'll see plenty of folks saying that. Unpopular to hear here as it may be, but there it is. Not saying they're correct in their view, but there's no doubt that that's the perception in a lot of other corners of NFL fandom.

you can find ignoramuses anywhere you go in the world....oh, look, I found one.

I find it ironic that Goodell has saw fit to investigate and penalize only the Patriots for rules violations. Everything else gets swept under the rug Including the investigation of who leaked the Pats tape.
All we want from the League is equal treatment. Too bad there isn't anybody from the Pats on the Competition Committee to take care of us.

curious - does the "agreement" talk come from more than one offhand comment by Collins?

I guess the folks at Columbia and Harvard were wrong for awarding me degrees then--silly them.....

Congratulations.....Yale gave degrees to a couple of Presidents I didn't vote for as well. Go figure....

you can find ignoramuses anywhere you go in the world....oh, look, I found one.

BackBayBilly makes a valid point. The only person your post denigrates is you.

BackBayBilly makes a valid point. The only person your post denigrates is you.

I really don't mind. I don't think my post is invalid.

It should absolutely be looked into. It calls into question the Integrity of the "GAME ITSELF" Until its resolved Dungy** deserves 2 asterisks next to his name (that pillar of society LOL)
Lets just hope that the Colts** get the same treatment the Bucs got for resting their players (quick exit) As BB would say; "football players PLAY"

Fixing games with teams that are in your division is definitely "quiet strength"

Having the league fix your games so you can win a Superbowl is even more "quiet strength"

I'm not sure it's not being looked into because of Bill Polian. I always assumed it was because of Saint Dungy and his good name?

There is collusion every time one coach sees the other coach pull starters and follows suit.
Nonsense. That is reacting to what the other person does, not collusion.

Is it collusion to put in a dime package when the the other team goes five wide?

Colllusion is if both have an agreement before the game to pull their starters.

Who cares... another non-issue.

Fixing games with teams that are in your division is definitely "quiet strength"

Having the league fix your games so you can win a Superbowl is even more "quiet strength"

Not using all your timeouts is another example of "quiet strength"

Not using all your timeouts is another example of "quiet strength"

that's a craptastic example of "quiet strength"

you are learning well.

we are all very proud of you.

Buffalo Billy
As usual you have misconstrued my comments. Goodell said he was going to conduct an investigation in who leaked the confidential tape to Fox TV. At that time I assumed incorrectly that his word actually meant something. As of this time the results of the investigation if it ever took place has not been released. I can only assume that it either was not conducted or would implicate someone in his office or his former employer the Jets that he would have to punish.
As to the other tapes received from the Pats, I have no doubt that given Goodell inclination if there was something damaging to the Pats it would have been used aginst them rather than destroyed.

For reasons that are obvious (Polian) or unknown to the rest of us, the Indianapolis Colts are held to a different standard than the Patriots. I have not understood why the league has made a push as hard as they have the last few years to get Peyton his SB victory. I have never witnessed anything like it. As time goes by, it softens the sting of some of the most underhanded officiating ever seen in the NFL in favor of the Colts. WHY? Why are they special and the rest of the league is thier doormats? Why?

A couple of years ago, at the mandatory roster cutdown following the preseason, all NFL teams had to submit the team rosters by midnight, on saturday prior to opening day. The NFL however, found that the Colts needed another 24 hours......Why? So they could decide who to cut and what released players they could go after as many articles suggested?

Why has the NFL treated the Colts differently? Could Bill Polian be THAT big a factor?

I agree. And I think Polian's rule changes have flat out ruined the game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back