PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Chad Jackson a problem child pre-draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
ironwasp said:
A horrible loss last night, but it looks like they are finally moving in the right direction.

Damn. If that meltdown was "moving in the right direction", I'd sure hate to see what it would look like if the Cardinals took a turn for the worse!

Well I'm sure your cellphone going off twice is an indication that you're a terrible person... but in this case didn't they report the wrong guy? Gotta love how inaccurate the media is around here. Don't believe everything you hear till it's confirmed by at least 2 or 3 sources. Maybe it's the BB info lockdown policy but a lot of stuff written about the pats seems to be absolutely BS lately.

ironwasp said:
This comes straight out of a PFT report about the Moss to Pats trade gathering steam, and caught my eye:

"Besides, we think the Pats realize that the receiver position attracts and/or creates prima donnas. Hell, they drafted Chad Jackson, whom one team took back to the airport early after a horrendous visit in which his cell phone went off twice during a meeting with the head coach. At one point during the visit with said team, Jackson muttered, "I don't want to play here anyway."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

These guys are right/wrong in more or less equal measure as far as I can work out.

WOW, it comes from the rumor mill so it must be.........a rumor?

drew4008 said:
This is wrong. That player who had his cell phone go off twice in a meeting, and was asked to leave before the meeting was even over, was Jimmy Williams, CB from Va. Tech, now on the Falcons. This meeting was with the Redskins.

Yes, but it's a good story and they didn't need it for Williams.

Look, if you want facts, why are you reading the rumor mill.:confused:

By the way, Alison told me Chad had a big wienerschnitzel, (she's German).

I guess that's not football related. Sorry.:nono:

RayClay said:
WOW, it comes from the rumor mill so it must be.........a rumor?
Right. I didn't suggest it was anything else. Just an interesting detail I hadn't seen anywhere else before. Presumably because it was wrong...:rolleyes:

ironwasp said:
Right. I didn't suggest it was anything else. Just an interesting detail I hadn't seen anywhere else before. Presumably because it was wrong...:rolleyes:

Not your fault. There are no ethics in reporting today at all. Imagine an actual publication "borrowing" a story and changing the player involved.

It just blows my mind.

RayClay said:
Not your fault. There are no ethics in reporting today at all. Imagine an actual publication "borrowing" a story and changing the player involved.

It just blows my mind.

I was a reporter for seven years - for a very reputable newspaper that prides itself above all on its honesty and integrity, which is not to say it hasn't had its moments - and some of the stuff you see going on is pretty unbelievable.

Over the years I published a number of stories that other newspapers simply picked up, copied more or less word for word and on occasion even had the temerity to describe as "exclusives".

But I don't think I ever heard of someone simply changing a name of a major protagonist because it fit with a story. That is either a basic failure of fact-checking, and an egregious one, or outright lying.

Then again, I guess I put the stuff up here without checking the facts too, so I should be careful where I throw my stones.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS AN EXAMPLE OF A RUMOUR AND HOW IT CAN SPREAD AROUND THE INTERNET. I MADE UP THE RUMOUR, IT HAS NOT SPREAD AROUND THE NET AND IT IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE.

I sometimes wonder if stories acquire a momentum of their own, through nothing other than dissemination. Let's say that I start a rumour that the Pats will draft Brady Quinn because of the pedigree of his first name :)D ) and the relationship with Charlie Weis.
If I couch it terms of "a source says" and write from a site that has a high level of traffic, it could be argued that I give the story some credibility. Others read it, pass it on, a journalist prints it and we have a story, of "Brady will be traded for a high #1 pick to Oakland (they need a QB badly, he is from California and his girlfriend is a Hollywood actress). The Pats will use the pick to draft Brady Quinn".
I wonder if that was what happened in Moss's case; the Pats are perceived as being short of a stellar WR, they are thought to have a large amount of cap space, Moss is thought to be unhappy on a losing team.

It was probably Polian bitc*ing about something else the Pats have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey